New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

As I've said about a billion times before: people are inherently evil. "goodness" is an aberration, and every single person on this earth is selfish in one way or another.

On that I'll forever disagree :beer:

People are born into duality. Everyone has light and darkness inside them, which one manifests comes down to individual choices. If people were inherently evil, we'd never see people running towards burning cars to help strangers on the freeway (for example). I'm clearly more of an optimist, but I think the number of "good" people in the world far outweighs the "evil".

Everyone is selfish, sure. I'd agree with that. That's why I say my goal is to be at least 51% selfless. That still allows you to be selfish 49% of the time, but if everyone were 51% selfless the world would be a very different, and better, place.

Nathan Bedford Forrest is definitely an !@#$ whose monuments need to be taken down...but c'mon, people. Vigilante grave desecration? What the !@#$?

Two polls came out regarding America's approval for Trump's response to Charlottesville. The media is just awful so I'm always interested in national polls as the media was surprised when a poll showed that a majority of Americans approved Trump's immigration proposal. http://www.dailywire.com/news/19853/polls-how-do-americans-feel-about-trumps-james-barrett

CBS Poll on Trump's response to Charlottesvllle (conducted August 14-16)

34% approve, 55% disapprove, 11% undecided (67% Republicans approve, 32% Independents, 10% Democrats).

More people disapproved after Trump's press conference on the 15th.

DHbiRLlUwAEC0yN.jpg

PBSNewsReport/NPR/Marist poll on Trump's response (conducted August 14-15)

27% approve, 52% disapprove, 21% undecided (59% Republicans approved, 30% Independents, 10% Democrats)

Same poll asked about whether Confederate Statues should be removed and these results were somewhat surprising to me given the media narrative.

62% believed "Confederate statues should remain as historical figures" Republicans twice as likely to say they should remain compared to Democrats.

44% of African Americans believe the statues should stay while 40% say they should not.

Edited by Doc Brown

44% of African Americans believe the statues should stay while 40% say they should not.

Racists !..............errr wait a minute......... non-woke uncle toms !.................there we go.

Two polls came out regarding America's approval for Trump's response to Charlottesville. The media is just awful so I'm always interested in national polls as the media was surprised when a poll showed that a majority of Americans approved Trump's immigration proposal. http://www.dailywire.com/news/19853/polls-how-do-americans-feel-about-trumps-james-barrett

CBS Poll on Trump's response to Charlottesvllle (conducted August 14-16)

34% approve, 55% disapprove, 11% undecided (67% Republicans approve, 32% Independents, 10% Democrats).

More people disapproved after Trump's press conference on the 15th.

DHbiRLlUwAEC0yN.jpg

27% approve, 52% disapprove, 21% undecided (59% Republicans approved, 30% Independents, 10% Democrats)

Same poll asked about whether Confederate Statues should be removed and these results were somewhat surprising to me given the media narrative.

62% believed "Confederate statues should remain as historical figures" Republicans twice as likely to say they should remain compared to Democrats.

National polls really don't matter here. This is a local issue. What do the people where the money unmentioned are think?

And, the Republicans had a primary in Virginia and lost with the guy running as his platform to save the Confederate's monuments.

National polls really don't matter here. This is a local issue. What do the people where the money unmentioned are think?

And, the Republicans had a primary in Virginia and lost with the guy running as his platform to save the Confederate's monuments.

What? The national polls of Trump's response absolutely matter. As far as the monuments, the state polls would be more indicative, but national sentiment also matters.

Nathan Bedford Forrest is definitely an !@#$ whose monuments need to be taken down...but c'mon, people. Vigilante grave desecration? What the !@#$?

Later in life Forrest denounced the KKK, but if we're going to be digging up graves one would think that Robert Byrd should be on that list.