Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

know who likely does? everyone in the locker room that actually matters.

Which is why you keep that **** in house, instead of letting your teammates just see articles that misrepresent things as "OMG GIVE ME THE BALL, THE BILLS ARE STUPID".

Which is why you keep that **** in house, instead of letting your teammates just see articles that misrepresent things as "OMG GIVE ME THE BALL, THE BILLS ARE STUPID".

the actual article was balanced enough that if the players care enough to read it, they wouldn't come away with that conclusion. But I am pretty sure this isn't the first time they have heard it. They all watch the film.

and if they blow a gasket over reading a second hand tweet - thats as much, if not probably more, a them issue. no? if tyrod cant handle that quote, hes not cut from the right cloth to be an nfl qb. i think hes probably fine with it though.

and if they blow a gasket over reading a second hand tweet - thats as much, if not probably more, a them issue. no? if tyrod cant handle that quote, hes not cut from the right cloth to be an nfl qb. i think hes probably fine with it though.

Oh definitely a 'them' issue, but a 'them' issue, is an everyone issue in a clubhouse.

I wish the NFL allowed players to just not talk to the media period, it's just drama, all the time.

I agree with Sammy's arguments and the Bills do need to target him more. However, Sammy saying this while being out injured for a good portion of the season (up to this point) severely undermines how many will perceive his stance. Just bad timing on his part.

absolutely, but he's coming back and no time like the present. I think he knows that even if people look at him as a "bad guy" now for holding the team accountable, he's making a bet on himself that he can elicit change that will lead to a more effective offense and more wins, which will more than make up for that. He's here to help the team win, not sit back and pretend it's all ok when it isn't. There are indeed some individualistic quotes in there which is what upsets people and they ignore the team-centric quotes. It can be both. And that's normal from an NFL WR IMO. If he looks good, they look good. If he gets targeted more, the offense can open up more and they will win more games. Like Dareus, he isn't the most articulate guy in the world but he's not here to give speeches and write dissertations. Throw him the damn ball. Edited by YoloinOhio

I wish the NFL allowed players to just not talk to the media period, it's just drama, all the time.

ill say again - you are reading it as drama. that doesnt mean its high drama in the locker room. until we hear its creating tension, its only going to read as the soap opera that you are seeking.

ill say again - you are reading it as drama. that doesnt mean its high drama in the locker room. until we hear its creating tension, its only going to read as the soap opera that you are seeking.

I'm not seeking a soap opera. I don't like hearing about this stuff period, because I have low expectations of the maturity of young millionaires :P

If 3 games from now we look back and he's being targeted 8+ times/ game and dropping half or not performing to expectation, I will be on board putting him on blast. Trust me. I just haven't seen anything to this point to make me think that would happen.

lol

Sammy needs to be targeted more, period. He is right. Whether or not he picked the right way to go about it is up for "great" debate. Is his ego running his mouth? maybe. Is Parker pulling the strings on this? Probably. I would want to be putting up numbers if I was him. I would be frustrated too. Guys with mad skills like to show them off. Get him the Ball!

Anyone who is asking a 22-year old athletic marvel who got where he is by making spectacular catches while beating nearly every db he plays against like a drum to be a font of measured wisdom doesn't really understand what these guys are like. He is who is -- a young and supremely gifted athlete with the confidence to match the talent. He does not have a diploma in rocket surgery. I think everyone should let it go, and that the the Bills should strive to get him the damn ball.

Edited by dave mcbride

What exactly did he say wrong here......

You think he doesnt hear people talking about him when they compare to other receivers of that draft?

GET HIM OPEN.....THEN USE HIM

He's using the media to call out his QB or his OC while he's been out injured and stated lack of targets are "making me look bad"..

It's unprofessional and messes with team chemistry.

Is anyone starting to see a santonio Holmes situation starting to smolder here?

Edit: no one is debating he needs more touches btw.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I thought this quote by Sammy was interesting....

“I understand that these guys are young. What you really have to look at is in five or six years, no, they’re not going to be Eli but they’re going to be elite. When you look at Eli, he might be out of the league in four or five years. So when I’m healthy and I’m going into my years, I’ll have a top quarterback who can throw the ball. So that’s how I look at these guys.... Once these guys grow the next three or four years, if they’re still here, you’ll definitely see those high numbers.”

Here Sammy (1) seems to have realistic expectations, and (2) seems to have high confidence in the potential of both TT and EJ.