Tyrod Taylor and the Heroic Run to 7-9

UBBullsfan

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a "good franchise QB". What's wrong with a great franchise QB? Move up in the draft to select a true 1st round talent. Tyrod Taylor to me is no different than Thad Lewis save for his running ability. They are both strong armed, one read quarterbacks.

You do realize that about 1/2 of first round players don't live up to where they were picked? Knowing this you'd still trade picks that could have gone on to become productive players over a 50/50 chance?

I

A team that was that one player away could do as you suggest. The Bills aren't that. Many holes. Many, many holes. Ask yourself how much better Washington could be with those picks they traded and their second choice at QB that draft.

Chiefs were in playoffs two years ago and they got embarrassed. What's wrong with hoping to go all the way?

Got to play in the playoffs to have a chance to win

Have to draft a clear cut 1st round quarterback. No more Losman and EJ Manuel gambles.

THEY ARE ALL GAMBLES

a "good franchise QB". What's wrong with a great franchise QB? Move up in the draft to select a true 1st round talent. Tyrod Taylor to me is no different than Thad Lewis save for his running ability. They are both strong armed, one read quarterbacks.

omg

You do realize that about 1/2 of first round players don't live up to where they were picked? Knowing this you'd still trade picks that could have gone on to become productive players over a 50/50 chance?

I

A team that was that one player away could do as you suggest. The Bills aren't that. Many holes. Many, many holes. Ask yourself how much better Washington could be with those picks they traded and their second choice at QB that draft.

When RG3 played like a franchise guy, none of those picks or players mattered. They still were winners and went to the playoffs.

This guy is 0-5 on game tieing drives in the 4th quarter. He is mostly a one read quarterback. Almost all of his throws are to the sidelines. He is good at the deep ball, but we have had other QBs that were good at the deep ball since Kelly retired. Didn't get us anywhere.

The twin towers were standing the last time the Bills played a playoff game.

Weird, coming into this game Taylor was amongst the league leader in 4th quarter production...and I think he was 3rd if not mistaken. But I guess a fact-less rant stating otherwise is more accurate.

Oh, and theres that pesky thing of missing half his OL, multiple WR's, his TE, and multiple RBs too. Ah, and there is that other pesky thing of it being his first year as a QB. Oh, and that other pesky thing about how he's played hurt almost the entire year.

In other words, Taylor is not the problem and he has been most often the sole reason we have either been in games or won games. So maybe direct your rant elsewhere, the kid doesn't deserve it.

Edited by Alphadawg7

When RG3 played like a franchise guy, none of those picks or players mattered. They still were winners and went to the playoffs.

none of it mattered to whom? Should we poll those same people today? I'll put you down for mortgage the future for one playoff game (loss).

none of it mattered to whom? Should we poll those same people today? I'll put you down for mortgage the future for one playoff game.

Vs what? Mortgage the future for non-QB's and not even making it to a playoff game?

More to the point, the Skins were garbage, but were still "one player away" because the one player they got was a QB, admittedly for a short while.

Edited by FireChan

We seem to be talking past each other, can you repeat what you'd like me to address?

we're not talking past each other. I was having a conversation with someone & you butted in. Your comments don't have anything to do with the discussion, but, still, you must be heard. Sorry, I don't play those games. If you have a valid comment about something I said and you want to reply in context then please feel free.

Vs what? Mortgage the future for non-QB's and not even making it to a playoff game?

Mortgage the future for one player is a heck of a lot riskier than taking many players and risking all of them busting.

And again...Taylor is NOT our issue and anyone who thinks it is really shouldnt be posting about QBs. Is he perfect, no...but the kid has shown a LOT in his FIRST year as a starting QB and has endured a LOT this year. Missing your WR's most the year, your RBs most the year, half your OL, your TE, etc is a lot to over come for any QB. But to have to do it in your first year as a starter, your first year in a new offense, and in a year where he himself has played hurt most the year is a LOT to ask.

Yet he is among the league leaders in several very relevant categories, he protects the ball, has been the major reason we won several of our games, and has even kept us in most games when everything was working against us every where else. Like the Giants game where bad penalties (and really bad calls by the refs) took 2 different impressive TDs away from him on 2 different drives that literally was the difference in the game. This kid was ONE interception since Week 4. For a guy making his first starts as a QB and playing with backups all over the field, thats pretty damn impressive.

Never, not one time, in the history of the NFL has a rookie QB had it all figured out his first year playing. Not even a guy who sat for a few years then got his first starts. Sure guys have had early success to build on, but never were they playing like a seasoned vet. This kid has had one of the better starts to an NFL starting career in the history of the NFL and people still b*tch and moan around here. Its unbelievable.

Anyone who thinks for even a fraction of a second this kid isn't our starter next year is delusional and misguided...no offense, but its true. He's our guy barring some kind of awful implosion the final 3 weeks, and even then, he's still most likely the guy.

we're not talking past each other. I was having a conversation with someone & you butted in. Your comments don't have anything to do with the discussion, but, still, you must be heard. Sorry, I don't play those games. If you have a valid comment about something I said and you want to reply in context then please feel free.

Are topics for private conversations Beerball? You could always take it to PM.

Kidding. Sorry.