Blood is on the NRA's hands

LA Grant

Another day, another mass shooting. What will it take for this country to recognize it has a gun problem? It's going to take people who hate admitting they're wrong to admit they may be wrong about gun control.

Obviously I never post in this subforum, I've checked enough times to know it's little more than an echo chamber for conservative talk radio points. DC Tom, LABillzFan, and the other thought leaders here slap each other on the back and never have to consider they may be wrong. Well, conservatives do an admirable job of stubbornly ignoring reality. I'll grant you that in general I think people only preach to the choir so I'm going to go against the grain and try to communicate to NRA sympathizers here.

That's why I'm going to be blunt and straight to the point. If this post gets taken down or banned because I'm clearly posting when I'm angry, so be it.

If you're an NRA supporter: these shootings are on YOU. That's right, you are implicit. Your actions are partly responsible for these tragedies. Your selfish, delusional, ignorant fantasies of being a cowboy hero have led to this current reality of America where mass shootings are becoming a daily occurrence. You are part of the problem that prevents gun legislation. And since there is no foreseeable opportunity for legislation and an end to the madness, at the very least, you should feel bad and consider changing your stupid views.

This year alone, there have been more mass shootings than days in the year. These are not "isolated incidents" like the NRA likes to pretend. You need to take a long look in the mirror and realize how badly your attitudes affect the rest of the country. It's absurd how easily accessible weapons are available to psychopaths. Who's to blame for that?

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Easily the dumbest defense. Guns kill people. None of these mass murders happen without the ease of guns.

"If we outlawed guns, criminals would find a way to get them anyway."

So instead let's make it easier for "them" to get them by having them widely available? How's that working out? The reality is, because gun manufacturers have made SO MANY of these portable death machines, OBVIOUSLY they will not go away overnight. But legislation is the first step; rooting them out is the second step. It's like saying that because withdrawals are bad, you should just keep doing heroin forever.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Where are all the good guys with guns then? You guys have been asleep at the wheel if you're supposed to be the ones preventing these. Nevermind that this quip doesn't sync up with reality at all; the amount of times a shooter has been stopped by an armed civilian have been so few that it's little more than an anomaly. Stats show it's far more likely that having a gun in your home makes it more likely for a gun death to occur in the home than it being used in a "positive" way, but I'm sure Obama just made up those stats to scare you, though.

"It's a mental health issue."

Hey good point, social services should be expanded in this country. Unfortunately that would mean higher taxes! Well, we know which segment of the population will be blocking any efforts to improve this then. Even if we did somehow improve access to mental health — which won't happen — the first realization people would come to would be "oh well obviously we should get rid of guns, that's an easy one."

"The government fears armed citizens!"

So incredibly delusional. The government taps all your communication, engages in drone warfare on a regular basis, etc. etc., but they're afraid of your sidearm? Get over yourself.

"It's for protection!"

It's for your absurd fantasies. Protect you from what, home invasion? Sorry, that's not nearly good enough of a justification. Guns are overwhelmingly used to attack, not defend. And your possessions are meaningless. Nobody wants to steal your DVD-VCR combo.

"But the shooting today happened in California, which has stronger gun laws! See? Gun laws don't work!"

The laws are not strong enough anywhere. Waiting periods, background checks, written tests. It's not enough. We need to get there on a nation-wide level because gun sales are still through the roof at gun shows and still pass state borders mostly with impunity.

"Way to politicize a tragedy."

If we can't talk about this now, then when? When it happens to someone you know?

"But I like hunting!"

At least this one is honest. The reality is your hobby sucks. If your daddy got you into hunting and that's how you bonded, your daddy sucks. Hunt with a bow & arrow, or a knife, or even a musket if you want. Go ahead and keep the muskets.

If you're an NRA member and you read all this, you're probably pissed and looking to score points by somehow proving me wrong. Go ahead and shoot the messenger, I don't care. Call me whatever names you want, like that makes what I'm saying not true.

Maybe in time you'll consider that these tragedies are preventable and that we need to at least "TRY" reducing access to guns. That does not happen until the NRA has less power in our government. And that doesn't happen until their base starts to turn on them; until gun sales stop GOING UP whenever there's a mass shooting. That's why I'm reaching out.

The NRA needs to be recognized for what it is — an enabler of terrorism. We need to stop dancing around this hard truth just because we've been living the lie for so long. White male sociopaths with guns are terrorists, plain and simple.

If you're a gun owner, if you're one of the fools that buys into the NRA rhetoric so they can keep making money off of your delusional and fearful fantasies, the best way to send your "thoughts and prayers" to the victims of these shootings would be to take your gun and shoot yourself. Go ahead and do it today, even. At least then the blood on your hands can be your own.

Typical mindless idiot

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! OK, OK, you guys win. You were right all along. Congratulations!! Now, can we have a discussion?

The question is this. Where is this going? Can you look at the trajectory and see where this solution of more guns takes us? That may be better in a world where we all need to shoot it out with terrorists, but in the world where we have lots of mentally unstable people in our midst, that is a dangerous solution. I think we will see increased societal killings if everyone is armed too. Shootings over disrespect, jealousy, road rage, drunkeness, etc. Hell, I'd shoot several of you given the chance.....lol.

Also, the reason we need good guys with guns everywhere, is because we have not been able to determine who should not have access to weapons. If we continue down this path, how do we not arrive in the world where we need highly armed guards everywhere?

Inhale, exhale. Take a chill pill.

You're failing to think outside the bun.

You're looking at this completely wrong.

I posted this upstream and you probably missed it. This is my answer to this conundrum.

I propose the next POTUS do the Obamamama flim-flam and create the Affordable Protection Act which would require all homes to have a gun, and they will be fined by the IRS if they do not prove that they have one. If you like your guns, you can keep your guns - period. Every American that needs a gun will have their ammunition bill lowered by $2,500 on average. If you can't afford to own a gun, you can buy one on the government established exchanges where you will qualify for a subsidy. Gun safety classes will be mandatory in K-8th grades, and practical Gun Range training will be mandatory in grades 9 - 12. Passing the course each year with a grade of B+ or higher will be a requirement for grade advancement and eventual High School graduation.

The emperor in chief has established the precedent as have the Supremes. Face it Libs, you could be screwed on your own petard.

Wow! OK, OK, you guys win. You were right all along. Congratulations!! Now, can we have a discussion?

The question is this. Where is this going? Can you look at the trajectory and see where this solution of more guns takes us? That may be better in a world where we all need to shoot it out with terrorists, but in the world where we have lots of mentally unstable people in our midst, that is a dangerous solution. I think we will see increased societal killings if everyone is armed too. Shootings over disrespect, jealousy, road rage, drunkeness, etc. Hell, I'd shoot several of you given the chance.....lol.

Also, the reason we need good guys with guns everywhere, is because we have not been able to determine who should not have access to weapons. If we continue down this path, how do we not arrive in the world where we need highly armed guards everywhere?

Haven't we seen you somewhere before...

fcedca64578bd09e9d564c3ca70d5ed5c5a92bfc

I agree with legalization, but that is a ridiculous reason to do so. Its foolish to think a law will stop a crimnal from committing a crime

The logic put forth was there is no use to have any gun control legislation because some criminals would still be able to get guns so using that logic there is no use having laws against pot because some people are still going to be able to get pot - (personally I'm against gun control basically because I think to live in a free country you are going to have to put up with a certain level of risk and I also believe to keep our right to privacy we must understand and accept that there is a certain amount of risk involved in fact each freedom has a risk attached)- but the logic that you can't have any kind of gun control law because it would not work perfectly is poor.

I don't need any comments from a guy who breaks an ankle every other week- pro tip only bet what you can afford to lose

"Every other week?" :lol:

And I don't lose.

And Ike was speaking in the context of the death of Stalin and the hope for detente with Krushchev's Soviet Union. Not banning gun ownership for the sake of welfare recipients.

I think you're supposed to call him sugar breasts.

:lol:

Seriously, I believe that guns much like cars should be registered and licensed (which there are a number of cars out there that aren't). I know it isn't a perfect system, but you'll never find one. If someone is diagnosed with certain mental illnesses or is on the terror watch list, then you can obtain search warrant to obtain said weapons (gotta make use of the NSA surveillance on our people somehow).

The OP failed miserably in his points as after Sandy Hook, the polls showed that most NRA members (~90%) were in favor of some reforms in terms of registration and training, while the NRA leadership fought against said reforms. You can't fault the members when the leaders don't follow their member's beliefs and wishes.

"Every other week?" :lol:

And I don't lose.

And Ike was speaking in the context of the death of Stalin and the hope for detente with Krushchev's Soviet Union. Not banning gun ownership for the sake of welfare recipients.

you are a big loser with weak ankles and !@#$ your opinion on Eisenhower he'd slap you silly you dolt.

well then by that logic legalize pot

I agree

- but the logic that you can't have any kind of gun control law because it would not work perfectly is poor.

Who's putting forth that argument?

/dev/null

No I'm not. I was pointing out the irony in the guy who smokes pot wanting more gun laws to stop people from having guns.

Prohibitions do not prevent the contraband from those who seek it and only results in Black Markets run by organized crime