Nothing like inciting panic

blzrul

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do you do when there are experts saying we're headed towards a crash and boom at the same time?

Long term investor? Make sure you are diversified and keep buying. Low energy prices will be a positive in the long run even if they are hurting some companies today:

A Flat Fourth Quarter for Wells Fargo

New York Times - 2 hours ago
Wells Fargo's profit was flat in the fourth quarter and its revenue rose only slightly, as the bank grappled with the strains on loans in the oil and gas industry.

It's part of the Fed. So it's part of the federal government. So it's a federal agency. [\gatorlogic]

Sort of like how American Airlines is part of the fed, since they're regulated by the FAA and receive government subsidies.

It's part of the Fed. So it's part of the federal government. So it's a federal agency. [\gatorlogic]

It's regulated by the fed, it does own Fed stock, but it is required to by law, but that doesn't make it part of the Federal Government anymore than me owning Apple stock makes me a part of Apple

The RBS guy is an interest rate strategist & economist. They have a way with hyperbole. But his main worry is spot on. Time for cash under mattress.

RBS fixed income desk advising everyone to cash out of equities all together and put everything in fixed income? Sounds great.

I do generally agree with the guy though. I just cashed out of some of my bigger positions to lock in gains and have cash ready for a big buying opportunity. I think this market will continue to slide. Its time to pay at least some of the bill for stimulus and gov debt fueled growth.

It's regulated by the fed, it does own Fed stock, but it is required to by law, but that doesn't make it part of the Federal Government anymore than me owning Apple stock makes me a part of Apple

What makes it part of the Fed is it being a "member bank." And Wells is required by law to be a member of the Federal Reserve. So as part of the Fed, it's part of the federal government.