[closed]Bring back jim Schwartz

Joaquin1119

Dont think you will hear much disagreement.... This D is paid to be Elite....yet Rex is playing like a bottom 5 and I dont care what system you say works...with talent like this mulitple years in a row if yours doesnt work switch to what did....field position can change a game...look at today....

LOL why would he come back here when Ryan wouldn't want him and didn't want him in the first place? He refused Miami just a couple weeks ago, so it's clear he wants nothing to do with a defensive coordinator position. He'll wait and see if he can grab a head coaching position at the end of the football season when the firings start happening. Now if they were going to even try and offer Schwartz an assistant headcoaching position, he still wouldn't take it and would wait. The last thing this guy wants to do is jeopardize his entire career by walking into a disastrous situation where the offense, defense, and special teams are playing terribly after already failing in Detroit.

LOL why would he come back here when Ryan wouldn't want him and didn't want him in the first place? He refused Miami just a couple weeks ago, so it's clear he wants nothing to do with a defensive coordinator position. He'll wait and see if he can grab a head coaching position at the end of the football season when the firings start happening. Now if they were going to even try and offer Schwartz an assistant headcoaching position, he still wouldn't take it and would wait. The last thing this guy wants to do is jeopardize his entire career by walking into a disastrous situation where the offense, defense, and special teams are playing terribly after already failing in Detroit.

He is sitting pretty after his last run here...sometimes time away makes people forget some of the Lions days... Id still take him over Rex...

I really think rex just over thinks his schemes. Belichick has a saying "just do your job". and right now it seems like rex is asking his stars to do things they are not used to like Mario dropping in coverage. Simple is a lot more effective sometimes, let the players do the jobs they are comfortable doing

T Pegula needs might need to decide if it may be worth it to eat the 20 million that he owes Rex after this season to protect his 250 million investment in the D-Line. Sometimes its better to realize your mistake and cut your loses. 20 million is a lot of money but when you paid 1.4billion for the team 20 million is not a lot of money at that point.

T Pegula needs might need to decide if it may be worth it to eat the 20 million that he owes Rex after this season to protect his 250 million investment in the D-Line. Sometimes its better to realize your mistake and cut your loses. 20 million is a lot of money but when you paid 1.4billion for the team 20 million is not a lot of money at that point.

They do not have $250 million tied up in the DL. Their contracts are not guaranteed. And most of the guaranteed money is tied up in Hughes and Dareus, the two guys who actually fit fine in any scheme.

Not necessarily, maybe he just didn't want Miami's D-coordinator job seeing what a train-wreck they've been all season (today's game aside).

He is sitting pretty after his last run here...sometimes time away makes people forget some of the Lions days... Id still take him over Rex...

Completely agree here. The year Schwartz had last year helped with the poison tied to his name from his time in Detroit. Watching the Bills D (a talent laden D) look completely lost these first 6 weeks has his stock back on the rise.

Unfortunately, the Jim Schwarts cruise ship has set sail and it will not be returning to port.

Our brilliant head coach, egomaniac Rex Ryan, had to bring in "his guy" as defensive coordinator. How's it working out Rex?

Now we all know what's coming next. He'll clean house and get ride of most of the front seven to bring in "his" guys. Kyle and Mario are as good as gone in the off season. Jerry Porter will be converted to a rushing LB, Darius will move to a DE and he'll bring in a NT and a new DE.

It's a shame he couldn't shallow his ego and said my way in NY didn't work as well as I liked, so maybe I'll pull a Mike Tomlin, and keep the DC who was already successful. But nope, not the bombastic Rex! I'll run my mouth and ruin this great defense, all the time, when I knew I didn't have a great QB.

You can get away with this crap as long as you have a great QB making up for the teams defensive short comings.

what a waste and season #16 look unavoidable.

Schwartz and Rex can't coexist - totally different schools.

Sure they could have, but it would have required two adults swallowing their egos. But we can't do that and still be brash and cocky.

Exactly what has Rex done in the NFL to be as cocky as he is?