Tyrod Taylor: straight up baller and team mvp today

In his last two games, Tyrod Taylor's offense has been off the field with 3 and Outs or has turned the ball over in fewer than 3 plays in 12 out of 24 drives. (I included the victory formation, kneel down drive at the end of the Titan's game in order to improve Tyrod's numbers) That's 3 and Out or worse 50% of the time, folks.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his last two games, Tyrod Taylor's offense has been off the field with 3 and Outs or has turned the ball over in fewer than 3 plays in 12 out of 24 drives. That's 3 and Out or worse 50% of the time, folks.

We aren't interested in those stats, TU2T. Only the ones that make Taylor appear better than he is, please.

People's expectations of QB play reach absurd levels. Even the greats make bad throws sometimes. But because we analyze our players with microscopes we find every flaw and build off them.

Promo,

I do try to remain somewhat objective.....one of my concerns is third down passing productivity......

Right up until the last 2 games it seems to me that Tyrod was money on 3rd down......then it did drop off.

I want to say its because of missing Sammy Watkins.....but I hate to base my reasoning just on one player being out.

My opinion......teams have seen what TT does to be able to convert third down passes.....and they have adjusted.......and the way to combat that is to run the ball more effectively. We need to run the ball better.

4th in the NFL. Our offensive line play has been ranked in the top third of the league as well.

That just goes to show you that stats dont tell the story......agreed?

Promo,

I do try to remain somewhat objective.....one of my concerns is third down passing productivity......

Right up until the last 2 games it seems to me that Tyrod was money on 3rd down......then it did drop off.

I want to say its because of missing Sammy Watkins.....but I hate to base my reasoning just on one player being out.

My opinion......teams have seen what TT does to be able to convert third down passes.....and they have adjusted.......and the way to combat that is to run the ball more effectively. We need to run the ball better.

That just goes to show you that stats dont tell the story......agreed?

Yes. Perhaps if we were the first, second, or third best running team in the NFL. This 4th stuff just isn't getting it done.

They mean that he's not good enough to pass

And our receivers have absolutely nothing to do with the struggles in the last 2 games. The line too. PFF says they're great so they're great. Despite the fact that we can all see that they haven't been.

Penalties have nothing to do with stalling out our offense. Even the holding penalties, illegal formations, and false starts that absolutely kill a running team.

4th in the NFL. Our offensive line play has been ranked in the top third of the league as well.

Um, our running game is 6th (not 4th) in the NFL for one reason only - the presence of Taylor. The RBs are averaging 3.8 ypc, which is 26th in the league.

Edited by dave mcbride

50 + yards in the first half. Straight ballin.

Suprised to see you posting so soon......please make sure to make an in game post about our demise each week....its like a good luck charm

Um, our running game is 6th (not 4th) in the NFL for one reason only - the presence of Taylor. The RBs are averaging 3.8 ypc, which is 26th in the league.

OOps

They mean that he's not good enough to pass the ball.

Yeah. His 37.4 YPG have contributed, but they've largely all come off broken play scramble drills.

He's what we'll do. Let's subtract his 187 yards, divide it by two, and add the 93 back in with the assumption that someone replaces half those yards if Tyrod isn't getting them.

That puts us at 547 yards on the ground, which is good enough for 14th in the league.

4th

And your assumption that if Taylor is removed from the equation, nothing would replace him is lacking.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Yeah. His 37.4 YPG have contributed, but they've largely all come off broken play scramble drills.

He's what we'll do. Let's subtract his 187 yards, divide it by two, and add the 93 back in with the assumption that someone replaces half those yards if Tyrod isn't getting them.

That puts us at 547 yards on the ground, which is good enough for 14th in the league.

4th

And your assumption that if Taylor is removed from the equation, nothing would replace him is lacking.

So does this mean TT's run are not included in that stat?

4th

6th, man. Come on.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame

Look at the yards per game stat, not raw yards. Some teams have had byes and 2 teams have a game tonight.

As for what would replace the 187 yards, I'm guessing that if it's someone like Cassell, it's mostly negative sack yardage.

Edited by dave mcbride

4th

It might be replaced by 18 EJ incomplete passes. Or 1 yard dumpoffs.

My only argument with this is we're also including the 3rd,4th and 5th string RB's. McCoy and Karlos were averaging 4.4 YPC before they went out. But that would just be manipulating the numbers to draw a different conclusion.