Andy Benoit analysis of Bills-Giants

YoloinOhio

#Bills a lot of isolation routes in first half, they havent had success with those this season.

with Watkins and McCoy out, #Bills had few players capable of creating on their own. All the more reason to ditch isolation concepts.

Taylor needs to hone his accuracy when throwing on the move.

Clay 21 yds was route combo designed to beat Cover 3. Exactly what you need to do with Taylor fulltime at this point.

#Giants continued to employ variety of pressure concepts and disguises. Made DBs a part of equation at times.

Edited by YoloinOhio

My thoughts exactly...Bills made awesome 2nd half adjustments but details screwed them. Penalties, one key missed tackle and Woods fighting for yards instead of just going down.

And don't forget two trips inside the NYG 10 w1st and goal that yielded 0 points.

WR Wood has been used more vertically, less horizontally this yr. He can get open on comebackers, but horizontal is his game.

Clay 20 yds was another corner route from LOS TE designed to beat zone. Triple route combo, exploited Cover 2.

Taylor much more comfortable with scheme plays than progression reads. Thats how #Bills need to play.

Clay 27 yds yet another zone-beating defined route for QB to read. Deep crosser to exploit Quarters coverage.

: Karlos Williams 23 yds was wheel route to beat LB Kennard. 1 on 1, no rub element.

Taylor a pretty decent downfield touch passer, particularly outside the numbers.

Basically confirms my thoughts as the 4th quarter was winding down...not only should the Bills have won this game, they should have won convincingly. Self-inflicted wounds were the story of the day.

we are not nearly as far away as some folks here make it out to be honestly. Stick it out people!!

The Offense is still finding its way with TT.

Vomit

sensitive tummy Matt?

WR Wood has been used more vertically, less horizontally this yr. He can get open on comebackers, but horizontal is his game.

Clay 20 yds was another corner route from LOS TE designed to beat zone. Triple route combo, exploited Cover 2.

Taylor much more comfortable with scheme plays than progression reads. Thats how #Bills need to play.

Clay 27 yds yet another zone-beating defined route for QB to read. Deep crosser to exploit Quarters coverage.

: Karlos Williams 23 yds was wheel route to beat LB Kennard. 1 on 1, no rub element.

Taylor a pretty decent downfield touch passer, particularly outside the numbers.

Now that the all 22 is out Bills fans can see the faults and stuff that gives hope.

I am not blind , but i sure can see light of day if Bills can clean up some of the obvious errors and let Tyrod jump into the deep end of the pool. ( ala change the play call )

: )

Trying a better format for you all since it's all tweets

@Andy_Benoit:

#Bills a variety of pressure concepts, DL slants and long stunts. Rendered irrelevant by Manning getting ball out quickly.

#Bills pressure looks often aligned two men in backfield, flanking Manning in shotgun. Options out of 7-man protections

#Giants werent going to allow #Bills pass rush to factor. Either 3-step timing or 7-man protections on basically every dropback.

I think these are key and perceptive points. Rex's vaunted disguises and the pressure our DL can bring are neutralized by quick timing or 5 vs 7.

Until we make defensive adjustments to counter this, a quality QB will be able to take advantage.

Offense was terrible mostly. I don't care what anyone says but I was swearing at Charles Clay early a lot more than cheering him... Bulk targets made his stat line look good. Very subpar performance compared to the numbers he could have posted IMO. Wide receiver screen attempts were untimely, very slow, telegraphed and annoying. Route depth on third down passes was short basically every time. Williams either had no room or didn't hit the hole quick enough. I guess the big take away for me was; Lack of urgency both firing off the ball at the snap and not selling play action fakes and reverse fakes, overall lack of effort on offense. They looked lazy almost

I think these are key and perceptive points. Rex's vaunted disguises and the pressure our DL can bring are neutralized by quick timing or 5 vs 7.

Until we make defensive adjustments to counter this, a quality QB will be able to take advantage.

yep, press with inside technique and jump routes in slot

It's good our pass rush is still respected even though the stats are bad. The offense has to pay some kind of price for having to pass quick. Doesn't press coverage work in this situation?

The scheme was fine and it should have worked if the LB and DBs were able to tackle. The 51 yard TD was case in point. If Bradham tackles, the Giants are looking at 4th and 2 at Midfield and probably bringing in their punt unit. Instead they went on to take a 14 point lead that they never gave away.

Time to deploy the 2-4-5 Defense! Why rush anybody if the QB has a hair trigger release? Just have one or two big bodies up front, then DBs and LBs flood the middle to defend against the short route runners. Dare them to beat you with the run.