Refugee Crisis in Europe

3 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Ad hominem

You made a fallacious extrapolation of personal experience to the population at large, and I made a sarcastic observation that your logic is invalid, that concerned the content of the statement you made, and not the person making it.

That's not an ad hominem attack.  That's an ad retardum attack.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

You made a fallacious extrapolation of personal experience to the population at large, and I made a sarcastic observation that your logic is invalid, that concerned the content of the statement you made, and not the person making it.

That's not an ad hominem attack.  That's an ad retardum attack.

Strawman fallacy

Might as well put this here since this is sort of what happened in Europe.

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=35279?omhide=true

Muslim students at Loyola University in Chicago say the Catholic institution’s celebration of Christmas highlights an unfortunate indifference to holidays like Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha.

A recent column in the Loyola Phoenix by writer Sajedah Al-khzaleh, “Religious Holidays Aren’t Represented Equally on Campus,” bemoans her school’s focus on Catholic traditions while those of other faiths are downplayed, adding that the private Jesuit university founded in 1870 should do more to make international students feel comfortable.

“Although Loyola fosters a space for non-Christian religions to practice their faith — such as in the Damen Student Center’s second floor of Ministry Offices for Muslim, Hindu and Jewish students — there is a lack of public festivity compared to Christmas, such as decorations and activities of other religions’ holidays the entire student body could be part of,” the author wrote.

But the Eid is celebrated only among Loyola Muslim students themselves, which includes a morning prayer service and a dinner, according to Ahmed. Decorations aren’t hung on campus buildings nor activities hosted by the university.

14 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Might as well put this here since this is sort of what happened in Europe.

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=35279?omhide=true

Muslim students at Loyola University in Chicago say the Catholic institution’s celebration of Christmas highlights an unfortunate indifference to holidays like Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha.

A recent column in the Loyola Phoenix by writer Sajedah Al-khzaleh, “Religious Holidays Aren’t Represented Equally on Campus,” bemoans her school’s focus on Catholic traditions while those of other faiths are downplayed, adding that the private Jesuit university founded in 1870 should do more to make international students feel comfortable.

“Although Loyola fosters a space for non-Christian religions to practice their faith — such as in the Damen Student Center’s second floor of Ministry Offices for Muslim, Hindu and Jewish students — there is a lack of public festivity compared to Christmas, such as decorations and activities of other religions’ holidays the entire student body could be part of,” the author wrote.

But the Eid is celebrated only among Loyola Muslim students themselves, which includes a morning prayer service and a dinner, according to Ahmed. Decorations aren’t hung on campus buildings nor activities hosted by the university.

Sure.  As soon as King Fahd University starts celebrating Christmas, we'll get right on that.

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Sure.  As soon as King Fahd University starts celebrating Christmas, we'll get right on that.

They come to a country full of infidels, enroll in a university that personifies the Christian religion and expect that university to bend to their customs. F'em.

37 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

...reductio ad absurdum is a technique to expose the fallacy.

Emphasis mine.  Jesus, you are a !@#$ing moron.  :lol:

I have that book.  You should read anything else, since you wouldn't understand it.

32 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

You can't read either :lol: this is too much

Too bad he doesn't realize he just gave an excellent example of the gatorman fallacy.

47 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I have that book.  You should read anything else, since you wouldn't understand it.

Too bad he doesn't realize he just gave an excellent example of the gatorman fallacy.

Can u quote where it doesnt expose your fallacy

???

So hilarious

47 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I said reductio ad absurdum

( because) your argument taken to its end is absurdity...

Are ppl really this stupid?

Im sincerely wondering

U must be trolling. Nobody is this dumb

Edited by westerndecline