Ty Dunne/Tim Graham podcast - they swap Marrone stories

YoloinOhio

If you want a good listen sometime during a workout or commute or something - Ty Dunne and Tim Graham share stories about Doug Marrone. Bills and Cuse related. Really funny stuff about him calling meeting the day before games worried about tweets and media.

Other good stuff too about current Bills team re:ultimatums, etc.

Marrone stories start around 53:20.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/07/dunne-with-graham-doug-whaleys-extension-rex-ryans-defense/

Edited by YoloinOhio

If you want a good listen sometime during a workout or commute or something - Ty Dunne and Tim Graham share stories about Doug Marrone. Bills and Cuse related. Really funny stuff about him calling meeting the day before games worried about tweets and media.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/07/dunne-with-graham-doug-whaleys-extension-rex-ryans-defense/

1) how many BPM to that podcast? (beers per minute) Ty and Timmah not feeling any pain for sure towards the end. :beer: Well, that's fine, my cold weather beverage of choice hot buttered rum right now, but I'm a happy hopeful, let's just say that.

2) the background music sucked. made the thing quite unpleasant to listen to and more difficult than need be. raise the bar, gentlemen, please? I get the desire for brew and brat but maybe the restaurant has a quiet private room where they could stash ya?

3) I thought Tyler Dunne was tactful saying Vic has his source and trusts his source, this is two reporters hearing different things. But he did emphasize that he heard from multiple sources saying "no ultimatum" as well as multiple people who have worked for the Pegulas in various businesses saying that is the complete opposite of his management style. That's very significant if multiple people who've worked for him are saying that just isn't something he'd do vs. saying "I can believe that", probably more significant than a highly placed source saying "didn't happen" but who could be influenced by management to "spin" for PR

4) LOL Tim (I think) saying Doug Whaley does not deserve to be on a short leash, Rex Ryan deserves to be on a short leash and Tim blunt at the end saying that Rex Ryan had credibility to him at the beginning of the season and he lost it. Interesting that the guys who are in the building covering the Bills having the same reaction as many of us.

5) Graham's tweets and Marrone asking for a meeting the day before a game story was funny but sad at the same time (to both sides). Of more interest to me was Ty Dunne's story of editing the Syracuse student paper and being called on the carpet with Marrone and the SI Dean to discuss stories they were publishing about why ~20 players quit after Marrone took over and what was behind Mike Williams getting thrown off the team. Because wanting to spend some "down" time at the airport confronting a reporter is one thing, but jerking around your people as Dunne described....Marrone is a tool, no two ways.

Go Bills!

Edited by Hopeful

1) how many BPM to that podcast? (beers per minute) Ty and Timmah not feeling any pain for sure towards the end. :beer: Well, that's fine, my cold weather beverage of choice hot buttered rum right now, but I'm a happy hopeful, let's just say that.

2) the background music sucked. made the thing quite unpleasant to listen to and more difficult than need be. raise the bar, gentlemen, please? I get the desire for brew and brat but maybe the restaurant has a quiet private room where they could stash ya?

3) I thought Tyler Dunne was tactful saying Vic has his source and trusts his source, this is two reporters hearing different things. But he did emphasize that he heard from multiple sources saying "no ultimatum" as well as multiple people who have worked for the Pegulas in various businesses saying that is the complete opposite of his management style. That's very significant if multiple people who've worked for him are saying that just isn't something he'd do vs. saying "I can believe that", probably more significant than a highly placed source saying "didn't happen" but who could be influenced by management to "spin" for PR

4) LOL Tim (I think) saying Doug Whaley does not deserve to be on a short leash, Rex Ryan deserves to be on a short leash and Tim blunt at the end saying that Rex Ryan had credibility to him at the beginning of the season and he lost it. Interesting that the guys who are in the building covering the Bills having the same reaction as many of us.

5) Graham's tweets and Marrone asking for a meeting the day before a game story was funny but sad at the same time (to both sides). Of more interest to me was Ty Dunne's story of editing the Syracuse student paper and being called on the carpet with Marrone and the SI Dean to discuss stories they were publishing about why ~20 players quit after Marrone took over and what was behind Mike Williams getting thrown off the team. Because wanting to spend some "down" time at the airport confronting a reporter is one thing, but jerking around your people as Dunne described....Marrone is a tool, no two ways.

Go Bills!

good synopsis. I forgot to mention they were drinking at a bar. "Hey want another beer? Sure!" It appears they do this podcast every week, though this is the first time I've listened. There is one with Carucci and Skurski that is pretty decent but that's not at a bar with music in the background. Only in buffalo.

The funniest part of the arranged airport meeting about the tweets was when Scott Berchtold left the room and Marrone removed his suit jacket, put in a dip, and said "aw man I didn't even want to do this !@#$ing thing" and then proceeded to rain f-bombs.

Yet Marrone had done that very thing at Cuse (Brent Axe tweeted later) and Graham said of all his years covering the Bills he had never seen Berchtold arrange a meeting with a coach to confront a media member.

Edited by YoloinOhio

good synopsis. I forgot to mention they were drinking at a bar. "Hey want another beer? Sure!" It appears they do this podcast every week, though this is the first time I've listened. There is one with Carucci and Skurski that is pretty decent but that's not at a bar with music in the background. Only in buffalo.

The funniest part of the arranged airport meeting about the tweets was when Scott Berchtold left the room and Marrone removed his suit jacket, put in a dip, and said "aw man I didn't even want to do this !@#$ing thing" and then proceeded to rain f-bombs.

Yet Marrone had done that very thing at Cuse (Brent Axe tweeted later) and Graham said of all his years covering the Bills he had never seen Berchtold arrange a meeting with a coach to confront a media member.

Ty Dunne had a similar story in that very podcast - two planned stories about why 20 players quit the team and how Mike Williams got thrown off the team, and he (as editor) and his sports editor get called into a meeting with the Dean of Sports Information (I think it was) and Marrone about the stories. LOL, I'm sure that meeting was instigated by the Dean

I still think Timmah is a tool on Twitter, though he writes good feature stories I enjoy. Pot chatting up kettle claiming Marrone does stuff "for effect".

Did you catch the Cleveland story that 3/5 of the OL might quit if Marrone hired?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/01/cleveland_browns_interview_dou.html

Edited by Hopeful

Ty Dunne had a similar story in that very podcast - two planned stories about why 20 players quit the team and how Mike Williams got thrown off the team, and he (as editor) and his sports editor get called into a meeting with the Dean of Sports Information (I think it was) and Marrone about the stories. LOL, I'm sure that meeting was instigated by the Dean

I still think Timmah is a tool on Twitter, though he writes good feature stories I enjoy. Pot chatting up kettle claiming Marrone does stuff "for effect".

Did you catch the Cleveland story that 3/5 of the OL might quit if Marrone hired?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/01/cleveland_browns_interview_dou.html

the funniest part was that Marrone confronted Tim for saying he says things "for effect" but then Tim said he had to explain to him what "for effect" meant because he didn't know Edited by YoloinOhio

<<<<<<<<< this guy?

I wouldn't feel bad. Do you remember the game in Miami this year. Tanny had been knocked down so much, his uniform was so grass-stained it looked like he played for the Jets! That's what I want to see from the Bills' D on a weekly basis. AND if it can come at the expense of Saint Douggie, even better!