Whaley is asleep at the wheel.

FireChan

I thought both Pegulas hired the HC... with DW's buy-in. Rex reports to them, not Doug. Maybe we should mount a crusade to fire the owners next.

Beat me to it... as usual.

What do you envision Whaley's diminished role to be in 2016 - abdicating drafting responsibilities to Rex along with signing FAs, or just calling out for sandwiches and coffee for the staff?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually like most of the things Whaley has done, and I wouldn't like losing an above average GM who has made some big mistakes for an unknown. But I think his diminished role will be reporting to a football czar/consultant type along with Rex, if Whaley does stay. He won't be the head honcho in the football ops department IMO.

And the Pegulas can't be fired. However, I reject the notion that the Pegulas automatically know what they're doing running this team. Luckily, you don't get to where they are without self-assessment, and I have the utmost confidence they won't repeat mistakes.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cassel for a pick = fleece

Kiko for McCoy = fleece

Incognito = what a play

Darby 2nd round = wow

Tyrod = looking good

What an opinion. Troll on. EEEEEEEEJ and stuff.

Shep for Hughes, Preston Brown, graham, clay... Also, avoid paying huge money for Byrd, spiller, Levitre who all have underperformed their massive pay days ....

Like it or don't but this roster is more talented than at any time in the past decade at least, closing in on 2.

And for those who missed it, terry and Kim made the Rex hire... While Whaley may have been in the talks, he and Rex are piers.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

How will the Bills ever get better if they fire the HC and GM after 7 games?

Relax and have a beer. All is well. :beer:

Fire the coach.

Let Whaley hire a GM.

Do this at the end of the season as this year is pretty much already lost.

This is the NFL, not the MLB...

Whaley has zero nails in his coffin. You don't understand football if you're making this claim.

I don't even think he has been fitted for a coffin yet let alone nails bought. There is every reason to believe he and Rex get along fine. There is every reason to believe the Pegulas don't make stupid, rash, ill-advised decisions.

I don't even think he has been fitted for a coffin yet let alone nails bought. There is every reason to believe he and Rex get along fine. There is every reason to believe the Pegulas don't make stupid, rash, ill-advised decisions.

I'm sure the Pegulas will be really impressed with a step back in record and a losing season.

I would love to believe this about Pegula.... however history says differently. I recall Pegual purchasing another major sports teams and running that team into the ground with an expensive free agent summer...

I'm sure the Pegulas will be really impressed with a step back in record and a losing season.

Unlike a lot of people here, they are smart business people and look at what actually happens.

I would love to believe this about Pegula.... however history says differently. I recall Pegual purchasing another major sports teams and running that team into the ground with an expensive free agent summer...

He kept the status quo and didn't make rash decisions at all. He did let his people in place go on a spending spree, which is the same thing he did with the Bills.

Unlike a lot of people here, they are smart business people and look at what actually happens.

He kept the status quo and didn't make rash decisions at all. He did let his people in place go on a spending spree, which is the same thing he did with the Bills.

And he cleared house when it didn't work.

I'm sure they will look at what happens. That won't be flattering for the glorious leader.

And he cleared house when it didn't work.

I'm sure they will look at what happens. That won't be flattering for the glorious leader.

Maybe you should change your name to "FireEveryone?"

BTW, what you call "running into the ground" was a choreographed Sabres tanking to gain Jack Eichel. Looks like a smart move so far.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sorry but Pegula should have had zero say in hiring of Bills head coach. Rex is the wrong guy for the players Whaley has brought in. Just because he can make smart business decisions does not translate to build a winning NFL franchise. I would imagine that all NFL owners are savy businessmen.... clearly the ones who are more hands off in terms of personel are much more sucessful

Sorry but Pegula should have had zero say in hiring of Bills head coach. Rex is the wrong guy for the players Whaley has brought in. Just because he can make smart business decisions does not translate to build a winning NFL franchise. I would imagine that all NFL owners are savy businessmen.... clearly the ones who are more hands off in terms of personel are much more sucessful

Name one NFL owner who did not hire his GM or coach.

Stupid pegulas, they forgot to invest in titanium ankle/knee braces for TT, Kyle and Sammy

Because our defense was playing at a very high level when Kyle was playing.

I'm sure the Pegulas will say, 2 players got hurt, that means we actually had a winning season when you think about it! Extensions for everyone.

Business folks love guys who try hard and produce failing results. Step #1 to amassing a fortune.