Rex was awful- AGAIN

billsfan_34

Ridiculous use of the challenge privilege.

our sorry arse special teams is missing the best player, marcus easley.

they forgot about Sammy for the second half. Seems like every route he ran (except one) was about 90 yards downfield. He's got the shake and bake, why not use it? Hogan dropped an easy one. Woods too. They deserve to lose. They are the dumbest team in football.

But it could be worse. I could be a Rams fan.

Being a Rams fan is worse? Sure about that?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully supported the Rex hire, but I have to admit it's not looking good right now. Gotta wonder where this team would be right now if Marrone, Schwartz, and Polian were here.

Hue Jackson was supposed to be the chosen one until the Pegulas bought into Rex's bravado. Hue Kackson with Schwartz on defense would have been fantastic.

Maybe. According to him the guy in the booth didn't get the same replays. I think that is just a lie, covering for the guy. Who knows. It's really a pet peeve of mine. We don't know what replays were shown on the big screen and at what time. The last timeout that Rex didn't use for the Hogan play proved to be the difference from the Bills getting the ball back (he ended up having to use it on the TT run at the end). I understand the buck stops here concept. I just thinks fans as a whole don't understand how it works or what is said and when. It clearly didn't work today. Rex needed better info.

He was awful anyway.

I didn't say that at all. In any way.

Well, then who was watching the actual play if not the HC and OC?

But Hue does not give entertaining pc', or interviews. He is not "fun and amusing"

"is this thing on?....cuz it's gonna be..."

That should have been everyone's first warning..

This is absolutely not on Whaley. He brought in the talent, making a lot more hits than misses. I think he has the salary cap under control for the next several years. He's doing everything in his power to build this team.

It was the Rex hire that looks so bad in retrospect. Just destroyed a dominant defense, and doesn't use it to its full advantage. With a decent pass rush, Alex Smith does not hit all those long passes. The Bills were rushing four and sometimes three most of the game. Seriously? Is that how you take advantage of a O line with three starters hurt, two of whom are out? STUPID. STUBBORN.

Who knows. But you don't know if there was any angle at all to see whether it was a catch or not.

Who know"s?--great, you could join Rex's staff right now.

As for "the angle", the first replay showed it was a bad and reversible call. The planet saw that.

Who knows. But you don't know if there was any angle at all to see whether it was a catch or not.

Rex challenged the woods call because of emotion and player lobbying. He didn't even wait for the replay, for chrissake - the red flag was out before the replay had finished. Point is, he's responsible. My guess is that he no longer trusted himself when the hogan play happened -- which is another emotional "gut" reaction rather than an analytical one.

Edited by dave mcbride

Who know"s?--great, you could join Rex's staff right now.

As for "the angle", the first replay showed it was a bad and reversible call. The planet saw that.

On the replay. On the TV not on the Jumbotron. I was talking about live on the field. It was obvious it was a catch on that first replay and that is why the guy in the booth should have told Rex it was a catch.

Rex challenged the woods call because of emotion and player lobbying. He didn't even wait for the replay, for chrissake - the red flag was out before the replay had finished. Point is, he's responsible. My guess is that he no longer trusted himself when the hogan play happened -- which is another emotional "gut" reaction rather than an analytical one.

He trusted Woods on that one. It was actually a catch but a bad challenge by Rex. I'm not sticking up for him. I think he was more responsible for the loss than any player. The challenges, however, fans are mostly just flat wrong about.

Glad I am also a Panthers fan something to cheer about while the franchise in buffalo goes nowhere and stuck with this headcoach for next few years. maybe Pegulas should have hired that footballs czar first than figure out what to do with rest of the organization from gym to water boys

Edited by bills_fan_in_raleigh

On the replay. On the TV not on the Jumbotron. I was talking about live on the field. It was obvious it was a catch on that first replay and that is why the guy in the booth should have told Rex it was a catch.

He trusted Woods on that one. It was actually a catch but a bad challenge by Rex. I'm not sticking up for him. I think he was more responsible for the loss than any player. The challenges, however, fans are mostly just flat wrong about.

If you think that was a catch you are nuts. It wasn't close to being a catch.

He shouldn't listen to players in the heat of the moment, they always think they're right, amateur mistake by Ryan. So, not only Woods drops an easy pass he tells Ryan to challenge it? Both are stupid.

If you think that was a catch you are nuts. It wasn't close to being a catch.

It didn't look like it on the first two. On the last one you could see it was a catch. He had it in two hands as it hit the ground and it didn't move at all. With the weird rules they have that is a catch. There was not a good chance of it being overturned though.

Rex can't see the replay, the clowns in the booth have been wrong all year on what they have chosen to review. Maybe they should pipe in the announcers with the video, even they can do better than these clowns.

Whoever is in charge of choosing what to review needs to be replaced, yesterday.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

He shouldn't listen to players in the heat of the moment, they always think they're right, amateur mistake by Ryan. So, not only Woods drops an easy pass he tells Ryan to challenge it? Both are stupid.

Agreed. That was not going to be overturned whether it was a catch or not. It was too close.

When your guy makes a catch, runs up field, gets tackled, goes to the ground...and they call it an incomplete pass, you need to see every angle to at least ASK your staff up stairs about that play? Come on! Everyone at home was questioning that call BEFORE the replay was shown because...it made no sense!

Yet Rex and his staff could not have come to that same conclusion? Throw in the towel, your done on this one.

Rex claims the guys upstairs did t have video t review? WTF maybe someone should stay home and watch on TV and than call via cell or something to tell them to challenge oh but that would be against NFL rules however a team not providing replays of opposing teams plays is ok???? can't someone watch the CBS or Fox broadcast in the booth