Week 8 games around the league

YoloinOhio

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would rather lose without fanfare than have to lose AND take foot out of mouth every other week.

If Geno brings the Jets back to win I am not feeling good about our chances. Neither Geno or Fitz are pushovers despite popular belief.

I don't recall Rex guaranteeing any victories or disrespecting any opponent to date. The myth continues... I'd rather face Smith than Fitz. His history is he turns the ball over and makes poor decisions. Fitz may be more limited athletically , but he will manage the game better.

I don't recall Rex guaranteeing any victories or disrespecting any opponent to date. The myth continues... I'd rather face Smith than Fitz. His history is he turns the ball over and makes poor decisions. Fitz may be more limited athletically , but he will manage the game better.

Plus, Fitz is a guy you just cannot root against. Gino, on the other hand...

From espn.com:

Geno Smith is 11-of-13 with 2 TDs on passes traveling 5 or fewer yards downfield. He is 1-of-5 with an interception on passes traveling at least 15 yards downfield.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

the one thing he said was he didn't know Dion Lewis's name. That was week 2. Hasn't said anything since.

There's no myth...just observation. It would have been more palatable for us to lose to the Pats than for us to lose and still wonder why Rex didn't know Dion Lewis' name...after all, he scored a TD against our vaunted defense. The same defense that was supposed to go from 4th to 1st in the NFL. No myths.

Would rather lose without fanfare than have to lose AND take foot out of mouth every other week. If Geno brings the Jets back to win I am not feeling good about our chances. Neither Geno or Fitz are pushovers despite popular belief.

Don't know why you are taking feet in your mouth.

Both Geno and Fitz are pushovers, despite what the gulible few seem to think.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Neither Geno or Fitz are pushovers despite popular belief.

Are you serious? What has Geno ever done that would support you statement that he's not a pushover? He's garbage and I'd much rather face the Jets with him at QB than Fitzmagic

There's no myth...just observation. It would have been more palatable for us to lose to the Pats than for us to lose and still wonder why Rex didn't know Dion Lewis' name...after all, he scored a TD against our vaunted defense. The same defense that was supposed to go from 4th to 1st in the NFL. No myths.

Maybe because the guy hasn't done anything yet as far as an NFL career goes. It was Rex 's way of saying that the running game means little to NE's success. They win because of their passing game and Brady. They barely even run the ball, it doesn't matter who they have back there , because that's not how they beat you. What was the big deal? He's pretty low on the list of guys you worry about when playing NE, right? It was easy for me to understand and it was not inflammatory in any way.

Maybe because the guy hasn't done anything yet as far as an NFL career goes. It was Rex 's way of saying that the running game means little to NE's success. They win because of their passing game and Brady. They barely even run the ball, it doesn't matter who they have back there , because that's not how they beat you. What was the big deal? He's pretty low on the list of guys you worry about when playing NE, right? It was easy for me to understand and it was not inflammatory in any way.

Lewis really hadn't done anything to that point. He sat on his couch for a year and 32 teams passed on signing him in 2014. If we were playing him now, seeing as he is thriving in Brady offense, Rex wouldn't say that. Probably shouldn't have said it back then either, but hasn't said anything since that wasn't glowing about any opponent. Edited by YoloinOhio