Tyrod Taylor and the Heroic Run to 7-9

UBBullsfan

Can we stop celebrating cute stats? He throws no INTs because he takes no chances and once won a game with 11 completions.

It's a shiny toy and you guys are helpless if you can't see that every time we need a win late he is not capable of making the tough throws. He chokes. If it's not a layup to Clay with no defense on the field the passing game is awful.

Seriously, wake up. His stats are not sustainable in games where we need to throw. Look at this game. 50% completion. It's garbage and you are still mesmerized by squeezing out wins against the Titans and Texans. He is the most overrated player on this team and all of his stats will regress to the mean when he is called upon to make throws to win.

You guys say that he's the fifth rated passer? The fourth rated passer (Tom Brady) has 230 MORE passing attempts than him. It's not sustainable. You'd have to be a complete sucker to think that he's the 5th best quarterback in the NFL!

This. Well Said.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is, actually. You took one small part of my "rant" and ran with it. My real point was that when you rely on Tyrod, when you need him to make throws, we lose. That's what I meant by taking chances. When we need a QB late in the game to step it up.

Throwing more than a certain number of times isn't the same thing as a QB not taking chances.

What it sounds like you're saying is that he can't win a game for you with his arm if he's asked to do so, and as far as criticisms go, that's a fair one.

Yes it is, actually. You took one small part of my "rant" and ran with it. My real point was that when you rely on Tyrod, when you need him to make throws, we lose. That's what I meant by taking chances. When we need a QB late in the game to step it up.

Well he's stepped up twice and won us games. GW drives and all that.

Throwing more than a certain number of times isn't the same thing as a QB not taking chances.

What it sounds like you're saying is that he can't win a game for you with his arm if he's asked to do so, and as far as criticisms go, that's a fair one.

I meant something different. He can't win a game with his arm. In the midst of a rant I used "taking chances" to describe that.

It is true that he is the best QB of the drought, but that's like saying he is the fastest Honda Civic

If you know what you are doing you can make a Honda Civic fast as hell. You obviously know as much about cars as you do football.

2-5 and all that. Congrats on defeating the Titans and Texans though. Huge wins. I'm sure the scrambles late and the WIDE OPEN tight end were not outliers.

Outliers on a data set with 7 points? You sound like you're really upset at Tyrod. Is everything okay?

He's much better than past QBs, for sure. I wish the Bills could just put a complete team together.

If it's not the offense, it's the defense or vice versa. Just be a complete team for once!

There aren't "Complete Teams" in the NFL. Because of the salary cap, teams have to pick and choose their weak points. The Panthers have some of the worst "skill" talent in the NFL and are 13-0. The Cardinals may be the most "complete" team and they can't rush the passer. The Pats have a crap Oline and rely in Brady getting the ball out quicker than anyone else.

The problem isn't not being a complete team, it's that we don't do anything well enough to make up for doing something else poorly.

I agree with the suggestion that this thread be killed by the moderators. We have already had a 50 something page thread titled Tyrod Taylor sucks. It has been discussed ad ininitum and there will never be a consensus. Some folks like him, some don't and that will never change no matter how many threads with the same subject material are started or how many pages of opinions are posted. This horse is dead.

Outliers on a data set with 7 points? You sound like you're really upset at Tyrod. Is everything okay?

0-5 in games where he throws over 30 passes. 1-5 with the final drive and the game on the line. I don't think Tyrod is the answer and I'm shocked at how many of you do.

0-5 in games where he throws over 30 passes. 1-5 with the final drive and the game on the line. I don't think Tyrod is the answer and I'm shocked at how many of you do.

Okay. So Tyrod only gets a 5 game leash? Or does he still get to play next week?

Who thinks Tyrod is the answer?

Edited by FireChan

Tyrod has played 11 games & is 6-5. He's getting better & it appears he's reading the defense more & stepping up in the pocket.

Still the last 3 games will decide what we should do at the QB position. It's time to cut Tyrod loose and see what we really have. He's 0-5 when attempting over 30 passes. Also Taylor's completion percentage is falling as more of his targets are downfield throws.

He may not be the answer long term, but he's good enough for now. I'm a big proponent of constantly looking for a QB.

This team has no excuse for this record this year. And it doesn't rest on Tyrod's shoulders.

18 TDs , 5 INTs . That's a pretty good ratio. If the metric was not turning the ball over, then no 5 TDs to 5 INTs wouldn't be getting it done. Tyrod isn't close to perfect, but he shows promise. He should be back barring an obviously better option,no?

TT's numbers- yeah he is just awful lol

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14163/tyrod-taylor

Edited by billsfan_34

Tyrod has played 11 games & is 6-5. He's getting better & it appears he's reading the defense more & stepping up in the pocket.

Still the last 3 games will decide what we should do at the QB position. It's time to cut Tyrod loose and see what we really have. He's 0-5 when attempting over 30 passes. Also Taylor's completion percentage is falling as more of his targets are downfield throws.

Reading the defense. WHAT? Do you watch the games?

I meant something different. He can't win a game with his arm. In the midst of a rant I used "taking chances" to describe that.

To me, that's a valid point regarding the limitations of his game.

I've got 3 big criticisms of Taylor right now:

- Doesn't see the middle of the field consistently

- Ball doesn't come out quick enough (that missed long ball to Sammy where he was wide open early but the safety came underneath late is a great example from yesterday)

- He doesn't climb to safety, choosing instead to abandon clean pockets

I'm not sure how much of that is inexperience and the game needing to slow down for him, but I've seen enough good things to say that I'm okay if they go into next season with him atop the depth chart, provided that they draft someone that they believe can become a franchise guy as well.

- Ball doesn't come out quick enough (that missed long ball to Sammy where he was wide open early but the safety came underneath late is a great example from yesterday)

I'm not sure how much of that is inexperience and the game needing to slow down for him, but I've seen enough good things to say that I'm okay if they go into next season with him atop the depth chart, provided that they draft someone that they believe can become a franchise guy as well.

Agreed 100%.

I don't think this is going to happen, and that is perhaps my biggest fear. I am absolutely fine with bringing in someone to challenge Tyrod (hopefully a first round pick), but something tells me we're drafting a DE after we release Mario and I am fearful that we'll be seeing a premature extension.