Playoff Machine is up. Have fun

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A healthy Rothlesberger to Brown makes them a threat to go deep into the playoffs. If they had Bell, I'd take them over anybody in the NFL right now

The run game will need to step up and the defense will need to play better. They have been a bit up and down all year Pittsburgh but there is no doubt they are one of the teams who could get hot and roll the whole way. Ironically whilst I think KC is more of a lock to make the playoffs than the Steelers if those two teams made it I have no doubt the Steelers would go further.

I didn't realize that.

In that case, our season isn't over if we lose tomorrow. Except Pitt would need to lose 3 not 2 assuming we lose 2 more. They are 6-4.

I guarantee you 100% the Bills won't lose tomorrow.

Also, I am confident the Bills can win on Sunday the day after tomorrow

Can't see Steelers winning all 6 remaining

Not facing Seattle and the Bengals away

Beast mode is out, but if Fred is still healthy he can fill in that role.

Hoping the Bungles regain some swagger and defeat the Steelers

Who knows what will happen with the Denver game

Just played around with it. Initial slicing and dicing suggests the obvious....we need to beat the Chiefs, Texans, Jets....

Start with the Chefs get a Win, Win a game at home against the Texans and the Bills an lose 1 of the 3 NFCE teams and the NYETS game will not matter.

The NYETS have to play the Giants, NE and Miami twice. IMO This will put them out of the WC hunt by week 17

If you look at all the most likely scenarios, it's all going to come down to us and Pitt. We win out or lose tomorrow and win the next 5- we are in unless Pitt wins all remaining games. However, we can lose tomorrow and lose another and as long as Pitt loses two, we are in. Luckily, they play Seattle in Seattle Sunday, They also go to Cinci and have Broncos come to town. So they have it fairly tough. If we lose to KC Sunday it is crucial we get a Pitt loss too. My money is on them losing Sunday and to Cinci. We can lose to KC and Washington and still go in.

Wrong. Pittsburgh is 6-4. We are 5-5. If we tie them for record we probably have the tie break. But, we are still a game behind them. We have to lose one less game than them the rest of the way.

They lose to Seattle and Cinci, we lose to KC but beat Houston we can still lose one and we are gold.

Not true. Edited by Manther

Wrong. Pittsburgh is 6-4. We are 5-5. If we tie them for record we probably have the tie break. But, we are still a game behind them. We have to lose one less game than them the rest of the way.

Not true.

Not wrong. He is saying if we lose tomorrow, and win the 5 remaining games we will be 10-6, and then if Pittsburgh lost to Seattle, and Cincinatti, they would also be 10-6, and we would hold the tie breaker.

He is a bit confusing though, mixing his scenarios.

Basically I have it coming down to:

Bills

@Chiefs

Texans

@Eagles

@Redskins

Cowboys

Dallas

Jets

Dolphins

@Giants

Titans

@Cowboys

Patriots

@Bills

Chiefs

Bills

@Raiders

Chargers

@Ravens

Browns

Raiders

Steelers

@Seahawks

Colts

@Bengals

Broncos

@Ravens

@Browns

I think schedule difficulty goes - Steelers > Jets > Bills > Chiefs, and we likely hold tiebreakers on Jets, and Steelers. A win over the Chiefs would be amazing at this point.

Edited by What a Tuel

Not wrong. He is saying if we lose tomorrow, and win the 5 remaining games we will be 10-6, and then if Pittsburgh lost to Seattle, and Cincinatti, they would also be 10-6, and we would hold the tie breaker.

I think schedule difficulty goes - Steelers > Jets > Bills > Chiefs, and we likely hold tiebreakers on Jets, and Steelers. A win over the Chiefs would be amazing at this point.

I did my worst case scenario and it's still very possible for the bills to get in at 9-7. This is with a loss to the Chiefs. The remaining games of importance would be against the Texans and Jets.

The bills would need to sweep the nfc games and win one of the other against Texans and Jets to get the sixth seed. Even with Pitt finishing at 9-7 we would still get in over them. Chiefs remaining schedule looks like a cake walk past us so I gave them a favorable 11-5 (other than against the bills, I don't see how they won't win out).

There are so many different ways to slice this thing to get us in/knock us out so basically the bills need to take care of things on their own and not worry about other teams records.

Basically I have it coming down to:

Bills

@Chiefs

Texans

@Eagles

@Redskins

Cowboys

Dallas

Jets

Dolphins

@Giants

Titans

@Cowboys

Patriots

@Bills

Chiefs

Bills

@Raiders

Chargers

@Ravens

Browns

Raiders

Steelers

@Seahawks

Colts

@Bengals

Broncos

@Ravens

@Browns

The Texans are still in it too.

Romo out in The Big D - W

Did you see the Eagles on Thanksgiving ? - W

We match up very well vs. Redskins - especially with Mario back - low scoring W

Jets at home still with Fitzy - W

Texans - 50/50, revenge game tho so 51/49 - w

Chiefs today - away, Taylor dinged, no Mario or Kyle ........

We are about to see the character of this team..

My homer glasses see 6-0 or 5-1 down the stretch - in.

The only real "negative" to come out of the Pats*** game was the potential Taylor injury. Otherwise, it's very clear to see that the Bills are pretty close to being what we would call a "good" team, worthy of a playoff spot.

There are many scenarios to get the Bills in at 9-7 or even 8-8. Bottom line -- they control their own destiny.

I would include Mario Williams

This would be the craziest thing.......perhaps ever.

It really wouldn't. San Diego did it a couple of years ago... a few things fell their way teams they were playing lost key players to injury and they finished 5-1 to go 9-7 and make the play-offs. It happens. It doesn't mean it will happen for the Bills this year but it would not be the craziest thing ever.

It really wouldn't. San Diego did it a couple of years ago... a few things fell their way teams they were playing lost key players to injury and they finished 5-1 to go 9-7 and make the play-offs. It happens. It doesn't mean it will happen for the Bills this year but it would not be the craziest thing ever.

Will you settle for don't get your hopes up?

Luckily the Jets and Dolphins will eliminate each other (or 1 will eliminate the other). Either way good work gets done.

Chiefs vs Raiders twice is also great news. Hopefully they each get a win and end up knocking each other out of the race. If KC sweeps them then Oakland is out, so that's also good.

New England* can actually serve a purpose by beating the Jets and Dolphins as well in December.

If the Bills can win the next two things are going to look VERY good!

This is the Bills we are talking about here.

I highly doubt this team wins 5 of their last 6.

The same could be said about the jets and steelers. As I said before, other than the bills, chiefs have a pretty easy schedule and could end up winning out.

The Texans are still in it too.

Eh, I don't think they will be able to hold together a winning streak that will stay in competition with the rest of the WC teams. They've got the Saints, who I believe will outscore them no matter how poor the Saints defense is.

Then they have the Bills. It will be a tough game no doubt, but they will be coming up here so hopefully we have the edge.

Then the Patriots, can't see the Pats losing here.

Then the division run of Colts, Titans, Jaguars.

I would just be shocked if they string together 4 out of 6 of those games.

Edited by What a Tuel