Scott Chandler

Kirby Jackson

This just in, Scott Chandler is still a bad football player. Despite what many here believed to be a Pro Bowl year, Chandler has looked like the same unathletic borderline #2 TE that he was here. I don't know where everyone went that was predicting a monster year from a below average player but here's Mike Reiss to tell you more: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4787682/exploring-why-te-scott-chandler-hasnt-had-more-impact-with-patriots

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in, Scott Chandler is still a bad football player. Despite what many here believed to be a Pro Bowl year, Chandler has looked like the same unathletic borderline #2 TE that he was here. I don't know where everyone went that was predicting a monster year from a below average player but here's Mike Reiss to tell you more: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4787682/exploring-why-te-scott-chandler-hasnt-had-more-impact-with-patriots

I'm right here to admit that things haven't gone as I expected. The season isn't over yet though, so I didn't feel the need to jump the gun.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. It will be cool when others on the board do the same...

Edited by HoF Watkins

The Spiller thread is waiting for you...

Ha ha, didn't see it but I was wrong. I thought (and still do) that his skill set would be perfect in Payton's offense. Well, that certainly hasn't happened and I wasted 2 different fantasy picks on him. There's something with Spiller that just doesn't add up. He should be a dynamic weapon (a rich man's Dion Lewis) but he just can't play.

Ha ha, didn't see it but I was wrong. I thought (and still do) that his skill set would be perfect in Payton's offense. Well, that certainly hasn't happened and I wasted 2 different fantasy picks on him. There's something with Spiller that just doesn't add up. He should be a dynamic weapon (a rich man's Dion Lewis) but he just can't play.

In fairness, I thought he would do well there too. Voted for him over Chandler in that thread.

Clay is clearly better than Chandler. But who among our other tight ends is better than Chandler? Or for that matter, Lee Smith? None, as far as I can see.

the article is about the discrepancy in what the Pats thought they were getting and expected (a return to their 2 TE sets like with Gronk/Hernandez) and what they actually got (Chandler, who isn't close to Hernandez talent-wise). Not about why Buffalo cut him. He didn't fit the TE role in Roman's system and he wasn't good enough to change the system and be put out there as just a mediocre pass catcher taking up a spot.

There were actually pats media and fans declaring before the season that they had two elite TEs. I wanted to know who the hell the other one was. Chandler is a depth TE and they see that now. Not sure why they had their sites set so high.

Edited by YoloinOhio

the article is about the discrepancy in what the Pats thought they were getting and expected (a return to their 2 TE sets like with Gronk/Hernandez) and what they actually got (Chandler, who isn't close to Hernandez talent-wise). Not about why Buffalo cut him. He didn't fit the TE role in Roman's system and he wasn't good enough to change the system and be put out there as just a mediocre pass catcher taking up a spot.

There were actually pats media and fans declaring before the season that they had two elite TEs. I wanted to know who the hell the other one was. Chandler is a depth TE and they see that now. Not sure why they had their sites set so high.

IIRC, he was the star of OTA's and early training camp.

The only issue I ever had with releasing Chandler, was counting our chickens before they hatched and releasing him before Clay was officially ours. However, he is, so no harm no foul. Clay, clearly an upgrade over Chandler.

They had a plan and chandler was not a part of the offense he is the opposite of what Roman wants I see no problem with it. He's not a quick or multi purpose TE

I was actually more confident with them after the move