Whelp, they're trotting out the '72 dolphins

Beerball

DON SHULA ROOTING FOR UNBEATEN PANTHERS

The coach of the 17-0 1972 Dolphins said: "I have special interest in the Carolina Panthers because my son, Mike, is the offensive coordinator. ... I'm pulling for them. I hope they equal or surpass what we were able to do. If it happens on a team that Mike was a part of, I would be very proud of that."

I just get the impression that the Panthers are not legit. I have a funny feeling they will blow one of these games down the stretch or choke under playoff pressure. Seattle knows how to win in the playoffs!

They beat the Seahawks in week 6 and the Packers in Week 9. They beat the Texans in Week 2 and the Colts in week 8. They beat a decent Tampa Bay team in week 3. Two of their next 4 games are against the Falcons who are falling apart again, the Giants, and then they close out against Tampa Bay @ home. They have already beaten two of the teams they might possibly see again in the post season in GB and Seattle. I think they are pretty legit, especially with a healthy defense.

Edited by H2o

DON SHULA ROOTING FOR UNBEATEN PANTHERS

The coach of the 17-0 1972 Dolphins said: "I have special interest in the Carolina Panthers because my son, Mike, is the offensive coordinator. ... I'm pulling for them. I hope they equal or surpass what we were able to do. If it happens on a team that Mike was a part of, I would be very proud of that."

his son is the OC

The biggest challenge maybe the Gints for the Panthers, but they haven't played anyone yet but the average at best Packers

I actually hope Carolina goes 19-0 just so everybody can rub it in the Pats*** faces.

Couldn't agree more. Then Mercury Morris and the rest of them can go away, and stay away. I really enjoy watching Cam Newton play, he really seems to have fun, and I like how he give a ball to a kid every time he scores.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it's not a popular opinion, but I gotta say it: I love watching Mercury Morris go off every time some team approaches the 72 Dolphins "neighborhood." Everyone's all polite and "happy" when some other player/team breaks a longstanding record .. kind of refreshing to see the honesty ... they have the record, and they don't want to share it.

That's what sucks about stats.

Someone will eventually come along and break your record.

Titles are forever. A QB can come along and throw for 8000 yards and 75 TD in a season, his team can go 19-0 two straight years and Brady and the Pats* will still get to keep their (soon to be) 5 Super Bowl rings.

Edited by TheFunPolice