2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

Honestly I would love to get a LB in the first, and maybe even another in the 2nd. With this DL class, I think you can get a starter--or at least an immediate contributor--in the 3rd

I keep hearing that strategy but I don't like it. Even if it's deep I want the best one, you never know. I might go 2 DL to start if the draft falls that way

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What LBs would you have in mind at 19 and 49? Spence, Lee, Ragland?

Not a Ragland guy, but yes to the other two at 19

At 49, I'd like Fackrell or the Correa kid from Boise State

I keep hearing that strategy but I don't like it. Even if it's deep I want the best one, you never know. I might go 2 DL to start if the draft falls that way

I wouldn't have an issue with DL at 19. I do think they need to find a starting LB in one of the top 2 rounds though Edited by thebandit27

@TheJoeMarino

Boise State EDGE Kamalei Correa with a 4.70/1.63. Fun player on tape. Great 10-yard split. Get him on your 1st round radar.

@LedyardNFLDraft

I think Correa looks good dropping. His tape isn't dominant, but if his hand usage continues to improve, think he can be really solid.

Exactly. The Bills rarely follow this approach, however.

They're going to take the highest guy on their board and they should do just that IMO.

They're going to take the highest guy on their board and they should do just that IMO.

Disagree. Billions of dollars have been made on Wall Street thinking the opposite. You have scarce resources. If you can get a quality d-lineman later in the draft, i.e., with a less expensive asset, it's a smarter allocation of your scarce resources.

Disagree. Billions of dollars have been made on Wall Street thinking the opposite. You have scarce resources. If you can get a quality d-lineman later in the draft, i.e., with a less expensive asset, it's a smarter allocation of your scarce resources.

They're not going to take a lower graded guy just because of depth at a particular position in this year's draft. This isn't finance...it's football. Wrong approach IMO.

@LedyardNFLDraft

They're not going to take a lower graded guy just because of depth at a particular position in this year's draft. This isn't finance...it's football. Wrong approach IMO.

@LedyardNFLDraft

Agreed 100% Take the best player you can every round

@LedyardNFLDraft

Have you read Moneyball? Football is exactly where you should be using finance concepts, because the salary cap and limited talent pool cause scarce resources.

If you need a LB and a DL, and there are 20 good DL and 5 good LBs, by almost any rational measure you take the LB first and the DL second. That way you can get a good LB and a good DL. Doing the reverse will most likely get you a weak LB.

Have you read Moneyball? Football is exactly where you should be using finance concepts, because the salary cap and limited talent pool cause scarce resources.

If you need a LB and a DL, and there are 20 good DL and 5 good LBs, by almost any rational measure you take the LB first and the DL second. That way you can get a good LB and a good DL. Doing the reverse will most likely get you a weak LB.

Problem is there might be a couple of those 20 that become truly special

If there are 18 players in the draft with actual 1st round grades as the experts are saying and the Bills have the opportunity to get one of them, they better take the guy. End of story.

@nflnetwork

Top D-Line Official 40s: Charles Tapper, 4.59 Emmanuel Ogbah, 4.63 Kamalei Correa, 4.69 Shaq Lawson, 4.70 Matthew Judon, 4.73 #NFLCombine

@NFL_CFB

Top 3-cone drills for DLs at #NFLCombine: GOLD: James Cowser, 6.80 SILVER: Joey Bosa, 6.89 BRONZE: Shilique Calhoun, 6.97

@JoshNorris

Josh Norris Retweeted CollegeFootball 24/7

Bosa's 6.89 puts him in the top 11 of DL since 2006

@TyDunne

So @Takeflightchuck promised to open eyes in Indy and he wasn't kidding. Oklahoma DE ran a 4.59 and had 34-inch vert. #Bills met with him.

Told Tapper he'd need to drop in coverage with Bills: "I would love to drop into coverage. I’d love to show people how athletic I am."

Ole Miss DE Robert Nkemdiche is a #Bills option at 19. One scout told @BobMcGinn "Holy (expletive), buyer beware on this one."

Though top-rated prospect Joey Bosa called his 4.86-second time in the 40-yard dash disappointing, the highly regarded defensive line group as a whole certainly lived up to its billing Saturday, with stars like Oklahoma State's Emmanuel Ogbah and Mississippi's Robert Nkemdiche wowing and small schoolers Robert Blair (Appalachian State), Matt Judon (Grand Valley State) and Javon Hargrave (South Carolina State) boosting their cause, as well.

@PFF_Steve

Nkemdiche, Spence dropping in eyes of evaluators
NFL Network's Kimberly Jones reports on the status of a slew of pass rushing prospects, including how a pair of top pass rushers failed to impress evaluators with their combine performances.