Hostage Situation at Planned Parenthood in Colorado

Tiberius

The wicked witch is back. Are you saying that not a single black killer has been described as mentally deranged?

Nope, I'm saying that whenever a white guy shoots up a bunch of people the excuse is that he's mentally ill; the implication being that of course he's somehow less of a murderous villain then a "normal" person. Of course he's still a cowardly bully hiding behind a gun.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I'm saying that whenever a white guy shoots up a bunch of people the excuse is that he's mentally ill; the implication being that of course he's somehow less of a murderous villain then a "normal" person. Of course he's still a cowardly bully hiding behind a gun.

+1

By the way, it's nice to see the personal attacks are still the norm around here. I had forgotten with the passage of time that with the exception of BiB, may God rest his soul, many of you are bitter, narrow minded pinheads with no lives and too much time on your hands.

Edited by blzrul

By the way, it's nice to see the personal attacks are still the norm around here. I had forgotten with the passage of time that with the exception of BiB, may God rest his soul, many of you are bitter, narrow minded pinheads with no lives and too much time on your hands.

Hypocrite much?

Shut up, evil B word dragon lady.

:beer:

How often do you hear of schools getting shot up in France?

Are you bitching about shootings, or reporting?

How often do you hear of schools getting shot up in France?

I'm sorry who is talking about schools getting shot up in France? I'm looking for some stats that show a lot more people are harmed in this country in the name of some "cause".

I'm not bitching about anything

You're also not doing a good job of backing up your assertion.

You're ALWAYS bitching about something. Now you're bitching about bitching about your bitching...

No, not true

I'm sorry who is talking about schools getting shot up in France? I'm looking for some stats that show a lot more people are harmed in this country in the name of some "cause".

You're also not doing a good job of backing up your assertion.

No need to back up such an obvious truth

Planned Parenthood and those villainous Christians

by Jonah Goldberg

In the wake of the Colorado Springs shooting, I read a great deal about so-called Christian terrorism from liberals. I don’t think they’ve thought this through.

We’ve spent years hearing how associating Islam with terrorism is outrageous and bigoted. President Obama, Secretary of State John Kerry and Hillary Clinton have all made the case that Islamic terrorism has “nothing whatsoever” — Clinton’s words — to do with Islam. President Obama insists the Islamic State “is not Islamic.”

Even phrases such as “Muslim terrorism” are forbidden because they imply that Islam itself has something to do with terrorism. Better to talk about “death cults,” “violent extremism” and criminals. And if you have to mention religion, make sure you adorn the word with lots of specific adjectives such as “radical” and “extremist,” or deploy euphemisms such as “jihadist.”

Whether any of that is convincing is a topic for another time. Liberals insist they believe it to be true, and at least for argument’s sake, I’m happy to take them at their word.

So where is the condemnation of the phrase “Christian terrorism” (or, for that matter, “white terrorism”)? By all means, Christian leaders should denounce violent attacks on Planned Parenthood. But shouldn’t progressive leaders condemn any effort to tie Christianity with terrorism?

Apparently not. It seems taking sides against Christianity is the progressive thing to do.

In a famous speech at the National Prayer Breakfast this year, President Obama lectured Christian clergy not to get on their “high horse” about the atrocities committed by ISIL, given that Christians committed (allegedly) similar atrocities during the Crusades.

It’s difficult to catalog all the flaws with this comparison, but one problem stands above all of the rest. By laying the Crusades at the feet of Christianity, Obama was unwittingly laying ISIL's atrocities at Islam’s feet, at least rhetorically.

Consider that modern-day Council of Nicea, ABC’s The View. Joy Behar recently insisted concern over Muslim refugees was overblown. After all, Oklahoma City bomber "Timothy McVeigh was a Christian,” Behar said. “Just sayin’.”

Whoopi Goldberg (no relation) concurred. “There have been a lot of monster Christians,” she said. “Hitler was a Christian.”

Just for the record, Hitler detested Christianity, and McVeigh was an avowed agnostic who never cited Jesus as the inspiration for his crimes.

Personally, I’m opposed to all such forms of guilt by association, but it seems obvious to me that contemporary Christianity is not struggling with a Crusades problem, while Islam is certainly struggling with a jihad problem.

{snip}

And that is what responsible leaders should do. But if you are going to pursue this rhetorical path, some consistency would be nice. Consider the question of motivations. The Obama administration often warns that insulting Islam — by burning Qurans, drawing the prophet Mohammed, etc. — can invite a terrorist backlash and help Islamists win new recruits. Question: If Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Islam, why would insulting Islam invite more terrorism?

As secretary of State, Clinton worked assiduously to cast the attack on our compound in Benghazi, Libya, as nothing more than the reaction to an Internet video. After the recent Paris attacks, her successor momentarily admitted that he thought the terror attacks on the French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo earlier this year had “legitimacy.” Kerry quickly corrected himself, saying that the attacks weren’t actually legitimate but that he could still see the “rationale” behind them.

You will be hard-pressed to find any such rush to understanding — never mind the White House — when it comes to the so-called Christian terrorism in Colorado. And that’s because progressives, from the president down, are much more comfortable talking about the threat posed by the white Christian Americans who happen to vote Republican and oppose Planned Parenthood than they are discussing the threat from people determined to kill all Americans.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/12/01/planned-parenthood-christians-isil-jonah-goldberg-column/76557040/

Oh please, your tired act hasn't changed a bit and that's why it gets the proper response.

"Islamic terrorists" are religious fanatics who do violence in the name of their god based on what they believe is right and true.

"Christian terrorists" are religious fanatics who do violence in the name of their god based on what they believe is right and true.

The former is more prevalent today, but both are just two sides of the same coin, equally fervent and equally despicable. Anyone trying to disassociate the act or the perpetrator from the motivating belief system either has an agenda or is somewhat delusional.

No need to back up such an obvious truth

People who say things like this only say it because they've backed themselves into a corner with their stupidity and "Well, duh!" is their only way out.

Sadly, this represents real personal growth for you. You're trying to get yourself out of the corner, and not doubling-down on the stupid.

"Islamic terrorists" are religious fanatics who do violence in the name of their god based on what they believe is right and true.

"Christian terrorists" are religious fanatics who do violence in the name of their god based on what they believe is right and true.

The former is more prevalent today, but both are just two sides of the same coin, equally fervent and equally despicable. Anyone trying to disassociate the act or the perpetrator from the motivating belief system either has an agenda or is somewhat delusional.

So you're equating a lone nut job with a gun to an army with tanks and AK-47's. Ok...got it. :rolleyes:

Kill the white man ! He is the root of all problems