Rex was awful- AGAIN

billsfan_34

Who knows the angle he had from the middle of the field. For all we know Hogans body was completely blocking his viewpoint of whether it was a catch or not. From what he said in the pressed he didn't have a good angle live (although againI think he was lying about what happened so who knows). I am talking generalities. You are assuming he had a good look at it when you and I have no idea if he did or not.

We both agree that someone should have seen The replay we did showing it was a catch and that he should have challenged. Someone should have told him to challenge the Maclin catch too. The Woods challenge was a bad call by Rex because he believed Woods and they were not going to overturn it even though to me it was a catch. That's the one we can blame on Rex.

This was his biggest mistake. He almost said in the middle of the week that he wasn't going to do the same thing because of Alsx Smith and the screens and the kinds of plays they run but it was a huge mistake. Terrible game plan and defensive play calls.

No, what I have said repeatedly is that is not "the angle" of the play that mattered. It is the circumstance of the call. The kid caught the ball, ran several steps upfield, was tackled, went to the ground, and then the ball came out.

That sequence alone should have prompted a HC to challenge the call. Your excuses are off point.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree - the bills completely rushed after the hogan play rather than waiting a tad. They had a lot of time, and moreover if they tied it they wouldn't want the chiefs getting the ball back. Take some time to make sure. It was bad all around.

I was only talking about whether or not it was Rex's fault, or most HC challenges are the HCs fault versus other staff members. One of the major reasons they didn't challenge it was because of the time left and the timeout situation. It could have had a major affect on whether or not the Bills had a final chance with a minute to go.

No, what I have said repeatedly is that is not "the angle" of the play that mattered. It is the circumstance of the call. The kid caught the ball, ran several steps upfield, was tackled, went to the ground, and then the ball came out.

That sequence alone should have prompted a HC to challenge the call. Your excuses are off point.

If he saw that clearly from where he was I agree with you. Chances are he didn't.

Coaches make bad calls of course. What I am saying and I think it's inarguable, that most of the time the HC doesn't have nearly as much information as the guy in the booth, and his angle on the field is not usually the best, and all coaches, good and bad, have to rely on the guys on the booth in order to make the challenge or not, UNLESS the play is shown on the Jumbotron in a few different angles in enough time before the next play is run. That doesn't happen all that much but sometimes it does.

Fwiw, I don't give HC credit for making good calls either. They don't know that information and have to rely, usually, on others. We as fans don't know on any specific call what the HC may or may not know.

It's a guy that Rex surely must have say in assigning, a guy he surely sits down with to discuss situations, and of course Rex himself must assess whether he wants to use them on situationally even if told good/bad call.

whats the split in blame between Rex and Rex's advisor? Who knows but it's not fair to say he shouldn't be on any hook when there are multiple issues with it

I was only talking about whether or not it was Rex's fault, or most HC challenges are the HCs fault versus other staff members. One of the major reasons they didn't challenge it was because of the time left and the timeout situation. It could have had a major affect on whether or not the Bills had a final chance with a minute to go.

If he saw that clearly from where he was I agree with you. Chances are he didn't.

Then he's clueless. His staff ismclueless. That was a crucial play and they didn't even question it.

The proof that you are wrong here can be found in Rex's own totally ridiculous claim that the Chiefs didn't provide adequate Jumbotron replay when the guys ninth booth don't even bother with that--they simply look at the network feed.

Rex blew it because he wasn't paying attention on the most crucial play of the game at that time.

Why is anyone not mentioning the 3rd and 11 scramble that gave KC the first down when he was clearly brought down short? That play happened at the end of the quarter with plenty of time to review and challenge coming out of the commercial break.

Whoever is in charge of relaying this info to Rex needs to be fired. Unfortunately, it's probably just another one of his cronies that he brought from New Jersey. This guy really is just too stupid to be a head coach. Unlike the plethora of meatheads that populate coaching staffs throughout the league, he's one who knows how to talk a good game so he wiggled his way into a job he's clearly unqualified for.

Then he's clueless. His staff ismclueless. That was a crucial play and they didn't even question it.

The proof that you are wrong here can be found in Rex's own totally ridiculous claim that the Chiefs didn't provide adequate Jumbotron replay when the guys ninth booth don't even bother with that--they simply look at the network feed.

Rex blew it because he wasn't paying attention on the most crucial play of the game at that time.

You are not reading what he said. Not surprising.

He's saying he didn't get the replays on the Jumbotron not that the guys in the booth didn't get them. He's doing what Rex does.

You are not reading what he said. Not surprising.

He's saying he didn't get the replays on the Jumbotron not that the guys in the booth didn't get them. He's doing what Rex does.

What I said is that you didn't need any replay to question the call. Even the broadcast guys immediately questioned it before replay, ("now they are calling it incomplete!!") as did everyone in my house.

Everything you have said to excuse Rex's lack of proper action is beside the point. It was a bad call immediately.

What I said is that you didn't need any replay to question the call. Even the broadcast guys immediately questioned it before replay, ("now they are calling it incomplete!!") as did everyone in my house.

Everything you have said to excuse Rex's lack of proper action is beside the point. It was a bad call immediately.

If what you are watching is Hogan's back, and not his front (I have no idea what angle he had) you would not have seen whether he had it as a catch or not live. On TV is a completely different viewpoint. And again, there are a million things HC do on the sidelines besides watching the plays. I don't know if he was watching live or not. It seems very hard for me to believe that he was watching and had a good angle on the play live and still didn't challenge it. If that is what happened he blew the defensive game and the offensive game.

I was excited about the Rex hire, but this team has looked woefully unprepared for almost every single game. They don't seem to be able to make any in game adjustments and when the other team does, they are screwed both on offense and defense.

If what you are watching is Hogan's back, and not his front (I have no idea what angle he had) you would not have seen whether he had it as a catch or not live. On TV is a completely different viewpoint. And again, there are a million things HC do on the sidelines besides watching the plays. I don't know if he was watching live or not. It seems very hard for me to believe that he was watching and had a good angle on the play live and still didn't challenge it. If that is what happened he blew the defensive game and the offensive game.

I'm sorry, this is where we disagree, or I simply don't know what you are talking about. If he is not "watching live", he should at least ask someone who is watching live what the hell just happened.

Again, this had nothing to do with what angle you watched from. The call made no sense from any angle.

I'm sorry, this is where we disagree, or I simply don't know what you are talking about. If he is not "watching live", he should at least ask someone who is watching live what the hell just happened.

Again, this had nothing to do with what angle you watched from. The call made no sense from any angle.

It made sense from the officials. ;) Who were right there. They, of course, were wrong.

Yes they were. Absolutely everyone but Rex and his staff immediately recognized this and our conclusion was confirmed on replay review.

Let's just stop this. We just disagree and it's cool. This has been a huge deal with me since the challenge rule went into affect twenty years ago. Coaches get too much credit for making good challenges and too much blame for bad ones. A lot of times they are the ones with the least information. I don't know what happened on this one but Rex ultimately made the bad decision in two critical plays. If he put someone incompetent in charge that is on him. I don't know if that is the case or not.

But again we should just stop this. Rex !@#$ed this game up and he has screwed games up the entire year with game plans alone. The one game the entire year that was a Rex defense they played the best. I don't know how he could do what he did today, it was almost unconscionable. He screwed up. And not only did he screw up the defense but if his QB is not throwing the ball to that 14 guy, and his OC is not insisting his QB throw to that 14 guy it is incumbent upon the HC to insist his QB and OC throw to that 14 guy.

This is correct. Right now I am so upset at this coaching staff. Don't challenge the play that he should and than turn around and challenge a play that really doesn't need challenged. Why cant we get rite of all these penalties? It seems like when ever we have a good play you can count on a penalty.

This +1000

A good HC has someone upstairs to let him know if he should review. You delegate that. It shouldn't just be up to him That's on Rex. Poor organizational skills on his part.