Suh "Sack

peterpan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now thinking that the non-call on that hold (clearly visible to the refs) may have been payback for the f-bombs Suh directed at them on the previous play. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case - i have to think that the refs hate that sort of verbal abuse.

That's a really good point.

It was not going to be a horse collar. He worked his hands outside of the collar on the final spin. He wouldnt have suplexed him but he most certainly could have legally tackled him

he most likely could have killed him too. i bet he thought about it.

Think about what Tyrod did in that play. He went one on one with Suh and would not go down. fought the whole time.

Dude.

Tyrod, My Man

That's a really good point.

no its really really a bad point. Especially if true

Suh was in no position to slam TT to the ground. All he could have done was what he attempted to do, which was spin-throw him to the ground, and that's not a penalty. But TT kept his feet, spun around to face upfield, and threw the ball away to avoid a sack. To blow the play dead, Suh would have had to have complete control over TT and that obviously wasn't the case. I'm not sure where in that sequence anyone expects the refs should have blown the whistle, unless we want to start making the NFL two-hand touch, which would negate a lot of great plays.

I disagree. I don't think a 300 plus pound man in that position would have any trouble. All he had to do when he had Tyrod in the "whip" was arch his back and Tyrod would have found himself with his feet off the ground.

Similarly, Suh used profanity in the direction of an official...the 2015 rulebook prohibits such language and labels it an unsportsmanlike conduct. He's lucky he wasn't flagged.

I think that rule is more so for offensive language directed at the ref. Those guys are 30 year olds i dare anyone to tell them that they can't curse. There have to be parameters

its actually a penalty that should have been called

I don't disagree.

I disagree. I don't think a 300 plus pound man in that position would have any trouble. All he had to do when he had Tyrod in the "whip" was arch his back and Tyrod would have found himself with his feet off the ground.

Easier said than done. TT's 215# and Suh arching his back so as to lift TT off the ground would probably have done some damage to Suh, which is why he didn't attempt it first. Instead he tried to spin him down, failed, and TT was able to avoid the sack.

TT was able stay at arms reach while running. best he could have done was pulled him into himself and crush him.

Like i said Tyrod made one seriously amazing play to not die. and then chuck the ball somehow

I'm now thinking that the non-call on that hold (clearly visible to the refs) may have been payback for the f-bombs Suh directed at them on the previous play. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case - i have to think that the refs hate that sort of verbal abuse.

Excellent point. I mean, so obvious. It couldn't have been missed and you know the Refs are looking at Suh on that play as he has a history for losing his cool. I was worried he would go incredible hulk on that play and he did, thankfully he pissed the refs off so much they stuck it to him

I don't disagree.

Easier said than done. TT's 215# and Suh arching his back so as to lift TT off the ground would probably have done some damage to Suh, which is why he didn't attempt it first. Instead he tried to spin him down, failed, and TT was able to avoid the sack.

Grey area on the play, clearly. Some feel Suh could have done his damage but we all know Tyrod is not easy to bring down. Either way I will say props to Tyrod. No fear and an excellent play getting rid of the ball.

Grey area on the play, clearly. Some feel Suh could have done his damage but we all know Tyrod is not easy to bring down. Either way I will say props to Tyrod. No fear and an excellent play getting rid of the ball.

Definitely. And for the most part, ref will err on the side of letting things play out if the QB isn't truly under complete control of the defender. Especially mobile QB's.

Everyone in this thread knows that a horse collar tackle means the tackler has their hand inside the collar and pulls the runner down backwards, right? Looks like he grabbed his shoulder not his collar, but Tyrod did benefit from a bad hc call a few weeks back so who knows I guess. I don't want to see anyone hurt but I side with Suh, slam the **** out of the qb.

yep...

yet week(s) ago we saw a horse collar flag thrown on a similar sack to Tyrod and when the Bills grabbed the jersey much lower it wasn't called.

WOW :w00t::wub: a would ya post hot daymn. The Suh - non sack is all explained in the link

http://www.freep.com/videos/sports/nfl/lions/2015/11/09/75478264/

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Hahahahahaahahahahahahaha!!! I hope that's true because it is so ridiculous that it is a perfect example of what the game is becoming! :)

Or, maybe after 15 years of deliberately screwing over the Bills every game, the NFL thought that Bills fans were catching on to them so they deliberately made calls for the Bills in this one game to throw Bills fans off the track.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It was a sack. If that was Hughes and Brady we would be screaming for a sack.

I love how no one is complaining about the officiating in this game. The Bills were gifted a TD there with the missed sack and the missed hold on the next play.

No.

I'd be calling for Hughes to actually wrap up the QB as opposed to getting only one hand on him and allowing him to throw the ball away.

I detest bad officiating on either side. This situation simply isn't going to get called.

It's very similar to Nigel Bradham getting a DPI against Dion Lewis in Week 2: Bradham never touched him, but he didn't turn his head around. Even though face guarding is technically not a penalty in the NFL, that's simply how the officials call it, and so he gets flagged.

Is it fair? Maybe not. Is it consistent across the NFL? Yeah, pretty much.

yet week(s) ago we saw a horse collar flag thrown on a similar sack to Tyrod and when the Bills grabbed the jersey much lower it wasn't called.

WOW :w00t::wub: a would ya post hot daymn. The Suh - non sack is all explained in the link

http://www.freep.com/videos/sports/nfl/lions/2015/11/09/75478264/

I'm sorry, was there something else showing on the right side of the screen?

BTW, Suh basically convicted himself in the postgame interview that he had Taylor by the horsecollar. So in the process of bringing Taylor in, he essentially lost enough control to allow TT to throw the ball away.

I'm sorry, was there something else showing on the right side of the screen?

BTW, Suh basically convicted himself in the postgame interview that he had Taylor by the horsecollar. So in the process of bringing Taylor in, he essentially lost enough control to allow TT to throw the ball away.

LOL I think there was.

if you could break away from the mountain of information it was very well explained if you "listened" to what was being said.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

There is no deliberate screwing of the Bills. The Bills got lucky with some really bad calls against the Dolphins. Suh should have had a sack and a holding penalty. However he should have gotten a flag for taunting/berating an official.

The officiating is just awful and bad teams make even more bad plays.

Nobody knows if Karlos had that ball when it crossed the goal line. Why no camera on the goal line at all times?