ESPN: How Ryan Fitzpatrick blew his one shot at Greatness

YoloinOhio

How Ryan Fitzpatrick, career journeyman, blew his one shot at greatness.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14496142

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Ryan Fitzpatrick was hurting like never before, because this was going to be his season, his one and only. It was written all over him in a painful postgame interview, an NFL ritual that was especially cruel to the quarterback of the New York Jets, a nice guy who just blew his big chance in a spectacular way.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to start a thread this week about how wrong I was when I stated years ago that Fitz would NEVER lead a team to the playoffs.

However, once again, when the tough got going, the same old Pickspatrick showed up.

I'm really glad I didn't start that thread.

Good read and I feel bad for Fitz. Loved him and wanted to see him succeed- just not at our expense. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets QB competition is an open one heading into next season. They just can't run in place with a QB like Fitz. Everything broke there way this season, yet they still weren't good enough. It will remain the same if they continue to rise Fitz. Although it hasn't been great for us, I'm glad we cut bait and tried to find something better.

How Ryan Fitzpatrick, career journeyman, blew his one shot at greatness.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14496142

I know these guys are just after the story, but IMO that is just mean reporting.

I mean, be real, if Fitz made the playoffs and they got wiped out in the 1st round they wouldn't be talking about his "greatness" so how did he blow his 1 shot at it here?

His WR's lost the game. They would have been up by a TD if they could have caught the ball.

Is this serious or sarcasm, I honestly can't tell

Fitz could hv easily had 4 or even 5 picks today if the Bills DBs could catch the ball. The drop on what would hv been pick 6 by Graham in the first quarter was literally right to him.

Fitz can't play in the wind and will more often than not turn the ball over at the crucial part of the game.

Edited by Max997

Really the entire game came down to one play: Mario Butler blowing up Kenbrell Thompkins with 17 sec. to go. He doesn't knock the ball out of his arms, Jets win. FItz is a hero.

And if the queen had a set of nuts she'd be the king.

And if the queen had a set of nuts she'd be the king.

Just saying, in football as in life, one play changes everything.

And really, who cares about INT #3? The game was over by then. The first two screwed the pooch, but they still came within one catch of winning.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Is this serious or sarcasm, I honestly can't tell

Fitz could hv easily had 4 or even 5 picks today if the Bills DBs could catch the ball. The drop on what would hv been pick 6 by Graham in the first quarter was literally right to him.

Fitz can't play in the wind and will more often than not turn the ball over at the crucial part of the game.

Corey Graham dropped a sure pick six on the 1st or 2nd series.

What isn't being talked about more is Chan getting pass happy and not relying more on the run in difficult conditions (37 PA vs. 17 RA). Chan gave Fitz the ball from the get-go to win this game and I'm not sure he ever should have.

I could think of about 20 better headlines for this piece of trash article. Way to pour salt in the wound Ian O'Connor you Hack. Kudos to Fitz for taking the blame.

Agreed. He did lead the team off the bench to

10-6.

Edited by jmc12290

What isn't being talked about more is Chan getting pass happy and not relying more on the run in difficult conditions (37 PA vs. 17 RA). Chan gave Fitz the ball from the get-go to win this game and I'm not sure he ever should have.

A big part of that was falling behind early, and for whatever reason deciding that Ridley (not Ivory) should get the bulk of the carries. Chan always did have a tendency to overthink things ...