We are officially in AFC win-out mode (I think we are done)

Virgil

This has nothing to do with the Pats loss. I always had us losing both games. But we needed this game after the Jax debacle.

Honestly, I was impressed with the Pats game for a bit. Our D did a great job in confusing Brady, knocking him down, and only giving up 20 points. In fact, McKelvin's fumble gave them free points. Shady catches the TD, Carpenter hits that FG. This is a different game. We lost due to poor execution and some weak playcalling in the 4th by Roman. I thought he did good up until half. Was okay in the 3rd, and then just wasn't prepared for the 4th. But either way, good game that showed improvement.

Now, with that said, we are now in a position where there are only 2 spots for us to take. The Steelers will most likely grab one of them. They have Ben back and it just seems like it's theirs.

That leaves one spot. For that spot, we have to beat all of our remaining AFC opponents. That means we have to win IN KC, home against the Texans and Jets. Right now, KC is on fire and Houston keeps finding a way.

I'm going to call it now. We will lose at KC next week and that will be all she wrote.

Besides all of that. The thing that really bothers me is that we are more talented than last year and we are only two losses away from guaranteeing the same record as last year or worse. 9-7 looks hard right now.

The Bills won last night?

Lame response. Rex and the coaching staff can't execute for the players. This game was there for the taking, but our boys did not seize on the many opportunities that were there. They left a lot of plays on the field and that's not on Rex.

Season is over with a loss next week. There are too many teams that have better AFC records. A win against Houston and KC and the Bills control their own destiny.

Very true but keep in mind if you win these next 2 games you should have every tie breaker there is. You would have beaten indy/kc/houston/miami twice/jets. So it is still within reach. With that being said not too hopeful we could beat KC this week. Especially if TT is out.

All of those games are winnable. They aren't "beating the Patriots in Foxboro" odds. You are competing against Alex Smith, TJ Yates and Ryan Fitzpatrick. It's a gauntlet we can get through.

The Steelers are a huge IF given their injuries. They are about as sure a bet as we are.

This has nothing to do with the Pats loss. I always had us losing both games. But we needed this game after the Jax debacle.

Honestly, I was impressed with the Pats game for a bit. Our D did a great job in confusing Brady, knocking him down, and only giving up 20 points. In fact, McKelvin's fumble gave them free points. Shady catches the TD, Carpenter hits that FG. This is a different game. We lost due to poor execution and some weak playcalling in the 4th by Roman. I thought he did good up until half. Was okay in the 3rd, and then just wasn't prepared for the 4th. But either way, good game that showed improvement.

Now, with that said, we are now in a position where there are only 2 spots for us to take. The Steelers will most likely grab one of them. They have Ben back and it just seems like it's theirs.

That leaves one spot. For that spot, we have to beat all of our remaining AFC opponents. That means we have to win IN KC, home against the Texans and Jets. Right now, KC is on fire and Houston keeps finding a way.

I'm going to call it now. We will lose at KC next week and that will be all she wrote.

Besides all of that. The thing that really bothers me is that we are more talented than last year and we are only two losses away from guaranteeing the same record as last year or worse. 9-7 looks hard right now.

KC are paper tigers. They didn't scare me 2 years ago when they came in 8-0, they didn't scare me last year, and they certainly don't scare me this year. Jeff Tuel racked up almost 500 yards on their "dominant defense"

If not for 2 fluky plays(1 a 99 yard pick 6 by Tuel, the other a fumble by Brown going in for a TD) at their 1 yard line, we win going away in both games...they were thoroughly dominated in both games on both sides of the ball. I expect nothing different this time around, other than the outcome. We win and win relatively easily on Sunday(this is supposing we have Tyrod---with EJ...ugghh....)

Edited by matter2003

the remaining schedule is tough with all of those road games

these next two games are for the most part must win games and if they dont win them both they prob dont deserve to be in the playoffs anyway

after watching last night game i have no confidence in the passing game which doesnt even try to throw in the middle of the field...can Tyrod really not see the middle of the field? where are the screens, slants, and crossing patterns? why did they sign Clay?

this team has way too much talent to only be 5-5 and on the outside of the playoff race

Edited by Max997

Sure single out 1 game and blame EJ.

For all his "high accuracy in passing" stats he's had 4 bad games, 3 of them L's NE* 2x, NYG and Tenny.

I don't care if Jim Kelly was qb'ing that game. We shouldn't have lost to that team. That's what I'm calling out

4-2 the rest of the way gets us in unless KC or Houston win out

The 5 teams at 5-5 fighting for 2 spots are all mediocre, none of them is winning out. I agree that 4-2 is a best case scenario so we have to hope to achieve that and win the tie breakers.

I'm not sure how folks are missing the fact that we didn't need last night's game.

We need the KC and Houston games, plus 2 more wins

Seriously. Buffalo controls their own destiny more than anyone except Pittsburgh, and if they lose a game coming up then they lose their own destiny too. But whatever, Pats won. Everyone sucks. Catastrophe.

Exhibit A of BBFS.