Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning First-Year QB Stats:

Completion Percentage: 56.7

Yards Per Attempt: 6.5

Interceptions: 28 (26 TDS)

QB Rating: 71.2

W-L 3-13

Why did they keep the bum?

Tyrod is no Peyton Manning? Neither was Peyton Manning in his first year.

Bottom line: The jury is out.

http://www.peytonmanning18.com/1998.html

Edited by Robert James

We have a QB with 14 TD's vs. 4 INT and a QB rating of 101.8 and there are 42 pages of people discussing whether or not he "sucks". Take a look around the league and see how many QB's have had this level of success. Are you guys even watching the games? Tyrod has been solid if not spectacular. He is far from the reason this team is not succeeding. It comes down to coaching and play calling on both sides of the ball. This staff is trying to prove how smart they are and in the process has hamstrung the players and prevented them from winning football games that they should win.

Edited by xsoldier54

We have a QB with 14 TD's vs. 4 INT and a QB rating of 101.8 and there are 42 pages of people discussing whether or not he "sucks". Take a look around the league and see how many QB's have had this level of success. Are you guys even watching the games? Tyrod has been solid if not spectacular. He is far from the reason this team is not succeeding. It comes down to coaching and play calling on both sides of the ball. This staff is trying to prove how smart they are and in the process has hamstrung the players and prevented them from winning football games that they should win.

Many would cut off their noses to improve there looks.

Here's another stat for you. Tyrod Taylor is ranked 7th in the league according to ESPN's Total QB rating. He is ahead of Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, and a host of others. Anyone who believes that he is not a starting NFL caliber QB should look at the stats of the other QB's in the league before spouting off. Yesterday he threw 3 TD's with no picks and this nonsense goes on ad infinitum. I am seriously doubting some of my fellow Bills fans football IQ.

This isn't a debatable point.

You can argue that EJ being poor is subjective, but his numbers say otherwise. So does his W-L.

I remember watching training camp Summer '14. EJ Manuel was better than Jeff Tuel at all things, except for reading the defense, which is the most important thing. EJ throws the ball with more velocity than Brady. Tyrod is a better runner than Brady. Drew Brees is more accurate than Brady (at least historically). But Brady is the best because of his mental processing.

Here's another stat for you. Tyrod Taylor is ranked 7th in the league according to ESPN's Total QB rating. He is ahead of Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, and a host of others. Anyone who believes that he is not a starting NFL caliber QB should look at the stats of the other QB's in the league before spouting off. Yesterday he threw 3 TD's with no picks and this nonsense goes on ad infinitum. I am seriously doubting some of my fellow Bills fans football IQ.

On the other hand, anyone who thinks ESPN's Total QBR is worth anything shouldn't be spouting off either. TQBR isn't worth a bucket of warm ****.

Here's another stat for you. Tyrod Taylor is ranked 7th in the league according to ESPN's Total QB rating. He is ahead of Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, and a host of others.

Yet I (and many TBDers I suspect) would trade Tyrod heads up for any one of the guys you mentioned.

I would hardly go that far.

He shows promise. How about we go with that?

I would take Kaepernick over Taylor for the following:

-has shown slightly better mental skills

​-is much more durable

-is more appropriately sized

​-in my opinion is a more effective runner

​-can occasionally be clutch (unlike Taylor)

not sure how you measured that.

example please?

I suppose you are possibly a SF Fan too ?

I am a Bills fan. Just tired of the losing.

​From what I have seen, Taylor locks onto his primary receiver and does not see the field. So basically it comes down to either throwing it to the primary or checking it down, which is basically what he does.

​But recently I did some research on Kaepernick, and it is evident that he is atleast somewhat better in this area (of mental skill)

Spectacular at 5-6....

The Bills staff said he a is really smart and has a photographic memory. So he probably has the playbook down even though the game plan changes each week.

Either they are limiting him or he hasn't reached a comfort zone with his players.

I might guess its is both. And my reasoning for preaching patience.

We all might have been expecting too much too soon.

Just my opinion.

Meant no offense UB

: )

Kaepernick is all but done as a starting QB in this league. His slow throwing motion along with his recognition issues make him consistently late with the ball. He was exposed last year when teams made it a point to contain him in the pocket and make him beat them from there. He failed miserably.

GO BILLS!!!

Forced to throw from the pocket. Do you mean like how Bellichick did to Taylor a week ago@ how did that turn out

That's exactly what I mean. If Taylor doesn't learn to be successful from the pocket on a consistent basis, his days as a starter will numbered as well. He does a couple things better than Kaepernick though; chiefly keeps his eyes downfield and doesn't always look to take off and his throwing motion doesn't waste the valuable time that allows DBs to recover like Kaepernick's does. Those nanoseconds are critical at this level.

GO BILLS!!!