Scott Weiland dead at 48.

The Big Cat

Had tix to see him next week. Always seemed like any day could be his last but after his bandmate dying last tour and the really rough videos coming out it seemed his end was near even for his standards

When on, he was quite gifted but had been derailed for so much of his career

Had tix to see him next week. Always seemed like any day could be his last but after his bandmate dying last tour and the really rough videos coming out it seemed his end was near even for his standards

Yeah if you saw his performance at Rock on the range last year it was pretty clear he was back on the junk again. It was awful, and I only saw it on TV.

Yeah if you saw his performance at Rock on the range last year it was pretty clear he was back on the junk again. It was awful, and I only saw it on TV.

Again? That implies he was ever off the stuff.

What were these videos?

We can't all be Bohemian like you.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/30/stone-temple-pilots-scott-weiland-gasoline-video/

He murders an STP classic and blames it on the sound levels. Terrible.

Heck, he did a call in radio interview last week and any answers that were more than 1 word were single sentences that were barely coherent.

Amazingly talented and charismatic when he had stuff together though

Heck, he did a call in radio interview last week and any answers that were more than 1 word were single sentences that were barely coherent.

Amazingly talented and charismatic when he had stuff together though

He was a true rock star. I saw him in the twilight of his career with STP and even then he commanded the spotlight. He owned the stage. Great showman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpg0IPr1N7A

My ears are bleeding.

"perfect storm" of Scott being tired and having a couple of drinks before the show.

A few drinks - oh, that's no problem if you're an addict.

Whoever the tour manager/band managers were, they oversaw 2 members of this band overdosing and dying in less than 8 months. the excuses they put out this year on his behalf, and supporting the "he hasn't used in years" storyline was tragic to watch in the moment.

I'm not saying taking him off the road would've fixed it, but I do seriously doubt his handlers cared about his well being at all the last year or two.

Edited by NoSaint

I've seen STP twice. once in the 90s and again right after shangri.(2001 perhaps?)

STP, soundgarden, pearl jam(that order) were my favorite growing up.

I know how im gonna spend tonight. Knock a few back and listen to all his music. Scott was beyond talented, and beyond troubled. They seem to go hand in hand sometimes. RIP Scott, you influenced my youth for sure.

Whoever the tour manager/band managers were, they oversaw 2 members of this band overdosing and dying in less than 8 months. the excuses they put out this year on his behalf, and supporting the "he hasn't used in years" storyline was tragic to watch in the moment.

I'm not saying taking him off the road would've fixed it, but I do seriously doubt his handlers cared about his well being at all the last year or two.

Do not be an enabler.

I lost my best friend 3 months ago to heroin. I turned my back on him about a month before he left. While there's the inevitable guilt separating a person who's in trouble, it was the right thing to do. If losing your best friend won't wake you up, not much will.