Spiller M.I.A. in New Orleans

BuffaloBill

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiller is probably still learning the terminology, playbook and other players numbers. :o

He is just coming off an injury but I don't see him being a big factor in the offense until later in the season...if at all this year.

The Saints were foolish to let Jimmy Graham, Darren Sproles leave.

CJ Spiller is a good football player with games where he can be excellent. Unfortunately he has durability issues. In the end, he wasnt worth the draft slot we used on him.

That's the long and the short of it. It's pretty clear he wasn't psychically capable of carrying the load (20+ carries) week in and week out. And that's why there's no comparison to McCoy.

As Bill said above, it was another stupid first round draft pick from the old regimes that screwed it up every year. I don't wish him ill, but I'm certainly glad the Bills are no longer spending millions on him.

That's the long and the short of it. It's pretty clear he wasn't psychically capable of carrying the load (20+ carries) week in and week out. And that's why there's no comparison to McCoy.

As Bill said above, it was another stupid first round draft pick from the old regimes that screwed it up every year. I don't wish him ill, but I'm certainly glad the Bills are no longer spending millions on him.

He was a nix pick, who assembled a lot of our talent including our current GM - wasn't he?

And we also allegedly offered him a pretty good payday back on February under this regime

So I'm not sure your post hit the mark like you intended

He was a nix pick, who assembled a lot of our talent including our current GM - wasn't he?

And we also allegedly offered him a pretty good payday back on February under this regime

I think that his post was on point. Spiller was a stupid draft pick regardless of who selected him. The fact that he was offered a big contract IS a concern. Whaley was very lucky that he did not accept it. And so are we as Bills Fans.

Seriously. Thank god for that McCoy deal.

i dont know that the two hackett/marrone fans are the best to be leading a victory lap on anything related to offensive production

That's a gross misrepresentation and you damn well know it.

My contention was and always is: if you don't have the Joe's, don't B word about the X's and O's.

Hating Hackett/Marrone is all the rage in Bills Nation and for good reason. And loving Roman is just as much en vogue right now.

But jeebus: Tyrod, Karlos, McCoy, Incognito, Felton, Clay and Harvin: what do all these players have in common? They're the most integral members of our offense right now...and they're brand new to the team. They represent considerable upgrades at nearly half of the offense, so don't anyone sit there with a straight face and tell me the unit is better now simply because we ditched Hackett/Marrone.

That pick was all Chan Gailey, and him wanting his "waterbug" type player. Probably because he saw the talent in the kid firsthand during his HC college days at Georgia Tech. Spiller at Clemson (2006-2009) was the ACC offensive player of the year in 2009. Naturally Nix wanted to give his new hire as HC the players he wanted.

Gailey also came into Buffalo spouting to the FO that he didn't need superstars on offense to win games, and could get it done with average players. (perhaps "average" meaning less expensive) The man might have been a bit more successful in Buffalo if he knew who to hire as his DC. JMHO

But yea, I'm darn glad he is a Saint now!

That's a gross misrepresentation and you damn well know it.

My contention was and always is: if you don't have the Joe's, don't B word about the X's and O's.

Hating Hackett/Marrone is all the rage in Bills Nation and for good reason. And loving Roman is just as much en vogue right now.

But jeebus: Tyrod, Karlos, McCoy, Incognito, Felton, Clay and Harvin: what do all these players have in common? They're the most integral members of our offense right now...and they're brand new to the team. They represent considerable upgrades at nearly half of the offense, so don't anyone sit there with a straight face and tell me the unit is better now simply because we ditched Hackett/Marrone.

While a lot of this is true, guys are running free all over the field. That's scheme, it's a combination of players and coaching. Edited by Kirby Jackson

While a lot of this is true guys are running free all over the field. That's scheme, it's a combination of players and coaching.

They were last year too. All-22's showed Sammy/Woods in giant gaps all over the field.

But to the larger point, nowhere did I mean to imply that Roman doesn't have SOMETHING to do with the improvement.

CJ is a speed runner that needs space. What hurt him was not having an accurate QB who can provide him the swing pass and short drops that he could take it to the house. We can't compare him for a North-South type runner and he never was.

While a lot of this is true, guys are running free all over the field. That's scheme, it's a combination of players and coaching.

Yea heaven forbid we use formations, and motion to create favorable and successful matchups. The players are better but they are also being put in better positions to succeed.