OL much improved with 2 backups.

peterpan

urbik has been better than miller for a few weeks now. Henderson being sick was a blessing IMO. I don't think we win that game with Henderson playing. He is good for 2-3 drive-killing mistakes a game.

We played a great D today and a good gameplan and our new RT helped our our whole team. I hope he and urbik take over the starting spots

Edited by peterpan

Urbik played well today, but still a stretch to say he's better than Miller. Given his mid-season injury hiccup and the fact he's a rookie, expect more consistent top play from Miller going forward whereas Urbik has proven to be mediocre over his time here. But again, consolation with Urbik's stronger performance today - but doubtful that it will continue. Shout out to Mills for stepping up big and controlling Watt with frequent double teams.

It also shows that Whaley whiffed on the Koujo pick

and hit it out of the park with getting Miller, Darby, Williams, Watkins, Brown, Clay, McCoy, Rambo, Schmidt, etc etc etc. And shedding Kiko, CJ, Fred, Chandler and a bunch of other guys who can't play any more.

Everyone shut the f up about Whaley. Best personnel guy since Polian.

and hit it out of the park with getting Miller, Darby, Williams, Watkins, Brown, Clay, McCoy, Rambo, Schmidt, etc etc etc. And shedding Kiko, CJ, Fred, Chandler and a bunch of other guys who can't play any more.

I like Whaley too. No GM is going to be right all the time on his moves, but he's done well. I'm sure he would have rather kept Freddy over Dixon for this season considering Boobie has been invisible, but the Darby and Karlos picks alone are very impressive.

I think getting Shady was more of Chip Kelly basically dropping him into our lap on a trade we couldn't say no to, rather than Doug being proactive and shopping for RB's, but I'll take it either way.

Schmidt has been a monster, but fallen back to earth a bit these last few games, now if only we could teach the kid how to kick it deep and dump Gay and Carpenter in the offseason, draft an accurate college kid, I'd feel a whole lot better about the kicking game.

I like Whaley too. No GM is going to be right all the time on his moves, but he's done well. I'm sure he would have rather kept Freddy over Dixon for this season considering Boobie has been invisible, but the Darby and Karlos picks alone are very impressive.

I think getting Shady was more of Chip Kelly basically dropping him into our lap on a trade we couldn't say no to, rather than Doug being proactive and shopping for RB's, but I'll take it either way.

Schmidt has been a monster, but fallen back to earth a bit these last few games, now if only we could teach the kid how to kick it deep and dump Gay and Carpenter in the offseason, draft an accurate college kid, I'd feel a whole lot better about the kicking game.

Sometimes its the trades you dont say no to

Sometimes its the trades you dont make

Sometimes its the players that are really popular or really talented that you let go

ALL of those have to be taken into consideration with the players you draft when evaluating a GM....and NONE of them are perfect....but Whaley has def been more right then he has been wrong

Miller is better at run blocking. Urbik is better in pass-protection, Miller has more upside but if we're going tenter position. o throw then Urbik will make fewer mistakes.

I worry that with Urbik, we lose the ability to pull. But I did see EWood pulling yesterday from center. Not sure I remember seeing a Bills center pull since Kent Hull.

Definitely

Yep. As long as Rex doesnt purge the DEF, we keep G-Ro and we bring in some better O-line, LBs, S depth, and another speed threat WR, we are gonna be really good next year

prob need another DT or DE as well.

The Bill O-Line played well in this game, especially considering that the Texans defense has been playing very well. There was some pressure on taylor, but he had time to throw the ball deep and the running game worked well. Game ball to the O-Line!

the blocking schemes were outstanding.

At no point in the season has the OL been an issue.

Certain positions have underperformed, and I agree that Urbik has outplayed Miller at RG (though I believe that Miller will be the better player once he gets a true NFL offseason under his belt).

Henderson has been woeful at times at RT, though it's worth noting that Mills got the same kind of help that Henderson got in his rookie baptism-by-fire against Cam Wake (where Wake was also held to zero sacks).