Week 17: Jets' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

If the weather is lousy - this game can sway either way. It'll play to each teams strength - us running, and them stopping the run. Could be interesting to watch at least.

Also covers up our biggest weakness in defending downfield passes. But stops our big plays on offense and stacks the box.

Could be a messy one. Hopefully if we can get a lead, roman just puts his foot on the gas and keeps at em. We have let leads slip away all year long trying to get cute.

or because of a really bad defense

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salas has assumed Robert Woods' role as the blocking WR, so I'll guess Hankerson. dunno.gif

I'm going to guess Taylor goes 10-15 with 8 to Sammy and two to the running backs. The battle of Salas vs. Hankerson will end in a 0-0 tie.

@AKinkhabwala

Mike Tomlin on getting Rex Ryan and the Bills' aid: "Certainly Rex is a guy I consider a friend... But I won't be calling him this week."

@SalSports

With Bills/Jets still Sunday at 1pm on CBS, it'll be Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts, and Evan Washburn (sidelines) calling the finale.

Yay! I thought for sure we'd get one more game of Spiro and Wilcotts.

I believe that's now 18 players on IR. Damn!

Just curious. Will people be pissed if we win or pissed if we lose? Frankly I can't see how we win with a team right out of The Replacements.

i am gathering a lot of the board is hoping for a loss and are rooting for the Jets. I must be a different breed of fan. I just don't get it. It hurts to read. Do these people watch the game and as Taylor drops back and launches one to Sammy, actually hope that he doesn't catch it? That Revis picks it off? That Fitz throws a bunch of TDs back at the Ralph? Why? Wtf? Why not support your team? Why do people want misery? I just don't get it, never will. Edited by YoloinOhio

i am gathering a lot of the board is hoping for a loss and are rooting for the Jets. I must be a different breed of fan. I just don't get it. It hurts to read. Do these people watch the game and as Taylor drops back and launches one to Sammy, actually hope that he doesn't catch it? That Revis picks it off? That Fitz throws a bunch of TDs back at the Ralph? Why? Wtf? Why not support your team? Why do people want misery? I just don't get it, never will.

A lot of self-loathing here.

@buffalobills

"I'm excited more than you know. I know our guys are going to prepare well. Big challenge in front of us." #NYJvsBUF

CXfCUoxWwAECKMM.jpg
@SalSports

Rex: "Obviously a big challenge in front of us this week. The Jets are playing at a very high level."

Rex: Jets Bilal Powell playing very well for them. Big difference-maker over last several weeks. Also playing more 4-wides lately.

On if coaches should be GMs: "I know I wouldn't want to have that responsibility."

Rex on Todd Bowles: Agrees he should be "right up there" for coach of the year. Mentions Ron Rivera, as well.

DBs Merrill Noel and Sammy Seamster will be promoted to the 53 man roster.

Shady won't practice today. "We will see" if he plays Sunday - Rex.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: We all know how it looks right now for McCoy. It probably doesn't look real good.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan on what he learned about himself: The biggest thing, I wish I wouldn't say some stupid things like I did.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: My heart was in the right place. I honestly, 100% believed we would be in the playoffs.

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - Hoping Darby can return this week from groin injury. Bring him along steadily this week. Wait and see. #Bills

Rex- I'm excited for what future holds for this team, but focused about this game this week right now. #Bills

@viccarucci

Rex on changing his approach: "Probably so, because u look at the impact your words have."

Rex on boasting: "As bad as I truly believe it, maybe it's not the smartest thing to do."

Reporter: "Don't tell us you're going to turn into Bill Belichick?" Rex: "It's onto the Jets, what can I tell you."

@buffalobills

The Bills have promoted two CBs from the practice squad to the active roster: http://bufbills.co/6ivykt

CXfOIBVWEAAkYOJ.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Non-participants at practice. John Miller, LeSean McCoy and Bacarri Rambo. Darby working. #Bills

@SalSports

The Bills announced that the team has signed TE Manasseh Garner and S Phillip Thomas to the team’s practice squad

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: From today's @TheBuffaloNews, RB Mike Gillislee a welcome surprise for #Bills http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/30/once-a-top-10-running-back-recruit-mike-gillislee-is-drawing-attention/

BN Blitz: #Bills snap counts from Week 16 and the season to date are updated here http://bills.buffalonews.com/stats/snap-counts/

@buffalobills

On # of runs in-game: "A couple of weeks ago y'all said I didn't run enough. I'll do whatever it takes to win."

CXfpWlUUoAA8Al1.jpg

@TyDunne

Tyrod Taylor was limited a practice with a right shoulder injury.

@JoeBuscaglia

Tyrod Taylor said he took every rep at practice today, and has no doubt that he'll play on Sunday. Listed as limited today #Bills

Week 17 Pregame Promotions

Check out the pregame promotions for Week 17:

clubbuffalobills.png?w=376

ADPRO SPORTS TRAINING CENTER FIELDHOUSE

This season, the ADPRO Sports Training Center Fieldhouse has been reimagined and rebranded to serve as a youth and family-oriented area called Club Buffalo Bills. With new elements and a reimagined footprint, the space will be the gameday interactive destination for kids and families.

Learn more >

Jets Marshall: playoffs will be dream come true
Jets WR Brandon Marshall has had a monster season with over 100 receptions and 13 touchdowns, but in his 10 NFL seasons he has never made it to the playoffs. Marshall, who appeared on Inside the NFL this week, said if they can get a win over Buffalo to qualify for the postseason it would be the realization of a dream he’s held his entire career.