For a guy who hits deep passes so often Tyrod cannot get 300

TheFunPolice

It's truly amazing...

Tons of deep balls but almost no intermediate game.

How can you hit a few deep passes a game and not get to 300?

Supposedly crappy QB's get 300 every week in today's NFL.

This is a troubling stat to me, because it means Tyrod is not doing the little things that you need from a QB.

Maybe because he is a first year QB on a disfunctional team...

Hey guess how many 300 yard games russell wilson had his first year playing 16 games? 0 (taylor is 0)

Hey guess how many 250 yard games russell wilson had his first year playing 16 games? 3 (taylor is 4)

Hey guess how many 200 yard games russell wilson had his first year playing 16 games? 7 (taylor is 7)

The final drives were very Trent Edwards like. Can't get a first down during the 2 minute drive when D is playing prevent? Then you don't belong in the NFL. Simple as that. Tyrod really needs to work on that

It could help if both drives didn't consist of offensive penalties...

And we did get a first down the last drive

Or maybe its because he is a QB in a run first offense?

It makes you wonder what is wrong with a fan, after seeing the game today that was poorly coached, with 15 penaliteis, drops, turnovers, and overall crap, that the person decides to complain about the QB who played fine because he didn't throw for 300 yards. Go learn football

Or maybe its because he is a QB in a run first offense?

It makes you wonder what is wrong with a fan, after seeing the game today that was poorly coached, with 15 penaliteis, drops, turnovers, and overall crap, that the person decides to complain about the QB who played fine because he didn't throw for 300 yards. Go learn football

:thumbsup:

The Greg Roman effect.

1. That. We whine about other teams running rubs/picks/whatever you want to call them of questionable legality, but we don't run them ourselves (or very rarely run them). That's how guys get open on shorter/medium range throws in today's NFL.

2. Tyrod got a couple batted down when he tried to thrown short range up the middle. He just doesn't see that part of the field well.

3. Tyrod got very bomb happy today, a consequence of connecting on a few last week and one early on today. A couple notable 3rd-and-makeable situations and instead of looking for the 1st down he went for the deep ball, missing on both.

Of course it doesn't help to have all those false start penalties either.

They could've dinked and dunked their way to a field goal attempt on that last drive in their sleep. The insistence on constantly throwing it long in this game when they only needed a few yards was what did them in.

Nailed it.

I hope Taylor can continue to improve. I am not really sure of what the scheme was today. I do know that going for 20+ yard passes constantly on 3rd downs with 5 or less yards is frustrating.

The final pass was a 3rd and 8. You have two attempts to get 8 yards. Middle of the field is open, Taylor goes to what he feels comfortable doing, deep ball. His touch was off since the Watkins bomb in the first quarter.

Sad .

All Tyrod can do is hit the deep ball, there is barely any short to intermediate passing game most likely bc Taylor can't see over the lineman

I like Tyrod but he looks like another in a long line of very good backup QBs who just happens to be starting for the Bills

Edited by Max997

1. That. We whine about other teams running rubs/picks/whatever you want to call them of questionable legality, but we don't run them ourselves (or very rarely run them). That's how guys get open on shorter/medium range throws in today's NFL.

2. Tyrod got a couple batted down when he tried to thrown short range up the middle. He just doesn't see that part of the field well.

3. Tyrod got very bomb happy today, a consequence of connecting on a few last week and one early on today. A couple notable 3rd-and-makeable situations and instead of looking for the 1st down he went for the deep ball, missing on both.

Of course it doesn't help to have all those false start penalties either.

In today's case it was blatant Offensive PI against the Eagles that directly led to the winning FG...they can find 15 penalties against us(and I'm not really arguing about them, because they WERE penalties), but they miss the most blatant penalty of the game directly in front of their face.

All Tyrod can do is hit the deep ball, there is barely to no short to intermediate passing game most likely bc Taylor can't see over the lineman

I like Tyrod but he looks like another in a long line of very good backup QBs who just happens to be starting for the Bills

With the defense from last year, this team is at WORST 8-5 this year, more likely 9-4.