NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

I agree that most of that list was made up of guys that had different types of talent and thus are hard to compare. Kobe in his prime would not have won with the Cavs this year IMO. From that list only Magic and Jordan get it done with the Cavs. That doesn't mean I think Lebron is better than the rest of those guys, just that Magic and Jordan made players around them so much better. Kobe made them want to leave....I'm not questioning his talent. I think Lebron makes others around him better at times, but not like Magic or Jordan. I don't really know about Russell's impact on other guys, but from the rest of the list I think I'd put Lebron third in helping others get better. Maybe Bird is there too. Still, in that particular trait I think Magic is even above Jordan. He was really something.

Other players to go on there? Robertson? Chamberlain?

I disagree. What bad teams did Jordan or Magic ever drag to the Finals? They certainly made players around them better, but neither to the extent that LeBron did when he took that awful 2007 Cavs team to the Finals.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. What bad teams did Jordan or Magic ever drag to the Finals? They certainly made players around them better, but neither to the extent that LeBron did when he took that awful 2007 Cavs team to the Finals.

They lost dude. Is Dwight Howard better than Jordan because he dragged that Magic team?

Injured iggy, curry, bogut only reason we having this convo.

Lebrons passing and athleticism is off the charts though.

i really don't think it's excuses, but it is unfortunate, much like last year when Love and Irving went down. You always want to see 2 healthy squads go at each other, and if you lose an important piece it's a serious blow, but ya gotta try to overcome.

Saw this today on facebook and it cracked me up!!! :lol:

post-307-0-22814200-1466603180_thumb.jpg

Here we go excuses...

Edited by The Poojer

i really don't think it's excuses, but it is unfortunate, much like last year when Love and Irving went down. You always want to see 2 healthy squads go at each other, and if you lose an important piece it's a serious blow, but ya gotta try to overcome.

Even with them healthy they weren't going to win. Curry choked worse then his shoes look. Edited by Beef Jerky

They lost dude. Is Dwight Howard better than Jordan because he dragged that Magic team?

So the answer is no, they didn't. Thanks.

Injured iggy, curry, bogut only reason we having this convo.

Nah. Injured Irving, Love and even Shump (if we're including guys with ouchies like Iggy and Curry) are the only reason Golden State won last year.

Even with them healthy they weren't going to win. Curry choked worse then his shoes look.

Yea okay. Bogut > varejao is easily a 4 point swing.

Big ups to JR smith for erasing the 8 point lead.

So the answer is no, they didn't. Thanks.

Nah. Injured Irving, Love and even Shump (if we're including guys with ouchies like Iggy and Curry) are the only reason Golden State won last year.

I'm hoping Dirk goes to GSW. Then they can bust out those brooms on "the land" next year.

I'm hoping Dirk goes to GSW. Then they can bust out those brooms on "the land" next year.

Haha. Dirk there would be scary.

Excuse after excuse.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/steph-currys-game-7-was-one-of-the-worst-choke-jobs-in-nba-finals-history/

Edited by Beef Jerky

Kerr played Varejao way to much, he could have went small and stayed small. He also didn't play Mo the final two games of the series which made me angry, the big man can shoot and it would have helped with spacing. Festus is useless, he got more minutes. Kerr had Curry on the bench for the first 2 minutes of the 4th quarter in game 7. Kerr went small and opened up a lead in the third quarter, then he brought Festus in and watched the lead quickly evaporate.

Curry didn't play well, he should have differed to Klay down the stretch in game 7. I don't want to hear about Dirk or Durant going to GS, even with the injuries they had enough to win. Why stick with Barnes for that entire slump? Play Brandon Rush or the young kid and hope to catch a spark from your bench. So many things he could have done with a talented bench but he stayed the course even when it was evident things weren't working.

DRose to Knicks

Gimme Jimmy Butler to the Cs now. Fire sale in chi town

You think they will move Butler? I think he will be the guy they try to build a team around. From what I'm hearing around here all the talk is with the Sixers...they want to trade Okafor or Noel for 3 but the Celts want Embiid.

You think they will move Butler? I think he will be the guy they try to build a team around. From what I'm hearing around here all the talk is with the Sixers...they want to trade Okafor or Noel for 3 but the Celts want Embiid.

i have heard rumors of him going to Boston. If anyone can pull it off, it's Danny Ainge. Edited by YoloinOhio