Andrew Luck excuse thread

4merper4mer

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep saying it and I will keep saying it until he proves me wrong...he is over rated. Doesn't mean he sucks, but the kid is way too turnover prone. He has never had a post season in the 3 years he has made it there where he had more TD's than INT's. His career post season TD:INT ration is 0.75:1...thats not Elite.

Can the kid keep getting better and become one of the best in the NFL, absolutely, but if this kids name was anything other than Andrew Luck he would be getting slammed left and right. But because there is mystique around the golden pony, he gets a pass.

Truth is, he hasn't earned it yet. Is he a bright star still, of course. Just stating, he is not at the level many prop him up to be at, well at least not yet.

I keep saying it and I will keep saying it until he proves me wrong...he is over rated. Doesn't mean he sucks, but the kid is way too turnover prone. He has never had a post season in the 3 years he has made it there where he had more TD's than INT's. His career post season TD:INT ration is 0.75:1...thats not Elite.

Can the kid keep getting better and become one of the best in the NFL, absolutely, but if this kids name was anything other than Andrew Luck he would be getting slammed left and right. But because there is mystique around the golden pony, he gets a pass.

Truth is, he hasn't earned it yet. Is he a bright star still, of course. Just stating, he is not at the level many prop him up to be at, well at least not yet.

What level do you think many put him at and what level do you think he is? Quantify.

All I know is that Week 1 victory isn't looking as good right now.

We beat the Colts better than the Jets did tonight. I saw an early turnover that gave the Jets a virtually free touchdown at the beginning of the game, a fluke missed FG by a usually automatic kicker, and a horrible horrible fumble on the goal line by Frank Gore.

I think the Colts gave this game away, whereas last week I think we won the game for ourselves.

Look he sucked tonight, no excuses. But calling out his stats in the playoffs is a little ridiculous. He has played in three NFL seasons. He has made the playoffs each season with a s****y defense and absolutely no running game whatsoever. In his first season, he lost his first playoff game. In his second season, he won one playoff game. In his third season, he won two playoff games. His career trajectory is right about where it should be. Let's revisit this one halfway through the season. He'll be fine.

Grigson's set up this team to fail and is among the worst GM's in football.

1. The way they keep neglecting their defense and that secondary showed their true issues tonight. Once Vontae Davis went down, it was over. Chan and Fitz kept attacking his replacement; a guy who's never played CB before. So instead of drafting a CB in the draft, and instead of developing Hilton and Montcrief, they draft Dorsett who's done NOTHING so far. Greg Manusky deserves better than this. He's a great defensive mind and in my opinion has done a great job with the crap players he has on defense and in the secondary.

2. Not sure why they have issues drafting a RB when there's been plentiful every year. Instead they decide to sign an over the hill RB after trading a 1st round for Trent Richardson. Ameer Abdullah, Tevin Coleman, Matt Jones, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Karlos Williams, all would've been an upgrade over Gore. That entire scouting team needs to be fired.

3. Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard? A first rounder for Trent Richardson? Do I really need to say more?

4. He continues to neglect the offensive line. Outside of Costanzo and Herremans, this line is horrendous and can't protect Luck. Costanzo at best is a mediocre lineman. Even in the Manning days, he would've failed if it wasn't for that line. Jeff Saturday, Tarik Glenn, Ryan Diem that o-lines always been stacked.

Outside their OUTSTANDING 2012 draft, he hasn't done sht. Year after year, boneheaded offseason moves continue to derail Andrew Luck and the Colts. Until they figure out that defense and o-line, Andrew Luck will continue to fall short of the big show.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Old and slow WR and RB. Overrated coach. Bad lines on both sides of the ball - though their D-line looks to be getting better. Overrated TE's. Throws too many picks.

Luck is top 10 maybe top 6 QB.

Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and probably Rivers are better.

Toss up next with Luck, Wilson, Newton, Brees, Romo, and Ryan.

Look he sucked tonight, no excuses. But calling out his stats in the playoffs is a little ridiculous. He has played in three NFL seasons. He has made the playoffs each season with a s****y defense and absolutely no running game whatsoever. In his first season, he lost his first playoff game. In his second season, he won one playoff game. In his third season, he won two playoff games. His career trajectory is right about where it should be. Let's revisit this one halfway through the season. He'll be fine.

So are you saying he is not responsible for HIS stats severely regressing in the playoffs compared to the regular season? You see, I hate that excuse because this kid lights the regular season up, so if that was the reason he stunk in the playoffs then he should stink all the time.

I don't want to hear about his teams short comings come playoff time for why his play suddenly takes a dump. I am not even referencing wins and losses...teams win and lose, not one player. I am talking about his personal performance is significantly worse in the playoffs. Maybe its because he spends half the regular season playing bad teams so he looks better in those games, but come playoff time he has to face better competition and he struggles a lot more.

I am not saying he wont be great...I am just not ready to ASSUME he will be the next great thing like so many others are. Going back to the NE game and the first 2 games of this year, he has looked terrible. He is a turnover machine and until he corrects that, he will ALWAYS struggle to win in the playoffs. He has more turnovers than TD's in the playoffs, and based on what I have seen so far this year, he doesn't seem to have fixed his turnover problem yet.

I get it, he's a marquee prospect, and I am in NO WAY closing the door on the kid or calling him a flop or a bust. What I am saying is that I have not seen enough to put him in the Aaron Rodgers discussion, which is where he frequently resides as most often talked about as one of the 3 best QB's in the league...which he is in NO WAY at that level...YET.

PS: Saying he is over rated baed on where he is at right now versus where he is talked up to be doesn't mean I think the kid sucks. Just means i don't think he is top 3 in the league like many rank him to be. Rodgers, Brady, Ben, Ryan, Wilson are all better...I would say Rivers is better right now as well. Luck would come in somewhere around 7th for me. Again, not terrible, just not as high as many annoit him to be.

Edited by Alphadawg7

We beat the Colts better than the Jets did tonight. I saw an early turnover that gave the Jets a virtually free touchdown at the beginning of the game, a fluke missed FG by a usually automatic kicker, and a horrible horrible fumble on the goal line by Frank Gore.

I think the Colts gave this game away, whereas last week I think we won the game for ourselves.

While I agree that our win was more convinving, we did it at home and the Jets did it on the road. That should be factored in, IMO.

Edited by Felonious Monk

Keep the excuses for Kim Jung QB flowing. Never see him as some who panics and throws off his back foot, misses reads, misses throws, fumbles while scrambling in his own territory with less than 2 min left in the half. Just look at him as the golden child. The Colts are safe with him like N Korea is the worlds greatest economic power.

This thread is why love this board. Andrew luck while not perfect is still about 1 billion times better than any quarterback we've had in the past 15 years. But god damn Kim Jong QB lol

Kim Jung QB is 1 billion times better than the castoff who schooled him last night and the 5 year backup who beat him without even starting the game last week. Kim Jung QB has a perfect passer rating again this year.