Official Mets lovefest thread

Rob's House

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so? It was broken up after Papelbon lunged.

He looked shocked and shrinked away instead of fighting back.

What really irks me are these panty waist radio guys who think it's an outrage that Papplebon went at him, but absolve Harper for inviting it.

Edited by Rob's House

What really irks me are these panty waist radio guys who think it's an outrage that Papplebon went at him, but absolve Harper for inviting it.

Harper is pure white trash.

I do think he was shocked, but IMO he didn't shrink away. He was pushed back and the bench went into the back of his knees causing him to lose his balance. He didn't throw punches over his teammates heads like Papelbon was trying to do though.

They both deserve blame. Mark DeRosa summed up my position on the matter pretty well.

Papelbon is the wrong guy to be calling out Harper. That's not to say Harper shouldn't be called out, but that it shouldn't be done by a guy who pitches one inning once every two to three games.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/former-player-scathing-down-jonathan-200700275.html

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I do think he was shocked, but IMO he didn't shrink away. He was pushed back and the bench went into the back of his knees causing him to lose his balance. He didn't throw punches over his teammates heads like Papelbon was trying to do though.

They both deserve blame. Mark DeRosa summed up my position on the matter pretty well.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/former-player-scathing-down-jonathan-200700275.html

I don't think it had anything to do with Harper running out a pop up. I think he doesn't like Harper and was looking for a reason to give him **** and that was the opportunity he was waiting for.

I don't think it had anything to do with Harper running out a pop up. I think he doesn't like Harper and was looking for a reason to give him **** and that was the opportunity he was waiting for.

I'll agree that it wasn't the major reason, it was just the match that set the fire off. Harper calling Papelbon out because he's the one that'll be on the receiving end of the retaliation for the Machado crap was definitely a bigger factor.

Wow-- brings back a lot of memories.

I probably watched 80% of the mets games from 95-03, when Bobby V. Managed them. Stopped following them when he got fired.

Valentine is my favorite Mets manager of all time. Killed me when they got rid of him.

If he had Randolph's teams, the Mets would have won two more series, in my opinion.

I like Collins a lot. He's done well, given the circumstances that the scumbag Wilpons created.

Valentine is my favorite Mets manager of all time. Killed me when they got rid of him.

If he had Randolph's teams, the Mets would have won two more series, in my opinion.

I like Collins a lot. He's done well, given the circumstances that the scumbag Wilpons created.

So what happened? Bobby V go insane since he left the Mets?

Same-- Bobby V. was the greatest. I remember watching so much Mets baseball that I could predict when Bobby V would hit and run, squeeze, etc. Really great tactician. I loved those early 90 teams. Rey Ordonoez, Bernard Gilkey, Jay Payton, Turk Wendell, Dennis Cook, Edgar Alfonzo, Jon Olerud, Robin Ventura. I still remember Piazza's first game as a Met, hitting that triple in his first AB. I also remember watching live the great 10-run comeback against the Braves. And who can forget Shawn Dunston's super long at bat in the NLCS against the Braves, right after I thought he blew it in the field.

I used to really follow the Mets, but when Art Howe came to town, and then the Mets started trying to out-spend everyone (e.g., Mo Vaughn, Johan Santana), I stopped following them. I felt like they became too big market for me.

I only started re-watching baseball a few years ago, and now just watch the Pirates.

Same-- Bobby V. was the greatest. I remember watching so much Mets baseball that I could predict when Bobby V would hit and run, squeeze, etc. Really great tactician. I loved those early 90 teams. Rey Ordonoez, Bernard Gilkey, Jay Payton, Turk Wendell, Dennis Cook, Edgar Alfonzo, Jon Olerud, Robin Ventura. I still remember Piazza's first game as a Met, hitting that triple in his first AB. I also remember watching live the great 10-run comeback against the Braves. And who can forget Shawn Dunston's super long at bat in the NLCS against the Braves, right after I thought he blew it in the field.

I used to really follow the Mets, but when Art Howe came to town, and then the Mets started trying to out-spend everyone (e.g., Mo Vaughn, Johan Santana), I stopped following them. I felt like they became too big market for me.

I only started re-watching baseball a few years ago, and now just watch the Pirates.

Omar Minaya and the Wilpons put the Mets into a coma (didn't quite kill them). Those Minaya years were dark. I really recommend you get back to watching them. It's a fun team to follow. Very reminiscent of the '86 team, but without the cocaine. I think.

I loved Bobbie V but he made some questionable calls too. But he knew how to manage even if his style was unorthodox & didn't win him any popularity contests. Agree, those mid 2000 teams were as good as any team in the NL. Randolph & then Manuel totally blew it with those teams.

Collins has done a great job given the bullsh*t circumstances he was given. The Wilpons are one of the worst ownership groups in all of baseball imo.

I loved Bobbie V but he made some questionable calls too. But he knew how to manage even if his style was unorthodox & didn't win him any popularity contests. Agree, those mid 2000 teams were as good as any team in the NL. Randolph & then Manuel totally blew it with those teams.

Collins has done a great job given the bullsh*t circumstances he was given. The Wilpons are one of the worst ownership groups in all of baseball imo.

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

WTF? I bring up a baseball fight between two grown men and rather than talk about who was talking **** and who woulda kicked whose ass you guys prefer to talk about actual baseball. The maturity level on this board leaves something to be desired.

And I haven't cared about the Mets since Strawberry left NY. Speaking of Strawberry, he was always up for a good fight. I bet if he said "let's go" he's be ready to go.