[closed]The criticism of Tyrod Taylor

NextYearGuys

agree....

If you spend enough time on here there are still people who insist EJ got screwed out of the starting QB job even though they didn't watch any practices and only saw a few preseason quarters. You can usually detect these types as they also insist that WGR was biased against EJ and had some sort of agenda by wanting Taylor to win the job. The Taylor "haters" are pretty much the same people as the last EJ holder-onners.

people are not finding ways to hate on taylor. he's 4-2. i realize you can't start a post that just compliments what we already know about TT, so you had to create this argument, but no one is hating on taylor.

Again, some are but it's not many at this point. He is actually 5-2; 4-1 with a healthy Watkins and 4-0 with a healthy Watkins against teams not named the Patriots.

I think some people just don't want to see anything that looks like a "running" QB. To them, a great QB is a big guy with a big arm who stays in the pocket no matter what, pocket presence and intangibles be damned. I think they are living in the past, and their takes on all things football are usually wrong, but they are entitled to their opinion. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rico

My advice, stop worrying about the vocal minority. I am quite sure the vast majority of Bills fans are happy with Tyrod's play.

Good post. I wish I could follow your advice. I just have a hard time letting it go when people are so wrong. What happened to the "running backs are all the same, I can't believe we traded Alonso for McCoy" guy who was making all that noise two weeks ago?

TT definitely has his flaws, but he's also the best QB we've had in a long while. Nothing wrong with acknowledging both the good and bad. :)

Totally agree. That he's only played 8 7 NFL games and is producing like this is exciting. Can't wait to see his continued progression.

Edited by NickelCity

TT is one of the bright spots for this franchise.

He needs experience to get better... This is his 1st year as a starter, and he has very little pro game experience before he came to Buffalo

For him to be doing what he is doing at this point is quite impressive

Now if the OL can get a little more consistent and the running game can continue to get better we wlil be in fine shape... although I will always be confident that this franchise will still find ways to break our hearts

Edited by ddaryl

I haven't seen a lot of hate towards Tyrod (if any).

I have seen people being realistic about this strengths and weaknesses (every QB has both). I have also seen people exaggerating about Tyrod's play and overstating it. People have different opinions. That is the reason boards like this exist, so people of opposing views can debate them. If you are overly sensitive about any sort of honest critiquing of Tyrod's play (or that of any other players), maybe a message board is not the place for you.

You need to look closer

We have a minority (a extremely small minority) that degrade Tyrod's play at every opportunity and have already said he he is not answer

His detractors do exist and it has nothing to do with critiqing strength and weakness with them.....it is about explaining away any positives he might have accomplished in the hopes that their agenda is realized.

Unfortunately for them and fortunately for the bills.....Tyrod continues to find a way

5-2 as a starter

I'm in the camp that supports EJ and still thinks Tyrod is a better QB right now. Tyrod the best since Kelly? It's still early, but he's definitely in the conversation with Flutie and Bledsoe. I'm looking forward to the Cheats game, it will be a good measuring stick to see where Tyrod is against the best.

people are not finding ways to hate on taylor. he's 4-2. i realize you can't start a post that just compliments what we already know about TT, so you had to create this argument, but no one is hating on taylor.

The "flaws" in TT's game are the same "flaws" in every QB. You don't complete every pass. You don't see every open receiver. You throw an ill-timed INT. EVERY QB DOES THAT (except Tom Terrific.) Plus we assume QBs are supermen who win games by themselves. Bills players are viewed under a microscope so every supposed weakness in magnified. But we lose perspective because we mostly only see highlights of other QBs. We also tend to value other teams players higher than our own (for the reason stated above.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You need to look closer

We have a minority (a extremely small minority) that degrade Tyrod's play at every opportunity and have already said he he is not answer

His detractors do exist and it has nothing to do with critiqing strength and weakness with them.....it is about explaining away any positives he might have accomplished in the hopes that their agenda is realized.

Unfortunately for them and fortunately for the bills.....Tyrod continues to find a way

5-2 as a starter

There certainly are a few at the negative extreme, just as there are some at the positive extreme ready to anoint Taylor as the savior of the franchise. I tend to live more in the middle. He has done good things and bad. As has the rest of the team. Everything good that happens is not all solely because of him and the same goes for everything bad. I am encouraged by his play so far and I am excited to see how the rest of the season progresses. I do get annoyed by the stat geeks. "TT has the highest completion percentage in the league". Sure but he throws it 12 times a game. Stats can be found to support just about any argument. "Tyrod singlehandedly won the Titans game". Ok fine, but he also contributed to possibly losing it by his poor play throwing the ball for most of that game. Etc.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.