Taylor Review

Thurmal34

A 2 game stretch Kirby. What can you truly say about 2 freaking games? Not all that much as fact. On pace means pace. It does not mean it will happen. If it does GREAT.

look back over the years - Scoring is always up in September

The Steelers put up 21 v the Putz, and 43 against the 49ers.

2 days ago Arizona put up 48 t oChicago's 23 and Oakland put up 37 to Baltimores 33

Yes, it is good the Bills put up 32 and 27 points ..... lets not get carried away.

how do you think the 0-2 teams feel putting up points and have ZERO wins??

Im not following the point? The Bills offense is miles ahead of where it was this time last year (miles). That is the point. They aren't the ones not holding up their end of the bargain. They haven't been perfect but there is not 1 Bills fan (here or anyone else) that wouldn't have taken 8 TDs through 2 weeks. That is way better than anyone expected or predicted. Unfortunately, no one would have projected the Bills to give up 470 yards in the air in a game.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeBuscaglia

Tyrod Taylor has to spot Percy Harvin (37-yard line) on this play. Had time in the pocket, safety was 15 yards away.

CPjE8eqWEAAJNro.pngCPjE8kaWIAAIY9P.png

OK, Joe, that's true, but where do you want him to throw it? If he throws it where neither defender on the line can get a mitt on it, he'll be throwing it behind Harvin. Will Harvin go back for it? If he throws it in front of Harvin and Harvin misses, it will sail right to the safety. I don't want to get tagged as a "Taylor apologist", and it's possible that what happened is Taylor hesistated and he should have pulled the trigger sooner, when Harvin was two yards to the right and could have run into the ball. If that's the case, the problem isn't Taylor "not seeing" Harvin, it's Taylor not trusting what he sees and reacting quickly enough or not having enough "timing" with Harvin.

I really don't like these cherrypicked film shots that pundits use to second-guess players. I do agree with Joe that it appears there should have been a play there - time to throw, and an open receiver

@JoeBuscaglia

Tyrod Taylor has to spot Percy Harvin (37-yard line) on this play. Had time in the pocket, safety was 15 yards away.

There were about three of these in the first half. One had a wide open Hogan streaking over the middle.

OTOH, anyone who says that TT's fourth quarter throws were into garbage time is delusional. Pats* did not relent on the pass rush.

There were about three of these in the first half. One had a wide open Hogan streaking over the middle.

OTOH, anyone who says that TT's fourth quarter throws were into garbage time is delusional. Pats* did not relent on the pass rush.

To be continued in South Florida in Sun Life Stadium this Sunday we all hope.

To be continued in South Florida in Sun Life Stadium this Sunday we all hope.

Let's hope so.

One thing no one has mentioned on the last pass is that the true play was to Clay. He got behind all the DBs.

This will be a teaching session in the film room for Tyrod. He had receivers open all over the place and he must be kicking himself with all the missed opportunities. A decent QB should be able to torch the Pats* secondary all day long.

I wonder if after TT's performance on Sunday, the coaches decided to elevate EJ closer to starting status. If EJ's the starter, they definitely relegate TT to backup, which means there's no room for Cassell. They brought Cassell back for a reason ... thinking he'd backup TT, something obviously changed. No one gets excited about swapping a 7th for a 5th RD pick 2 years out.

Edited by JTSP

This thread is such a joke. So critical of a talented yet inexperienced QB and reviewing his strengths/weaknesses after 2 games. I'll be doing my reviewing at the end of the season to see if he's progressed or regressed.

Have you seen the threads about EJ Manuel?? At least Tyrod has an experienced HC and OC.

I wonder if after TT's performance on Sunday, the coaches decided to elevate EJ closer to starting status. If EJ's the starter, they definitely relegate TT to backup, which means there's no room for Cassell. They brought Cassell back for a reason ... thinking he'd backup TT, something obviously changed. No one gets excited about swapping a 7th for a 5th RD pick 2 years out.

They're seeing something in practice that helped them make this decision to trade Cassel.

Im not following the point? The Bills offense is miles ahead of where it was this time last year (miles). That is the point. They aren't the ones not holding up their end of the bargain. They haven't been perfect but there is not 1 Bills fan (here or anyone else) that wouldn't have taken 8 TDs through 2 weeks. That is way better than anyone expected or predicted. Unfortunately, no one would have projected the Bills to give up 470 yards in the air in a game.

YAWN!!!!! read slow Kirby because this is getting tiring ...

Here is my point ....

What have I been saying for a while now?? 14 games isn't enough to judge EJ. Ergo 2 freaking games is not enough to judge TT.

fair enough?

If you need more info as to what I was saying WRT September points. I hope you can see the pattern -

2011 Sept games 41, 38, 34, 20 - 3-1 w/ Veteran QB

2012 Sept games 28, 35, 24, 28 - 2-2 w/ Veteran QB

2013 Sept games 21, 24, 20, 23 - 2-2 w/ Rookie QB

2014 Sept games 23, 29, 10, 17 - 2-2 w/ 2nd yr QB

2015 Sept games 27, 32 ...

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

This thread is such a joke. So critical of a talented yet inexperienced QB and reviewing his strengths/weaknesses after 2 games. I'll be doing my reviewing at the end of the season to see if he's progressed or regressed.

This ^

Kirby. Maybe my words from someone else might make the point.

This ^

Kirby. Maybe my words from someone else might make the point.

I don't think anyone is anointing Tyrod as anything. The point is that the offense looks competent after two weeks, and that if what we're seeing is the floor, then the potential exists for this to be a very potent attack once they gain some cohesion.

You have to admit, the contributing factors for this offense's performance are quite different than last year, as (a) guys haven't played together before (and didn't get a lot of time in the preseason), (b) there's a new coaching staff in place, and © there's much more talent in place.

Rodak is a HTTR. /sarc

I don't think anyone is anointing Tyrod as anything. The point is that the offense looks competent after two weeks, and that if what we're seeing is the floor, then the potential exists for this to be a very potent attack once they gain some cohesion.

You have to admit, the contributing factors for this offense's performance are quite different than last year, as (a) guys haven't played together before (and didn't get a lot of time in the preseason), (b) there's a new coaching staff in place, and © there's much more talent in place.

The point is that the offense looked competent after the Indy game. The point is that the offense looked chitty for a long time during Sunday's game.

Why should I change my stance that 5 straight drives ending in punts and or turnovers as being bad? I'd like to know a good reason why.

1 PUNT

1 PUNT

1 INT - 9 yards passing after the 1st QTR

2 PUNT

2 PUNT

We've seen this before many times. I am not getting overexcited after 2 games.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The point is that the offense looked competent after the Indy game. The point is that the offense looked chitty for a long time during Sunday's game.

Why should I change my stance that 5 straight drives ending in punts and or turnovers as being bad? I'd like to know a good reason why.

I think the offense had 2 stretches of very poor play. I don't remember anyone saying that you should change your stance on that--not sure why you're getting defensive.

I also don't know why there seems to be a rush to marginalize what the offense has done up to this point...that, to me, is very odd.