EJ versus Tyrod

I like both QBs moving forward, but how anyone can question TT as the starter right is mind blowing. The kid has balled out and without most of his weapons all year while playing hurt. EJ needs time to play to evaluate his future as more than a backup, but no way TT should have his job in jeopardy. Now if EJ had lit it up for two weeks after having such a strong preseason, then there would be something to talk about. But to unseat TT at this point, EJ would have had to be exceptional to even open that can of worms, and he wasn't.

I'm not saying TT's job is in jeopardy. Just saying that people will argue over how many starts he has vs how much time he needs in either of their cases and in all likelihood, none of us really know.

I'm still waiting for someone to say how if TT is a franchise QB he should have supplanted Flacco. That will be a fun thread to watch.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ put up enough points in the first half of this weeks game to win last weeks game. Then he added another TD.

If the Titans hang 34 on us, Tyrod's 14 points don't matter.

I was responding to a post about how nice it was to cross midfield in the 1st half. That is totally meaningless. Wins and losses are all that matter. I am not belittling EJ's performance. He was okay and will be a pretty good backup QB for this team. We are okay at the position. We have a solid young starter and a backup that is young and can play a few weeks of needed.

If you have watched both and cannot determine that TT is head and shoulders a better QB than EJ, then it is pointless to debate with you. You just don't get it.

Translation:

You disagree with me, and I am only interested in my own opinion as opposed to listening to listening to opposing though well reasoned positions of others; therefore I will put my fingers in my ears and say "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU!" Because it's easier.

If we score the 41 we had against Miami every week we're undefeated. Great logic!

The previous poster said EJ wouldn't have beaten the Titans. I pointed out the silliness of saying that.

The OP forgot to mention that EJ actually caused Sammy Watkins to injure his ankle yesterday with that horrible, horrible TD throw. How convenient that he left that little morsel out. EJ injures his own teammates.

That is absolutely rediculous... There was nothing EJ did to make Sammy turn his ankle. And, I believe that Tyrod would have never seen Sammy in the end zone... He would have already taken off running and they probably wouldn't have ever scored that TD.

The OP forgot to mention that EJ actually caused Sammy Watkins to injure his ankle yesterday with that horrible, horrible TD throw. How convenient that he left that little morsel out. EJ injures his own teammates.

You have done a great job in this thread. Congrats!

That is absolutely rediculous... There was nothing EJ did to make Sammy turn his ankle. And, I believe that Tyrod would have never seen Sammy in the end zone... He would have already taken off running and they probably wouldn't have ever scored that TD.

We all know these are trained professionals. EJ has the ability to hit a pumpkin on a fence post at 50 yds. Are you seriously telling me EJ's throw was not intentionally low and away in effort to injure Sammy?? I can understand why EJ was upset (with Sammy's comments earlier in the week), but to purposefully cause Sammy to roll an ankle and miss games is not sportmanlike. Reckless throwing on his part.

Both QB's have their positives, and negatives about them. Tyrod needs to find a way to complete more passes in the first half of games.

The team needs to get their skill players healthy, and both QB's will have a better chance to win games

EJ wasn't great yesterday - but he sure as HELL was not the reason we lost that football game and I seriously doubt that even a bit of TT magic could have pulled that one out for us.

Thank you for the common sense.

The defense is far more of a concern to me with currently being 19th equals about as good as George Edwards / Dave Wannstedt. the Bills are 24th is sacks with only 9.

Rex Ryan took the keys to a Ferrari of a defense, and turned it into a dump truck. #1 in sacks last year to #24 this year. :thumbdown:

So it seems like EJ didn't impress enough for anyone to talk about him being the starter when Taylor returns from injury.

I would argue that 1. there was zero drop off in overall production from the QB position with EJ in.

2. EJ actually had the best total passing yards in a Bills game this season.

3. EJ gets sacked once every 21 attempts and Tyrod has been sacked once per every 9.8 attempts

4. Tyrod loses on average 7.14 yards per sack and EJ has averaged 3.5 yards lost per sack

5. EJ had at least 6 completions to WRs in this game. Tyrod has struggled to hit WRs. Last game our top two wideo outs had 1 catch

6. EJ also made plays with his feet albeit less exciting ones but he got a TD and a bug first down when needed.

7. While the Bills went 3 and out an embarrassing 50% of the time under EJ, they did the same thing against the Titans under Tyrod and Taylor did even worse against the Giants where the Bills were 57% 3 and out.

Both are throwing close to 70% completion, Tyrod a little over EJ a little under.

Neither is tearing it up the way they should with all these weapons.

Personally I think EJ has more potential because he actually can play from the pocket. If he has more practice time as the number one he could elevate his game. I feel like Taylor is already playing at the top of his game and the result is not much better than EJ in mid learning curve.

I say start EJ against Jacksonville. If he doesn't play better than this week then Taylor can come back after the bye but if EJ plays well I think you use the BYE to establish EJ as the QB because these scrambling QBs don't last more than a few games without injury. My prediction is that EJ would have to start week 5 when Tyrod got hurt and I was only a week off. Michael Vick has only had one season out of 13 where he was able to avoid injury. That is a telling stat.

what weapons? you mean the guys on the bench or the guys limping around on the field