My 10 cents on the game.

BmarvB

1) A lot of points, a lot of penalties, but a win is a win.

2) What a difference a healthy lineup makes

3) Karlos Williams is a F/N monster. Him and Shady are an awesome 1-2 punch in this Ground & Pound offense.

4) Richie Incognito could be our best offensive lineman right now. He's earned his return to the lineup next year.

5) Welcome back Sammy.

6) Hughes was way too much for Fox to handle after he got called for that asinine hit out of bounds.

7) Defense may not look as dominant as they were over the last 2 years, but they got the job done. They're gonna be allright.

8) As a starting QB, TT is still pretty much a rookie and still learning, but give him credit for giving us what we need at the position. I like his upside.

9) Anybody miss Nate Hackett?

10) We need to repeat this performance (without all the F/N penalties) against the Jets on Thursday. Even if we win 2 of these 3 straight divisional games, we're still in the playoff hunt. I think we can win the rematch in New England.

GO BILLS!!!

defence is very concerning for me. did they make plays when they needed too? absolutely. But poor tackling, dumb penalties, and over pursuing remains a big concern

Yeah. I saw that too. There's still work that needs to be done there, and I would like to see a stronger pass rush.

Win or lose, the poor tackling and ridiculous penalties continue to make this team laughable to a good degree. A lot of people I saw the game with are not Bills fans and they were laughing. Penalties are coachable, so where's the coach?

He wants to build a bully, but it has to be a smart bully. Sometimes this is a dumb bully that's its own worst enemy.

3) Karlos Williams is a F/N monster. Him and Shady are an awesome 1-2 punch in this Ground & Pound offense.

4) Richie Incognito could be our best offensive lineman right now. He's earned his return to the lineup next year.

5) Welcome back Sammy.

6) Hughes was way too much for Fox to handle after he got called for that asinine hit out of bounds.

7) Defense may not look as dominant as they were over the last 2 years, but they got the job done. They're gonna be allright.

8) As a starting QB, TT is still pretty much a rookie and still learning, but give him credit for giving us what we need at the position. I like his upside.

10) We need to repeat this performance (without all the F/N penalties) against the Jets on Thursday. Even if we win 2 of these 3 straight divisional games, we're still in the playoff hunt. I think we can win the rematch in New England.

GO BILLS!!!

with all due respect to the OP, we made Tannehill look borderline above-average today with too much time & space, missed tackles, and completed passes downfield. I shudder to think what will happen @ NE with the Bills current performance defensively, but a win @ NE will not be the outcome.

with all due respect to the OP, we made Tannehill look borderline above-average today with too much time & space, missed tackles, and completed passes downfield. I shudder to think what will happen @ NE with the Bills current performance defensively, but a win @ NE will not be the outcome.

Yeah, I hear ya buddy. I think our best chance to beat the Pats is to outscore them through time consuming scoring drives on the ground, and taking a few deep shots just to keep them from overloading the box. We're not gonna stop their offense like this. We have to control time of possession and limit Brady's opportunities.

Complete lack of discipline on Defense. Where was Mario, did he play? Dareus had a couple of tackles but not much else. Hughes had his best game of the year, but all in the 2nd half. The "hit" out of bounds was consummately stupid! Missed Kyle today too. Powell has to learn to wrap up. I thought the secondary played very well. Front seven were awful for much of the game. Oh, and get Sammy the damn ball every game!

8) What I liked about Tyrod today: zero mistakes. Oh, the long completions were great, but zero picks, zero fumbles. He took 3 sacks, a couple of which annoyed me at the time ("see it coming, step outside and throw it away!"), but far better to take the sack than to heave it up for anyone to grab. The first rule of quarterbacking: first, do no harm. And he passed that with flying colors.

Win or lose, the poor tackling and ridiculous penalties continue to make this team laughable to a good degree. A lot of people I saw the game with are not Bills fans and they were laughing. Penalties are coachable, so where's the coach?

I would say the poor tackling / over pursuit are far more " coachable " points than penalties. You can teach technique, penalties ( except intentional ones where you take a penalty instead of giving up a bigger play) are really on the players. You can't really teach a guy not to be dumb. I just think a lot of players on this team play dumb consistently . Hughes most every week. Gilmore grabs all the time he gets beat so much. I don't know why he is thought of so highly here. Darby plays corner well both technique -wise and with smarts. Do people think our coaches tell guys to go out and commit stupid infractions? It seems to be a lot of the same guys over and over. At least give the staff a year to figure out who to get rid of. They're stuck with what they have , some guys just may not be back next year.

Complete lack of discipline on Defense. Where was Mario, did he play? Dareus had a couple of tackles but not much else. Hughes had his best game of the year, but all in the 2nd half. The "hit" out of bounds was consummately stupid! Missed Kyle today too. Powell has to learn to wrap up. I thought the secondary played very well. Front seven were awful for much of the game. Oh, and get Sammy the damn ball every game!

Rex's system is not getting the most out of that front 7. That's a major concern considering the investment in them.

8) What I liked about Tyrod today: zero mistakes. Oh, the long completions were great, but zero picks, zero fumbles. He took 3 sacks, a couple of which annoyed me at the time ("see it coming, step outside and throw it away!"), but far better to take the sack than to heave it up for anyone to grab. The first rule of quarterbacking: first, do no harm. And he passed that with flying colors.

Agreed.

Umm, no. But I will say this: those 2 trick plays early on (end around to Woods, not the guy I'd get the ball in the hands of on that play, and flea flicker failure) took the momentum away from an offense that was starting to click. After that, Roman didn't go back to the trick well again ...

5) Welcome back Sammy.

GO BILLS!!!

Incognito is not only our best O-Lineman, he is one the best guards in the NFL

I disagree. I think Dareus and Mario played well. The LBs consistently overpursued running plays and took horrible angles to tackle or just got blocked out of the play. Just way too aggressive and too close to the LOS to be effective. They showed zero patience and no instincts with their run keys. Miami ate that up. Conversely , every misdirection type play we ran ( about five or six in all) the Miami D stayed home and either made a tackle for loss or no gain. They actually had discipline. Fortunately , the OL was able to handle their D on the straight up run blocking. This team is not at it's best running trickery/ misdirection stuff. They're better off with power plays in the run game.

Umm, no. But I will say this: those 2 trick plays early on (end around to Woods, not the guy I'd get the ball in the hands of on that play, and flea flicker failure) took the momentum away from an offense that was starting to click. After that, Roman didn't go back to the trick well again ...

Yeah, the trickery sucked badly. Even though it's ok to call one every once in a while, they're not doing too good with those . Just stick with the str8 up power game.