Tyrod Taylor and the Heroic Run to 7-9

UBBullsfan

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill just say this. The Minute TT starts seeing the short middle part of the field, he will improve and gain confidence. Shady was always blocking and sliding 5 yards down the middle of the field by himself and TT would never look his way.

The one time he did look, he actually had two open receivers and he threw to the wrong one: Felton.

I like him, just develop those screens and short middle passes and we will win more games.

No need for that stupid deep pass on 3rd and 3. The 5 yards up the middle was there all the time.

Is it him or Roman?

christ

Nobody is saying that there is not

Nova,

In all serious do you REALLY think TT is afraid to do anything on that field?

This is a guy that gets out and blocks for the running back on designed runs....knowing full well that he is putting himself in a position to get destroyed by a 250 pound heatseaking missile linebacker

IMO this is by design....he is being TOLD not to run all the time and work on his skills throwing from within the pocket. If he is being coached to do it then is the fault Tyrods? We dont know.

A bit of an over reaction there John from Hemet. Was it I that implied that he was worried about his knee? No, I was not. I was responding to a post.

Why would TT be told not to run? Wasn't his ability to scramble one of the reasons he was chosen as the starter? If the answer is yes, then he should utilize those talents.

Again if any person on the field feels that they are "in position to get destroyed by a 250 pound heatseaking missile linebacker" then they are in the wrong business. That doubt will equal failure.

In his first year starting.....once again folks FIRST YEAR STARTER

Is it wrong for us to expect better of any player on the field who has been a professional for 5 years?

A bit of an over reaction there John from Hemet. Was it I that implied that he was worried about his knee? No, I was not. I was responding to a post.

Why would TT be told not to run? Wasn't his ability to scramble one of the reasons he was chosen as the starter? If the answer is yes, then he should utilize those talents.

Again if any person on the field feels that they are "in position to get destroyed by a 250 pound heatseaking missile linebacker" then they are in the wrong business. That doubt will equal failure.

Is it wrong for us to expect better of any player on the field who has been a professional for 5 years?

He hasn't played for 5 years. That makes a huge difference, and to pretend it doesn't is disingenuous.

Okay. So Tyrod only gets a 5 game leash? Or does he still get to play next week?

Who thinks Tyrod is the answer?

Maybe you dont. But do you know how many people are like give this man his multi year 20 per contract. Stuff like that makes him hard to like. Its not his fault. But when talking that kind of money. Little flaws become huge flaws. I just wish people would shut up and let him develop. Edited by Agent 91

Tyrod's major issue is decision making at key points in the game. How many deep passes is he going to throw on 3rd and 3? Get the first down and keep the drive alive! He will be better will this year's experience. I have been frustrated by him at times but I hope he gets the chance to build on this year. This team needs some continuity.

After the Chiefs loss the plan was to go hyper-aggressive with the decision making. If it panned out, great. If not, it wasn't for lack of trying. I agree that sustaining those drives would have been better, and there were 2 or 3 that seemed like easy pickups with his legs, but the plan was to throw it down the field if someone was even kind of open.

Maybe you dont. But do you know how many people are like give this man his multi year 20 per contract. Stuff like that makes him hard to like. Its not his fault. But when talking that kind of money. Little flaws become huge flaws. I just wish people would shut up and let him develop.

Not many.

He hasn't even taken a contract. Are you seriously criticizing him in the framework of a hypothetical contract that hasn't even been mentioned by OBD yet?

He hasn't played for 5 years. That makes a huge difference, and to pretend it doesn't is disingenuous.

So we must ignore the 4 years of learning from the bench? Isn't that being disingenuous? He's not a rookie, and he's learned while on a SB winning team.

I like Tyrod as the starter, but I also have no issues with saying that he needs to develop more and that I expected a bit more from him.

Here are 3 primary examples of Needs To Improve -

1. He has yet to prove to me he can run an efficient 2 minute drill
  2. He needs to prove to me he can win when passing for more than 30 times
  3. Read the entire field and run when there is a hole to run (actually 2 things summed up)

IMO at this time it would be unwise to pay him "Franchise" money.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

So we must ignore the 4 years of learning from the bench? Isn't than being disingenuous?

I like Tyrod as the starter, but I also have no issues with saying that he needs to develop more and that I expected a bit more from him.

Here are 3 primary examples of Needs To Improve -

1. He has yet to prove to me he can run an efficient 2 minute drill
  2. He needs to prove to me he can win when passing for more than 30 times
  3. Read the entire field and run when there is a hole to run (actually 2 things summed up)

IMO at this time it would be unwise to pay him "Franchise" money.

Point me to where I said we must ignore anything?

You do love trolling don't you.

No. I just think that a guy with 5 years of being in the NFL, but not starting, being top 10 in a bunch of QB categories in his first starting year is more than acceptable, and he deserves another year to see what happens.

Feel free to disagree.

I'm a man & brady is a man.

That's the kind of "comparison" you may have seen. Please, stop spewing BS. If that's the best you got then keep it to yourself.

Not that I agree with the poster on overall take, but some were comparing the two.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/183497-tyrod-vs-brady/

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall