Bills fans in Nashville

MavBavButav

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome. I started shout in the stadium hallway before the game. It was deafening. Buddy leaned over after and said, that sent shivers down my spine. I'd be pissed if something like that happened at the Ralph.

Just curious, where did you (and everyone) come in from? I'm from Atlanta now, about 4 hours (less without traffic, so.... never). Nashville seemed to be a big draw. Is it the city, proximity or just that you won't get beaten to a pulp in the restroom (or your seat) by local thugs? (You know who you are Philly fans.)

Just curious, where did you (and everyone) come in from? I'm from Atlanta now, about 4 hours (less without traffic, so.... never). Nashville seemed to be a big draw. Is it the city, proximity or just that you won't get beaten to a pulp in the restroom (or your seat) by local thugs? (You know who you are Philly fans.)

California. I think this game drew in people from all across the country. I met Bills fans from Tx, Az, Ca, TN, Georgia, NC, NYC and certainly a ton from B-lo. I've been to many, many road games and this turnout was special.

we came from southwest virginia, about 5 hours away. this was the 3rd bills/titans game we've seen in Nashville. The draw for us is the bills, #1, but it's a nice city fix (we live in the country) and the fact that it's a cosmopolitan, very civilized , kinda happening place is pretty big too. next time, i'd love to be in a downtown hotel and walk to the game (did that the previous 2 times) but there were very few rooms and the ones left when we booked were ridiculously expensive. the downtown hotel, walking back and forth to the game, staying in the center of all the action is hard to beat though. just makes for a great little vacation, especially when the bills win! we've gone for a few concerts at the ryman (http://ryman.com/events/calendar - joe bonamassa show looks tempting) as well - highly recommended! really, we don't need a strong excuse to go to Nashville.

Edited by birdog1960

Pennsylvania.... Just happened to be the one weekend that was available and we felt would be a good experience for our kids...

Where at birddog? Swva here too. I enjoyed Nashville.

I came from SWVA, too, on Saturday! Drove from Rochester down to Blacksburg for the VT win over NC State on Friday night, then over to Nashville. Saw other cars full of exhausted Bills fans on the long drive back up to WNY today!

Pennsylvania.... Just happened to be the one weekend that was available and we felt would be a good experience for our kids...

I looked for you in the RV lot. Bad news - didn't find you. Good news - because there were way too many Bills jerseys to sort through, even if you didn't go mainstream. Hope you and yours had a blast! We Ubered to the game from my sons apartment, ill-prepared for tailgaiting. My son was well fed by kind strangers before going into the stadium. I love Bills fans!

Drove up from the Mississippi Gulf Coast for the game. I couldn't believe how many Bills fans were there. In recent years I have been to the Bills games in New Orleans and Dallas and this was by far the most Bills fans at an away game. Nashville is an awesome city and the people were great. The Bills fans had taken over downtown Saturday night and I have never heard so many drunken versions of the shout song before. The weather was perfect and the Bills finally got a W at a game I went to. Great weekend.

Just to chime in... Usually it looks like lots of Bills fans the night before a road game, because the locals don't go out as much - especially to touristy spots like Broadway in Nashville. But you could just tell this was gonna be overwhelming. They prepared for 150 people at the Nashville Bills Backers Happy Hour event but got over 500 and we drank the place dry. As I walked to the tailgate spot at about 8:30 (1/2 hour after the lots opened) there were hardly any Titans fans even parked yet, but Bills fans were everywhere. Walking into the stadium the Titans fans were still pulling in, 45 minutes before kickoff. There were quite a few empty seats in the clubs and upper decks, but I'd say there were 10,000 to 15,000 Bills fans there.

And we were awesome!

Just by my casual observations of watching a bunch of games this year, it seems like an awful lot of "hometown" fans are selling their tickets to the visiting team's fans. I know that Stealer fans travel well, but my Gawd, did you see that pathetic display by Charger fans last night?

Couple girls we knew had to take off their bill gear cause their hands were raw from all the high fiving.

Pic?

Had a great time before & during the game.

This pic from inside the stadium yesterday... :thumbsup:

12096103_10153250327570945_2000199544646

Didn't know you were going to be there, sorry we didn't cross paths.

Funny, I always assumed Simon was a bit taller.

came from charlotte. A buddy was talking with a singer in the bar band about how many bills fans were there and says watch this....heyeee heyyee! everyone in the bar yelled back and the singer's face was priceless.

That's awesome! Bills fans will stop whatever they are doing for a "heyee heyyyee"....