Firing Rex could save Marcel Dareus Career

A few days ago I came across an article bout Albert Haynesworth and how he wished he never left Tennessee to go Washington. He stated it was the scheme change that ruined his career. Albert went from Jim Schwartz 4-3 to a 2 gap 3-4 scheme sound familiar? Schwartz scheme is tailored specifically for DTs. He helped get career yrs out of very talented players like Albert ,Suh & Marcel.

The Bills front office got to start thinking about that 100 million deal they gave Marcel instead of the 20 that's left on Rex deal. It's time to admit we made a mistake and make the logical move by bringing back Schwartz. I think they can get him for modest price bout 3 mil per yr so it can soften the blow of Rex big deal.

Schwartz is looking to get back to head coaching and I really don't think he's gonna get any offers other then Buffalo. He'll come cheap and with certain restrictions like not being able to pick his offensive coaches. We should keep the whole offensive staff in place to keep continuity on that side of the ball. This is perfect timing because Detroit is about to can there Coaches and that will allow Teryll Austin to jump ship with his mentor Jim Schwartz. Wide9 reunited... This move is imperative to us getting back on track. I believe Schwartz learned from his past mistakes in Detroit and will run a tight ship this time especially since he sees what just happened here with Rex lack of professionalism and focus.

Bringing back Schwartz allows us to

#1-Stop the bickering and confusion on and off the field.

#2- Bring back the Cold Front DLine. Which will be centered on Marcel & Company going back to there natural positions and protecting our investments.

#3- Move Preston Brown back to where he flourished as a will Lber.

#4- Move Corey Graham back to Corner given us an elite set of cb's in the NFL Gilmore, Darby,Graham & Robey.

#5- Last but not least the Fans will be back in full force. Fans will renew there season tixs just so they can see this Defense get back to where it belongs as a dominating force in the NFL.

Bow happy holidays fellas

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the 20 mil we can lose by firing Rex but if we keep Marcel at NT u will be losing a lot more

Adding back Schwartz and Dc and lber coach will cost us no more then a extra 5-6 mil per season . That's nothing for Pegs

i think they will sign a true NT and play Dareus next to him with Kyle and Hughes, draft a pass rusher to replace Mario. The NT would free up Dareus quite a bit, he had a good season doing what he was asked but they were in transition, next year should be better suited to the scheme so he can be in pursuit more. Edited by YoloinOhio

Rex signed a 5 year, $27.5 million contract. Pegula is rich, but he can't eat that.

He's not getting fired. Bring back Schwartz tho..?

If I were Schwartz, NFW would I go to work for Rex as his DC. I'd be concerned he wouldn't keep his fingers out of my game plan or truly accept an independent and conflicting philosophy. It sounds like a path to get Haleyized a la Chan Gailey.

I don't know much about Wrex's contract, but I don't see why they can't bring in a new DC (who they "secretly" are positioning to take over for Wrex), and just insist that Wrex handles limited Head Coach duties. Wrex has too much on his plate. He should be working on things like getting communications more efficient, and player discipline, if he is no good at those tell him to "take a new interest in Special Teams".

Edited by HoF Watkins

A few days ago I came across an article bout Albert Haynesworth and how he wished he never left Tennessee to go Washington. He stated it was the scheme change that ruined his career. Albert went from Jim Schwartz 4-3 to a 2 gap 3-4 scheme sound familiar? Schwartz scheme is tailored specifically for DTs. He helped get career yrs out of very talented players like Albert ,Suh & Marcel.

I remember reading that article when we hired Schwartz and everyone thought that his Wide 9 system would ruin the Bills and he would be Wanny 2.0.

Funny the difference a couple years make...

IMO, he's not coming back in any capacity, though I would welcome him as DC - maybe Pegs has the $$ to make it happen. That said, he was not impressive as a HC, I'm surprised so many would want to see him in that role.

I remember reading that article when we hired Schwartz and everyone thought that his Wide 9 system would ruin the Bills and he would be Wanny 2.0.

Funny the difference a couple years make...

IMO, he's not coming back in any capacity, though I would welcome him as DC - maybe Pegs has the $$ to make it happen. That said, he was not impressive as a HC, I'm surprised so many would want to see him in that role.

we are also glorifying the !@#$ out of him. he rises higher and higher on the pedestal day by day

Rex has been figured out his complicated defense's are to slow for today's fast paced game. He's got to go now before it gets worse

Hiring Schwartz back would be easier then blowing up this D. Bringing the Schwartz back would be an easy transition if it comes with keeping everything else intact like the Offense. He can fire Special teams coach but that's not much of a transition

Rex signed a 5 year, $27.5 million contract. Pegula is rich, but he can't eat that.

He's not getting fired. Bring back Schwartz tho..?

He can eat it if he wants. He ate $4MM on Marrone. That's off the books now. He took a beating get out from under a bunch of bad free agent deals with the Sabres. The thing about Pegula is he isn't afraid to admit a mistake and start fresh. Rex is not safe IMO.