NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

Brady helping recruit Durant, as much as I hate that ass clown I have to give him props. Spending time recruiting on a holiday weekend for one of the wealthiest men walking the planet. Can you cheat at recruiting? If so Tom is all over it.

During the entire process I have never actually considered KD coming to Boston. After the OKC run in the playoffs I was sure that the concept was just a dream. Here I sit...waiting....for the decision. Maybe it's the beers but I feel like something is brewing.

apparently KD has told the Clippers they are out, and could make his decision as soon as tonight or tomorrow. I hate Brady but I really would be thrilled to see Durant go to Boston. Maybe Brady could finally be useful to me. I always thought it was a decent possibility actually, that he could go to the Celts. But I'm expecting him to go back to OKC so as not to be disappointed. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If KD's goal is to wins title, I just don't see how the Celts fit. They need more than KD to beat the Cavs.

It would be a new model, can you win with elite defense in a league that doesn't allow much contact? Celts have some of the better young defenders in the league. Bradley, Crowder, and Smart are all above average on the defensive end. With the addition of an elite scorer in Durant and a solid big guy in Horford I could see them creating problems for teams. Could they beat the Cavs if Lebron and Kyrie play as well as they did in the finals? I doubt it, but I dont think OKC could either. Would Kyrie go off like that if Smart and Bradley are rotating on him? I highly doubt it.

If the NBA is going to continue to let teams be physical in the later rounds of the playoffs that could be an equalizer for a young and aggressive Celts team. Probably have a better chance of winning the mega millions than Durant coming here but it's made for a fun weekend so far.

KD/Horford/Bradley/Crawford/Thomas > Cavs (can't count on kyrie to not get hurt again either)

I don't think so. I'd still take the Cavs over that crew.

It would be a new model, can you win with elite defense in a league that doesn't allow much contact? Celts have some of the better young defenders in the league. Bradley, Crowder, and Smart are all above average on the defensive end. With the addition of an elite scorer in Durant and a solid big guy in Horford I could see them creating problems for teams. Could they beat the Cavs if Lebron and Kyrie play as well as they did in the finals? I doubt it, but I dont think OKC could either. Would Kyrie go off like that if Smart and Bradley are rotating on him? I highly doubt it.

If the NBA is going to continue to let teams be physical in the later rounds of the playoffs that could be an equalizer for a young and aggressive Celts team. Probably have a better chance of winning the mega millions than Durant coming here but it's made for a fun weekend so far.

OKC maybe not, but the Clippers/Warriors could. I love Stevens and I like the Celtics roster makeup, but they need more than Durant/Horford to make the Finals, IMO.

I don't think so. I'd still take the Cavs over that crew.

OKC maybe not, but the Clippers/Warriors could. I love Stevens and I like the Celtics roster makeup, but they need more than Durant/Horford to make the Finals, IMO.

Who on the Cavs is anything besides Lebron and Kyrie ? Don't be fooled by the garbage that is the east.

Brad Stevens is the man!

Who on the Cavs is anything besides Lebron and Kyrie ? Don't be fooled by the garbage that is the east.

Brad Stevens is the man!

Lebron and Kyrie > Durant and Horford.

The Celtics lost to a garbage East team in the first round in 6 games. I think you're being fooled by the garbage. They aren't a powerhouse waiting to strike.

Lebron and the Cavs beat the best team in NBA history. Sure they walked to get there, but they have as much talent as most of the Western Conference powerhouses.

Maybe the Durant and Horford additions can get the Celts to take the Hawks to 7. Kyle Korver and Millsap are scared.

Edited by FireChan

You aren't very good at talking basketball. Cavs>that roster easily.

Yea dude. Shumpert, JR, what's his name and what's his name and what's his name are sweet.

Lebron and Kyrie > Durant and Horford.

The Celtics lost to a garbage East team in the first round in 6 games. I think you're being fooled by the garbage. They aren't a powerhouse waiting to strike.

Lebron and the Cavs beat the best team in NBA history. Sure they walked to get there, but they have as much talent as most of the Western Conference powerhouses.

Maybe the Durant and Horford additions can get the Celts to take the Hawks to 7. Kyle Korver and Millsap are scared.

Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder were hurt. I'm in on Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown.

If the C's get KD, let me know what the bet is. I'll take you and jerkys cash via PayPal.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Yea dude. Shumpert, JR, what's his name and what's his name and what's his name are sweet.

Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder were hurt. I'm in on Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown.

If the C's get KD, let me know what the bet is. I'll take you and jerkys cash via PayPal.

Jae Crowder the household name!

They won't. KD ain't stupid.

Jae Crowder the household name!

They won't. KD ain't stupid.

Jae Crowder was cash money last year. Did you watch the Celtics ?

They just need some beef upfront. Horford is the beef.

I'm all in on the Joakim Noah rebirth. Let's go Knicks.

Jae Crowder was cash money last year. Did you watch the Celtics ?

They just need some beef upfront. Horford is the beef.

I'm all in on the Joakim Noah rebirth. Let's go Knicks.

Jae was a good player, but calling Cavs bodies "what's his name" could easily be applied to Smart and Crowder and Bradley and everyone else on their roster outside of Thomas.

It's a team where everyone is great role player. And teams like that get their HC a lot of praise for dragging them to the postseason, but they get that praise because they should suck.

Knicks are building that 2010 dream team baby. Like a Phoenix from the ashes, Noah and Rose with zero good knees between them.

Jae was a good player, but calling Cavs bodies "what's his name" could easily be applied to Smart and Crowder and Bradley and everyone else on their roster outside of Thomas.

It's a team where everyone is great role player. And teams like that get their HC a lot of praise for dragging them to the postseason, but they get that praise because they should suck.

Knicks are building that 2010 dream team baby. Like a Phoenix from the ashes, Noah and Rose with zero good knees between them.

Agree to disagree. Avery Bradley's 2 way game is cash money.

Top tier defender at his position and Smart has balls for days. Jmo. Not a fan of the Cavs roster minus Lebron, Kyrie, and Tristan.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Cavs don't have much depth and had no draft picks this year. They are still a good team but if they don't stay healthy they will be passed this year. Not a fan of the Cavs but glad they beat GS, that team annoys me.

If Durant doesn't go to Boston I hope he signs a one-year deal in OKC so they get another crack at it next year. Love how Ainge is building that team. Future is very bright and their coach is so good it can make up for some of the talent gap that might be there against the Cavs. Horford signing was huge.

Edited by YoloinOhio