End of the road for San Diego

YoloinOhio

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans never filled the stadium anyway. Always more opposing fans.

this year, yes. Because they weren't good and because they knew what was coming. They actually were high in season ticket sales (second to buffalo maybe) but then sold them all in the secondary market after they were atrocious. They just felt like - why support the team if they are leaving? Imagine if the Bills were 2-8 and planning to move.. There would be no one there. Plus they loathe mike McCoy. Edited by YoloinOhio

this year, yes. Because they weren't good and because they knew what was coming. They actually were high in season ticket sales (second to buffalo maybe) but then sold them all in the secondary market after they were atrocious. They just felt like - why support the team if they are leaving? Imagine if the Bills were 2-8 and planning to move.. There would be no one there. Plus they loathe mike McCoy.

The way the Bills play they might as well be 2-8

No one will be there in 2016. Too many legal issues. None of them at the owners meeting this week has prepared adequately to make the case for this year. Possibly next year. San Diego has a vote this June for the new stadium there.

Rams make the most sense as Kronkey has the money, the land, and the opportunity with a year to year lease. He is the second richest owner alone without his wife's family money. They will be in LA in 2017 or 18.

Davis doesn't have the capital. Spanos is all about what the city does for him this summer. I hate to see relocation too. I'd rather see a significant expansion including LA and any other emerging markets to help the NFL continue to grow. Everyone wins. Who knows? There is LA x 2, Mexico City, a city in Canada, and even London.

My 10 year belief is the only way for a Europe expansion is creating a whole new division so enough ground swell to have 4 teams in Europe. That would give them 6 games in their continent. How can a west coast US team play a Europe team without consequence.

I've lived in San Diego for over 6 years. There's no fan support here, the stadium is absolute trash, and the tailgating is boring as hell. Even when they're good no one cares

Propaganda?

Jack Murphy stadium is a gem. I loved skating down those spiral ramps.

I can tailgate at a swim meet and have fun.

Imo

Rams make the most sense as Kronkey has the money, the land, and the opportunity with a year to year lease. He is the second richest owner alone without his wife's family money. They will be in LA in 2017 or 18.

Davis doesn't have the capital. Spanos is all about what the city does for him this summer. I hate to see relocation too. I'd rather see a significant expansion including LA and any other emerging markets to help the NFL continue to grow. Everyone wins. Who knows? There is LA x 2, Mexico City, a city in Canada, and even London.

I think the Rams would be happy to share stadium with Raiders or Chargers like Giants share with Jets. They own the stadium, the surrounding properties which they are developing and the AFC team brings in customers during weeks the Rams are not playing and only get a share of concessions having to use Rams' dedicated suppliers.

There aren't enough quarterbacks ;)