Tyrod Taylor and the Heroic Run to 7-9

UBBullsfan

That is one game. You know that.

A QB doesnt maintain a stat line like TT has over the course of the season by making bad decisions. If he were truly bad at making decisions he would not have a low interception rate because opposing defenses would lock onto tendicies and shut him down.

Come on people....your smarter then this

it wasn't just one game John from Hemet, it has been many. All too often I have yelled at my TV to run when he could easily make the 1st with his feet.

He was chosen for his abilities and he needs to use them.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it wasn't just one game John. It has been many. All too often I have yelled at my TV to run when he could easily make the 1st with his feet.

He was chosen for his abilities. He needs to use them.

I think he's trying not to get his knee blown out and go down the tubes like RGIII

It is symptomatic that he doesn't perform well under pressure. The 1st (and 2nd Patriot game). The Giant game. The Chiefs game. The Eagles game. Did anyone really feel in their guts that Taylor could knock the socks off of the opposing defense and win the game with his arm? My gut told me no. Just like when EJ tried to manufacture a final drive against the Jags. Didn't you just know that it wasn't going to happen?

I had said as much earlier. As much a I like Taylor, there is work to be done.

I think he's trying not to get his knee blown out and go down the tubes like RGIII

IMO if you are afraid to play ...... then retire.

That may be harsh, but realistic. HE can't have that on his mind. Reading defenses, his receivers and if need be running lanes needs to be his prime concern.

It is symptomatic that he doesn't perform well under pressure. The 1st (and 2nd Patriot game). The Giant game. The Chiefs game. The Eagles game. Did anyone really feel in their guts that Taylor could knock the socks off of the opposing defense and win the game with his arm? My gut told me no. Just like when EJ tried to manufacture a final drive against the Jags. Didn't you just know that it wasn't going to happen?

christ

I had said as much earlier. As much a I like Taylor, there is work to be done.

Nobody is saying that there is not

IMO if you are afraid to play ...... then retire.

That may be harsh, but realistic. HE can't have that on his mind. Reading defenses, his receivers and if need be running lanes needs to be his prime concern.

Nova,

In all serious do you REALLY think TT is afraid to do anything on that field?

This is a guy that gets out and blocks for the running back on designed runs....knowing full well that he is putting himself in a position to get destroyed by a 250 pound heatseaking missile linebacker

IMO this is by design....he is being TOLD not to run all the time and work on his skills throwing from within the pocket. If he is being coached to do it then is the fault Tyrods? We dont know.

christ

Nobody is saying that there is not

Nova,

In all serious do you REALLY think TT is afraid to do anything on that field?

This is a guy that gets out and blocks for the running back on designed runs....knowing full well that he is putting himself in a position to get destroyed by a 250 pound heatseaking missile linebacker

IMO this is by design....he is being TOLD not to run all the time and work on his skills throwing from within the pocket. If he is being coached to do it then is the fault Tyrods? We dont know.

Scrambling will never win you a superbowl. Mike Vick got deep into the playoffs a few times but never won it all. I think in 2015 everyone knows this, including Tyrod, so he is trying to develop his passing game.

Scrambling will never win you a superbowl. Mike Vick got deep into the playoffs a few times but never won it all. I think in 2015 everyone knows this, including Tyrod, so he is trying to develop his passing game.

He is not TRYING to develop his passing game

He IS developing his passing game.......which now including over the middle throws, throws from the pocket, and screens (it would help if the O line got the DL hands down on the screen plays)

He is not TRYING to develop his passing game

He IS developing his passing game.......which now including over the middle throws, throws from the pocket, and screens (it would help if the O line got the DL hands down on the screen plays)

John... Taylor right now is like a system quarterback under Greg Roman. Roman is basically telling Taylor what to do with the ball before each snap. That is hardly developing your game. As of right now, Taylor is a thrower, not a passer.

Says who? And which quarterback did Rex Ryan, a defensive coach, kill previously? He went to two AFC Championship games with Mark "butt fumble" Sanchez.

First of all, do you know the statistics of the QB's that Rex Ryan has coached? My guess is that you have NO clue! The Jets went to the AFC championship in spite of Ryan, not because of him. Look what he did to the QB's with the Jets.

As head coach of the Jets, Ryan's QB's were among the worst in the league- consistently. He didn't do anything to "coach them up". Nothing.

Prior to Buffalo, his QB's had an average QB rating of about 70. To put that in perspective, in 2015 only the pathetic Nick Foles has a worse rating at 69.

Prior to Buffalo, his QB's had an average QBR of about 33. To put that in perspective, in 2015 only the pathetic Nick Foles has a worse QBR rating at 30.

His QB's with the Jets had more interceptions than touchdowns. He took over the head coaching job from Eric Mangini and as a result the offensive production of the Jets got worse under his coaching tenure! The offense not only got worse, but the defense got much worse as time went by. All his trends were going in the wrong direction. The Bills mistakenly hired a guy on a steep downturn.

Rex Ryan also guided the Jets into irrelevancy by 2014 when he led them to a brilliant 4-12 season.

Tyrod Taylor has skills which need proper guidance, but he won't get it from Ryan. Rex is a proven failure with QB's.

Look at his record before defend this clown!

In his first year starting.....once again folks FIRST YEAR STARTER

He's not a teenager John, he's 26. He should be trusted to read the field by now. But, suspiciously, Roman doesn't seem to want to let him do that. Is Roman afraid of what he might see?

Edited by UBBullsfan