In preparation for MNF, we need to R-E-L-A-X!

Let's face it, the last decade and a half, the Patriots have owned us.

We know that. The players know that and the brass knows it.

Since 2001, the Bills have fielded the following QBs against New England's ONE future hall of famer:

Rob Johnson-0 wins vs. NE

Drew Bledsoe- 1 win vs. NE

J.P.Losman- 0 wins vs. NE

Trent Edwards- 0 wins vs. NE

Ryan Fitzpatrick- 1 win vs. NE

EJ Manuel- 0 wins vs. NE

Kyle Orton -1 win vs. NE (backups)

Tyrod Taylor- 0 wins vs. NE

The Patriots are a great franchise, make no mistake about it. Yes, they are not without controversy, but this kind of dominance gets into the head of an opponent after a while. It has to!

Its not supposed to be this lopsided. Hell, even as inconsistent as the Jets and Dolphins have been over this span, they've even nabbed a few here and there against Brady and Belichick!

For the most part, the Bills / Pats series in this span has been more competitive than you think. Though the majority of the decisions have gone to the evil empire, the Bills have actually played New England tough, and in fact, play them tougher in Foxborough!

Yes, I am expecting more of the same unnecessary bravado from Rex this week. But for once, I'd just like him to shut up. To not put so much pressure on his squad with his words like he did in the meeting leading up to the week 2, "eat your damn words, we still own you" game at the Ralph.

Look, I love Rex's confidence. But let's face it, over the years, more often than not, his team's haven't backed it up. This team has shown glimpses of brilliance, especially offensively, at times this year.

They've also shown just how undisciplined, inept, lost and disappointing they can be, especially defensively!

This is game NOBODY expects us to win. This is a game NOBODY will pick us to win! The very fact that we're only a 7 point dog in this game is astonishing enough given their dominance over us. Perhaps the injuries to Edelman and Dion Lewis contributed to this.

This should be a week to just be quiet, go about our business, start fresh and forget about the past. Easier said than done, I know.

But with the right mindset, with the right game plan, with the right preparation, anything's possible.

The Packers lost at home to the 1-7 Lions...

Ronda Rousey lost her 1st UFC fight...

The previously unbeaten Bengals lost at home to TJ freakin' Yates and the Texans...

Why stop there?!...

#GoBills

Our last 3 MNF games were all stressful heartbreakers.. don't know if I can take another one.

38. Oct. 8, 2007: Cowboys 25 at Bills 24 (L)

- I remember laying on the ground on my stomach devastated after Nick Folk? hit that kick

39. Nov. 17, 2008: Browns 29 at Bills 27 (L)

- I believe Brady Quinn beat us in this one... wish I could burn this game from my brain

40. Sep. 14, 2009: Bills 24 at Patriots 25 (L)

- Leodis.. Leodis.. Leodis...

Here is some stats that will scare you.Brady is a combined 29-0 against Atlanta, Chicago, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Dallas, Philadelphia and Tampa Bay over the course of his career.Also he is .500 or better against the rest. He is just that good. I wish he was a Bill all these years!

I will be completely relaxed as I'll more than likely be watching something else by halftime. forget this one, accept the inevitable 5-5 record, and hope the team can pile up some wins the rest of the way out. I've never been this pessimistic, but there is nothing wrong with knowing when your team is just not good enough to beat another team, and this sadly is just the case.

The Bills just don't have a very good defense this year thanks to their egotistical head coach, and not nearly as good as the patriots on offense. Nothing wrong with giving 100% and showing some character in this game, but for anyone to expect a win on Monday is just not facing facts.

Here is some stats that will scare you.Brady is a combined 29-0 against Atlanta, Chicago, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Dallas, Philadelphia and Tampa Bay over the course of his career.Also he is .500 or better against the rest. He is just that good. I wish he was a Bill all these years!

And the really frustrating thing is, he looks like he could play another 5+ years the way he's going. Hopefully whenever he retires, we have the pieces still to actually win the division :lol:

I will be completely relaxed as I'll more than likely be watching something else by halftime. forget this one, accept the inevitable 5-5 record, and hope the team can pile up some wins the rest of the way out. I've never been this pessimistic, but there is nothing wrong with knowing when your team is just not good enough to beat another team, and this sadly is just the case.

The Bills just don't have a very good defense this year thanks to their egotistical head coach, and not nearly as good as the patriots on offense. Nothing wrong with giving 100% and showing some character in this game, but for anyone to expect a win on Monday is just not facing facts.

I don't think any realistic fan is "expecting" the Bills to win.

The Bills have, however, played the Pats tougher in Foxboro. And the Pats are without Edelman, Lewis and a good chunk of their o-line.

Plus, we're getting healthier. Games gonna come down to three things:

Rex's game plan vs. Belicheats game plan.

How much pressure is put on Tom Brady.

Who's covering Gronk.

But hey, have you noticed that in a lot of these New England week threads and articles on this site what's NOT being talked about? OUR offense. Hopefully, all the talk about Brady and their offense combined with the lack of talk of our weapons on offense is a little extra motivation for Tyrod, Shady and Sammy.

We ARE 4-1 when we have all three.

I say rest the starters, treat it as a bye week and don't even dress Watkins, McCoy, TT, Darius, Gilmore or Darby. Accept your bi-annual #ss pounding and focus on the rest of the games. History suggests (and the refs will make sure) that the Bills have no chance here. It's not worth the ulcer watching this thing.

Edited by davspo

I say rest the starters, treat it as a bye week and don't even dress Watkins, McCoy, TT, Darius, Gilmore or Darby. Accept your bi-annual #ss pounding and focus on the rest of the games. History suggests (and the refs will make sure) that the Bills have no chance here. It's not worth the ulcer watching this thing.

amazing approach.

Yes, I am expecting more of the same unnecessary bravado from Rex this week. But for once, I'd just like him to shut up. To not put so much pressure on his squad with his words like he did in the meeting leading up to the week 2, "eat your damn words, we still own you" game at the Ralph.

I honestly think that was more a media creation than anything else. Go back and listen to his press conferences leading up to that game.