Bills sign Boom Herron

YoloinOhio

Why was he even available to begin with? He had 298 total yards and 2 TDs in the 3 playoff games with INDY last year.

he got hurt in the preseason on a kick return (shoulder). Colts have him an injury settlement. Due to those terms, he had to be cleared to work out for other teams and also can't be re-signed by the Colts. Monday was the first day he was eligible to sign with anyone.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hondo in seattle, on 06 Oct 2015 - 2:43 PM, said:

"The Colts know football at the Ph.D. level. But what happened to Boom Herron, who was waived Sunday after being hurt Thursday? Stupid. Just stupid. And not only for Herrons sake, but for the Colts sake. This is more than a nice guy you hate to see suffer an apparent season-ending injury. This was a guy the Colts were counting on as their backup running back..."

http://www.indystar....arter/71822758/

buffalobarbarian:

:worthy::lol::worthy::lol::worthy::lol:

Agreed. That's hilarious. Other than doing a wonderful job tanking for Luck, what exactly has the new front office done there? And I'll remind everyone that the FO that built the Manning led teams was canned and new staff started with the Luck draft.

Edited by BarleyNY

he got hurt in the preseason on a kick return (shoulder). Colts have him an injury settlement. Due to those terms, he had to be cleared to work out for other teams and also can't be re-signed by the Colts. Monday was the first day he was eligible to sign with anyone.

Great news for us?

I like the Boom pick up.. Lots of upside to the dude. Everything happens for a reason... except Freddy. I haven't figured that out yet. Maybe I'm selfish and want him here. The dude got rolled up on doing what he does better than just about any back in the league. High ankle sprain. Who here thinks he isn't playing this week? Oh, ya, I forgot. We need the roster space in case we need 3 kickers.

I like the Boom pick up.. Lots of upside to the dude. Everything happens for a reason... except Freddy. I haven't figured that out yet. Maybe I'm selfish and want him here. The dude got rolled up on doing what he does better than just about any back in the league. High ankle sprain. Who here thinks he isn't playing this week? Oh, ya, I forgot. We need the roster space in case we need 3 kickers.

What does Fred do better (or what has he ever done better) than just about any back in the league?

What does Fred do better (or what has he ever done better) than just about any back in the league?

Well he certainly excelled in building a fan club with a huge man crush on him.

Yards after contact. I think he led the league once.

Fred's a tough runner.

He's also adept at blitz pickup.

I couldn't find anything that showed Fred leading in yards after contact in any season.

Fred was a very good back for the Bills; but to say he was better than "just about any back in the league," at anything simply isn't accurate, in my opinion.

Great runner, great blocker, great catching the ball out of the backfield ... but there were/are many better at those things. But I love me some Fred like everyone else.

He got rolled up on while blocking out, no? What current back in this league blocks better than Fred?

Well, the guy he's backing up, for one. And the guy who replaced him on the Bills, for another.