Jerry Hughes or Vontaze Burflict - problems?

BuffaloBill

As bad as Jerry Hughes is penalty wise, I've never seen him deliberately attempt to injure a player. Comparing him to Burfict in any way is insulting.

+1.......I was getting ready to post this, but I see you beat me to it.

Burfict is a throwback to the days when intimidation was part of the stock in trade of defenders - Bednarik, Lane, Butkus.

Not that I feel sorry for him but its sort of a shame because he is a great player who can absolutely take over a game from his position - like Ray Lewis. Imagine if he had just played the game properly - big sack of Ben, huge interception.

I guess lots of linebackers are half baked.

Edited by starrymessenger

Boy I hate to see Ray Lewis in any conversation. He had guns and never had the flag thrown. Jerry plays with heart. Just listen to his interviews and you can see he is concerned and disappointed with our year. A team player all the way. If he cleans up some of his dumb flags he could have a "C" on his shirt.

I remember when some folks lost it when we didn't draft Burfict. It's not like this behavior came out of the blue recently. He had a rep in college that killed his draft status. So Cincy got him as a UDFA and he played great, but this was the ticking time bomb that came with him.

BTW when is Shazier getting suspended?

Hughes does some dumb things but Burfict is literally a mentally insane person. He's been like his since high school. If he killed someone, I won't be surprised. He's Flat out nuts.

I remember when some folks lost it when we didn't draft Burfict. It's not like this behavior came out of the blue recently. He had a rep in college that killed his draft status. So Cincy got him as a UDFA and he played great, but this was the ticking time bomb that came with him.

It's a shame because Burfict is a damn good football player. Also, the same people calling him dirty would make excuses for him if the Bills signed him.

And I didn't think the Shazier play was dirty.

He's a steeler so he won't. Absolute double standard in that game.

Who is a bigger penalty problem? I know many on the board wanted Burflict. He certainly has talent but is he a more problematic version of Hughes relative to penalties?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621200/article/vontaze-burfict-suspended-three-games-will-appeal

Hughes makes some mistakes, but he, at many times this year, was the best defensive player on the field for the Bills and his personal foul penalties were down by the end of the year. His personal foul penalties when he got them were errors in enthusiasm. Burfict is a DIRTY Player and he doesn't get it that he hurts his team with his dirty play. Burfict is a big problem.

Hughes makes some mistakes, but he, at many times this year, was the best defensive player on the field for the Bills and his personal foul penalties were down by the end of the year. His personal foul penalties when he got them were errors in enthusiasm. Burfict is a DIRTY Player and he doesn't get it that he hurts his team with his dirty play. Burfict is a big problem.

Jerry doesn't seem to get that his dumb personal fouls hurt his team either. Yes Jerry was one of our best defensive players this year, but in order to be THE leader (which I think he is developing into) he needs to cut the personal fouls. No need to bump tannehil four yards out of bounds.

This thread is an insult to Hughes. Hughes plays with intensity, and some times crosses the line to stupidity, but he isnt an overtly dirty player that intentionally tries to injure guys.

For the record, lets hop in the time machine: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/140828-vontaze-burfict-defensive-game-changer/

He is a game changer in the sense that he will kill your team's chances with his hot head and constant Personal Fouls.