Pegulas announce Rex and Whaley will return in 2016

YoloinOhio

It's what he's being blamed FOR with which I most often take issue.

What? He's the President and Managing Partner of the Buffalo Bills.

He is responsible for the success of the Bills. They have not been successful. How do you have a problem with that?

Stockholm syndrome is right, you're a lost cause man.

Edited by fridge

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is responsible for the success of the Bills. They have not been successful. How do you have a problem with that?

What bad decisions or moves has Russ made that has caused the Bills to not be successful? Be specific.

When people like you start posting pictures of him in the draft room and go ranting about how he's CALLING TEAMS and has all this influence over personnel, and act like he's running football operations, it's completely misplaced criticism.

How hard is this to comprehend?

Lost cause? No. It's called applied logic, and it results from a lack of compulsion to find one person to blame for 16 years of failure.

As I said at the beginning: different regimes failed based on different mechanics. At the root of it all, however, is the lack of a franchise QB.

Go ahead and explain how that's Russ's fault.

Or don't, since the response won't make sense and adds no context to the discussion.

What bad decisions or moves has Russ made that has caused the Bills to not be successful? Be specific.

Don't hold your breath

I love that the poster with the biggest propensity for one sentence posts tells me to be specific.

I know one thing he did that I'm sure you didn't like... He interviewed and approved the hiring of Chan Gailey :)

When people like you start posting pictures of him in the draft room and go ranting about how he's CALLING TEAMS and has all this influence over personnel, and act like he's running football operations, it's completely misplaced criticism.

How hard is this to comprehend?

Lost cause? No. It's called applied logic, and it results from a lack of compulsion to find one person to blame for 16 years of failure.

As I said at the beginning: different regimes failed based on different mechanics. At the root of it all, however, is the lack of a franchise QB.

Go ahead and explain how that's Russ's fault.

Or don't, since the response won't make sense and adds no context to the discussion.

Don't hold your breath

What do you think is Russ Brandon's role with team?

I'll just name 2 recent ones that are pretty straight-forward:

1. He owns anything and everything to do with his boy Doug Marrone.

2. He owns anything and everything to do with placing DW in the GM position, I can't put any of that on Ralph.

I love that the poster with the biggest propensity for one sentence posts tells me to be specific.

I know one thing he did that I'm sure you didn't like... He interviewed and approved the hiring of Chan Gailey :)

Really? Russ hired Gailey?

A very reliable poster on this site, Nevergiveup, specifically said that it was Nix.

As to Brandon, he manages the business side. Whaley is GM & head of football operations.

Let me throw this right back at you: what do YOU think he's responsible for?

2. He owns anything and everything to do with placing DW in the GM position, I can't put any of that on Ralph.

The 2nd is true for certain

The 1st, well, he definitely recommended Marrone to Nix and Whaley, but more than one person indicated that Buddy had the final call on Marrone, and that even though Russ wanted him, he wouldn't have vetoed Nix if he wanted someone else. Doesn't mean that Buddy didn't kowtow to Russ though

1. Best HC in a decade. so purty good.

2. DW was hired back in 2010 as Buddy's heir apparent. I don't see anything indicating that RB hired him in 2010.

Which was ultimately Buddy's decision, not Russ's. First you don't want him making football decisions, but he gets flak for not making an executive football decision here and overruling his GM? Makes sense lol.

Edited by FireChan

A very reliable poster on this site, Nevergiveup, specifically said that it was Nix.

As to Brandon, he manages the business side. Whaley is GM & head of football operations.

The 1st, well, he definitely recommended Marrone to Nix and Whaley, but more than one person indicated that Buddy had the final call on Marrone, and that even though Russ wanted him, he wouldn't have vetoed Nix if he wanted someone else. Doesn't mean that Buddy didn't kowtow to Russ though

I think this is where the problem lies. Where did I say he hired Gailey? You think of Gailey as Nix's fault, but that blame ends there.

That's not inaccurate...but:

1. Brandon hired Nix

2. Nix reported to Brandon

3. Nix recommended and interviewed Gailey

4. Brandon approved the hire

I find it hard to believe that the person you say is responsible for business decisions did not vet and approve of the face of the franchise, the head coach, arguably one of the most important business decisions.

I think this is where the problem lies. Where did I say he hired Gailey? You think of Gailey as Nix's fault, but that blame ends there.

1. Brandon hired Nix

I find it hard to believe that the person you say is responsible for business decisions did not vet and approve of the face of the franchise, the head coach, arguably one of the most important business decisions.

Ralph wanted Nix brought back into the fold.

Remember, Brandon didn't have autonomy to hire a GM until 2013. Nix was promoted to GM in 2010.

Nix wanted to hire shanahan or cowher; couldn't get either. Cowher recommended Gailey (his former OC), and Nix hired him.

Anything outside of the above is revisionist unless I've missed something quite revealing along the way.

1. Brandon hired Nix

You don't want him involved in football decisions, but believe he should overrule his GM on the football coach he wants. Jeebus.

Ralph wanted Nix brought back into the fold.

I specifically recall Ralph wanting someone he could relate to. That's why Nix was made GM.

How soon we forget that Brandon's reached out to Chip Kelly first. Marrone was hired quickly because, supposedly, he was a hot name.

I specifically recall Ralph wanting someone he could relate to. That's why Nix was made GM.

How soon we forget that Brandon's reached out to Chip Kelly first. Marrone was hired quickly because, supposedly, he was a hot name.

More specifically, Nix was someone Ralph trusted.

Not as bad as the "Russ Brandon's the one holding us back" conspiracy theorists.

I don't understand the Russ Brandon haters. He's not in football operations. Sure he is team president --- but he's not making the call on firing or keeping Ryan/Whaley. TP is making that decision of his own free will.

I think the Brandon haters suffer from high levels of radon.

Ohhh I don't know, maybe selling a home game to another city for profit for 5 years?

I already know what the short-sighted reply is to that. "One game wasn't going to make a difference for those teams." Yeah, right.

I changed my mind, the Stockholm Syndrome for a level 5 Scientologist has nothing on a member of the Church of Brandon. He's the Teflon President. Seven years as CEO/President and he can't be held accountable for anything that happens to the team? Maybe he is a genius.

Ahh well, Happy New Year.

Since you already know the outcome, what are you going to do instead of wasting your time during football season?

Good question. Prolly house repair. If I'm wrong, I'll take my crow well done. I just don't think Wrecks can coach.

You must be a hit at parties

CBF

I'm on record. If I'm wrong, I'll take the heat.

Good question. Prolly house repair. If I'm wrong, I'll take my crow well done. I just don't think Wrecks can coach.

I'm willing to see if they can make the necessary adjustments to the scheme and personnel to see if they can make things work because historically Ryan's defenses have been very good. We'll see.