what was the Biggest turning pt of season

HelpusAll

Come on man, that was 15 years ago. A lot has changed since then....

Doesn't change the fact for the second time in 15 years they changed defensive schemes when the one in place was very successful, what has changed? 15 years later were out of the playoffs and going into the off season looking to retool the defense to fit the new scheme, not to mention 5 DCs in 5 years, new owner same dysfunction.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea it was that Jacksonville drive. That was the killer. If we had won that and gone to the bye 4-3 and come back with back to back wins over Miami and Jets the confidence would have been rolling the team would have been 6-3 and rather than quitting like some guys did (yes Mario I am looking at you) they'd have said "ok I see where this is going" and bought in a bit.

Um, no. In Greggggg's last year, 2003, the Bills were #5 in team defense (#2 passing, #8 rushing). If you're looking to hang your hat on the fact that Ryan can turn this around next year, Williams is a bad example. He actually shows that it may take Ryan years to get it right. In 2001, the Bills finished #29 in total D, 2002, #27 in total D. Do we have two more years to wait for Ryan to retool?

+1 great coaches scheme around personnel, they don't marry themselves to a scheme and piss a season away forcing it on them. Bill B and Tom B exposed Rex's defense in week 2 Ely Manning repeated the performance, and Rex's answer was to drop D lineman into coverage with a nonexistent pass rush that allowed mediocre passers to have career days against him. Play has been sloppy and undisciplined all year, but he's a players coach they would run through a wall for him provided it was constructed with crepe paper. Peggs cut your losses while you still have a roster.....

The day Rex was hired and we pushed out a D coordinator that had the D performing at the highest levels. All we needed to do was fix the offense and keep the D performing at the same levels and we were in the playoffs. You don't "fix" what isn't broken.

Not picking on you. But we did NOT push out a DC. He LEFT. Abandoned. Cried like a little beyotch because he didnt get the HC. They were willing to keep him aboard. He chose door number 2. Had he decided to stay. WITH THIS HEAT Thurmans a** is grass and Rex would be begging him to show him how to run the D to keep his job. There is no way with those 2 putting egos aside and putting great minds together we couldnt reign supreme.

As far as game or plays, i would say the Jax game, but to me the cutting of Fred Jackson was huge. It didn't matter if he has 15 carries for 65 yds all season long, what he brought to the table in his leadership skills alone should have earned him a spot on this roster. There was a huge leadership void in that locker room as noted by Boobie and others this wk.

The continuous parade of injuries, and it isn't close. Once our playmakers started going down on offense, it was a different team. Taylor going down was the biggest turning point as we more than likely win both those games with him.

Good question for getting lots of viewpoints. I'd say the biggest turning point was about......week 4. I feel that by that time, any coach worth a _ _ _ _ would have recognized that his defense is having difficulty figuring out his schemes. I mean great difficulty. Rex should have tweeked the schemes, implemented some plays that were tailored to the 2014 style of play (schemes that clearly showed the D personnel thrived in). Then during the by-week, put in several more 2014 plays & told the guys for the rest of the season to go after it!!

I think by this time in the season (wk 17), the Bills would have had several more W's and would be ready to tear the Jet's hearts out & eaten it right there in front of them.

Nevertheless, Go Bills this Sunday!