If Belichick were coach of Bills

finn

I'm not a big fan of "what If? history, but as a thought exercise the notion sheds light on the two coaches' abilities. Under Belicheck, the Bills would more likely win tonight because they would be disciplined, focused, innovative, responsive and prepared. Under Ryan, the Patriots would more likely choke because they would be distracted by his grandstanding, take stupid penalties and play right into Belicheck's schemes. (The Bills would also be more likely to win with Belicheck because they would cheat.)

Rex Ryan predictably wins the contest at the podium.

Bill Belichick predictably wins the contest on the field.

If you want to garner attention Ryan is the man for the job.

If you want to garner wins BB is the man for the job.

From a coaching standpoint Ryan is a pygmy compared to BB.

Rex Ryan predictably wins the contest at the podium.

Bill Belichick predictably wins the contest on the field.

If you want to garner attention Ryan is the man for the job.

If you want to garner wins BB is the man for the job.

From a coaching standpoint Ryan is a pygmy compared to BB.

Amen

I'm not a big fan of "what If? history, but as a thought exercise the notion sheds light on the two coaches' abilities. Under Belicheck, the Bills would more likely win tonight because they would be disciplined, focused, innovative, responsive and prepared. Under Ryan, the Patriots would more likely choke because they would be distracted by his grandstanding, take stupid penalties and play right into Belicheck's schemes. (The Bills would also be more likely to win with Belicheck because they would cheat.)

If the Pats still have Brady, they are still more likely to win than we are.

"Please. Belichick was a dead man walking before Brady pulled his ass out of the fire."

I disagree. I think Belichick has it figured out, and he happens to have a Brady. It happens (e.g., Montana/Rice). Belichick shut down the K-Gun single handedly. That Giants team wasn't in the same league as the Bills, especially their defense against the Bills offense, yet they won the game. I think he would have figured out how to slow down Brady, while improving the odds with discipline, etc. Ryan, meanwhile, hasn't shown anything on this team. He appears to be a fool.

If BB was the coach of the Bills, we'd most likely have a super bowl ring or two by now. We would have been caught for cheating (spy gate). NFL fans outside Buffalo would despise us. Tom Brady wouldn't be as good as he is without BB. My guess is Brady would be on the level like Rivers or Romo in terms of production.