The NFL has changed so much--FIRE ROGER GOODELL

ThurmasThoman

Honestly, this just sums up how I feel as well. But it's one of those things that will likely never be proven. Someone seriously involved with whatever the Pats do would have to turn on them fully. But there's just a feeling with the Patriots--there's just something going on with them. Whatever they're doing they've likely justified to themselves as 'gamesmanship' or whatnot, but I truly believe they're cheating.

Follow the money.

It's funny how all of their sports teams became good at the same time.

Edited by musichunch

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with the OP here. 100%. For a true football fan, The Nfl gets less and less watchable every day.

The NFL is definitely a joke when it comes to penalties. To your other points, New England was just better than the bills today plain and simple. The bills definitely got screwed on a lot of calls today but that wasn't the reason they lost

It was a one score game , it very well could have Ben the reason they lost. I mean really, there was an obvious hold on one of their TD passes. Sammy had a bs OPI call that instead of a 15 yard gain turned I to two penalties for 25 yards- that's a loss of FORTY YARDS on one freaking call.

Calls like that literally do change the outcomes of 1 score games. Not to mention the entire second Q was the refs screwing the bills and te bills subsequently loosing their cool.

I completely agree with the OP here. 100%. For a true football fan, The Nfl gets less and less watchable every day.

It was a one score game , it very well could have Ben the reason they lost. I mean really, there was an obvious hold on one of their TD passes. Sammy had a bs OPI call that instead of a 15 yard gain turned I to two penalties for 25 yards- that's a loss of FORTY YARDS on one freaking call.

Calls like that literally do change the outcomes of 1 score games. Not to mention the entire second Q was the refs screwing the bills and te bills subsequently loosing their cool.

Ya I know. It was a one score game but New England was in control for the most part, they just got arrogant towards the end with trying to run up the score. It made the game look closer than I think it was. You are right though there were bad calls and who knows if it would have changed the outcome but I do think new England outplayed the bills today and deserved the win

There shouldnt even be refs anymore. Every play can be reviewed in seconds. Or yellow flags indicate the refs opinion that something on the field should be looked at in detail. It goes to NY for the final, hopefully accurate word. Red coach flags are as they are now. Refs are antiquated.

I support the larger powers at work here. More stuff will surface. Its a matter of time that the nfl puppet show for the last 15 years will be exposed.

Think to 2001. A 6th round pick given a chance to lead the show by a billionaire? A coach on his last head coaching stint willing to do anything to win? A big name consumer product owner with buys into a high wealth market in an area hungry for a successful sports team? It makes too much sense. Why would any of them bite the hand that fed them. Bill and brady would do anything to protect kraft and NE and stay on top.

After it seemed to hit the fan for NE this summer i thought it would be more... normal? But now it just looks more scripted than ever. Buf claws back in, pick on first play to tie... come on NFL, you used that script with fitz and ej already...

Edited by PortlandiaEast

There shouldnt even be refs anymore. Everyplay can be reviewed in seconds. Or yellow falgs indicate the refs opinion that something on the field should be looked at in detail. It goes to NY for the final, hopefully accurate word. Red coach flags are as they are now. Refs are antiquated.

Antiquated and underpaid part-time employees. Perfectly susceptible to gamblers. Players cost too much now with their salaries to throw games, but refs would probably do it for a few thousand. There's rumors as many as 9 NFL teams were investigated for being connected with gamblers in the 80's. Sport's dirty little secret. There's a reason no team goes near Vegas, they're terrified of being associated.

See edits please. This forum has more entertainment that the games themselves! You all are great, both sides of the arguement.

Antiquated and underpaid part-time employees. Perfectly susceptible to gamblers. Players cost too much now with their salaries to throw games, but refs would probably do it for a few thousand. There's rumors as many as 9 NFL teams were investigated for being connected with gamblers in the 80's. Sport's dirty little secret. There's a reason no team goes near Vegas, they're terrified of being associated.

Underpaid on paper maybe. Im sure that when the right team wins they get a shoebox full of cash that never hits their 1099/w-2 from the someone at the top. Edited by PortlandiaEast

Honestly, this just sums up how I feel as well. But it's one of those things that will likely never be proven. Someone seriously involved with whatever the Pats do would have to turn on them fully. But there's just a feeling with the Patriots--there's just something going on with them. Whatever they're doing they've likely justified to themselves as 'gamesmanship' or whatnot, but I truly believe they're cheating.

I mean, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

They've been busted for cheating.

They had to give back draft picks and pay an enormous fine.

Then the same thing happened again.

ESPN.com writes exposes on their cheating.

There is even more to come, per ESPN, on their cheating.

Football is losing it's appeal because either one of 2 things is happening:

In scenario 1, a reject coach from Cleveland, by way of the Jets, turned into a football genius in New England, and with the help of a plucky 6th round draft pick at QB, established the greatest legacy in the history of the game. Other teams got "jealous" of their success, and concocted a Kennedy/Moon Landing.9-11 type conspiracy to at once discredit their league, their leagues premier franchise, and the game itself, all in an attempt to level the playing field, because said qb and said coach are SO UNBEATABLE ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD BECAUSE OF THEIR OTHERWORLDLY SKILLS that the only way to stop them is to come together like voltron and chip away at their legacy with baseless allegations of cheating. Also, their place as statistical outliers in stats like "fewest fumbles by 2 standard deviations since petitioning the league to be in control of footballs in both home and away games and then being punished for deflating footballs illegally" are merely coincidences that can be chalked up to "bad math".

In scenario 2, a reject coach from Cleveland, by way of the Jets, realized that there is no top-down organizational control in the NFL, so anything goes, and he compiled dossiers on every team in a manner that would make the NSA blush, and when that turned into immediate success with no repurcussions, he was emboldened, and analyzed his program from every angle, and cut corners whenever possible to give his team the advantage at every turn--whether legal or not. Everyone is aware that this is happening, but can't pinpoint the exact details, so they go to great lengths to protect themselves, their careers, and their reputations, by taking precautions when playing the Patriots that they take with no other team.

The fact that this happens isn't what is ruining my love of football--having a bad guy is kind of cool.

It's the fact that so many people have their third eye sealed so tightly shut that they literally need to have Bill Beliceck come to their house, f*ck their mother, impregnate her, and then name his illegitimate child "I Bill Beliceck am naming my son Cheater, as a covenant with God that I cheated in professional football, and my titles should be vacated."

Even then, Mr WEO would be rubbing his moms back, telling her that Beliceck has innovated the way dads are going to name babies in the future.

Edited by JohnnyGold

I've been saying for years, we need robot referees. Flags have become way too discretionary.

And I agree on the magnitude of the penalties called on Buffalo vs New England. On the stat sheet it looks pretty close, but Buffalos penalties are always more of game changing nature.

In scenario 1, a reject coach from Cleveland, by way of the Jets, turned into a football genius in New England, and with the help of a plucky 6th round draft pick at QB, established the greatest legacy in the history of the game. Other teams got "jealous" of their success, and concocted a Kennedy/Moon Landing.9-11 type conspiracy to at once discredit their league, their leagues premier franchise, and the game itself, all in an attempt to level the playing field, because said qb and said coach are SO UNBEATABLE ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD BECAUSE OF THEIR OTHERWORLDLY SKILLS that the only way to stop them is to come together like voltron and chip away at their legacy with baseless allegations of cheating. Also, their place as statistical outliers in stats like "fewest fumbles by 2 standard deviations since petitioning the league to be in control of footballs in both home and away games and then being punished for deflating footballs illegally" are merely coincidences that can be chalked up to "bad math".

In scenario 2, a reject coach from Cleveland, by way of the Jets, realized that there is no top-down organizational control in the NFL, so anything goes, and he compiled dossiers on every team in a manner that would make the NSA blush, and when that turned into immediate success with no repurcussions, he was emboldened, and analyzed his program from every angle, and cut corners whenever possible to give his team the advantage at every turn--whether legal or not. Everyone is aware that this is happening, but can't pinpoint the exact details, so they go to great lengths to protect themselves, their careers, and their reputations, by taking precautions when playing the Patriots that they take with no other team.

The fact that this happens isn't what is ruining my love of football--having a bad guy is kind of cool.

It's the fact that so many people have their third eye sealed so tightly shut that they literally need to have Bill Beliceck come to their house, f*ck their mother, impregnate her, and then name his illegitimate child "I Bill Beliceck am naming my son Cheater, as a covenant with God that I cheated in professional football, and my titles should be vacated."

Even then, Mr WEO would be rubbing his moms back, telling her that Beliceck has innovated the way dads are going to name babies in the future.

Bill and Tom were perfect pawns in 2001.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally used the search function and didnt start a repeat thread! Im learning folks. I have been thinking for over a year now that Goodel has run his course in the NFL. Its time for the owners to vote him oit and heres my top reasons feel free to add yours.

- Making the league into a flag fest---the players cant do their jobs, slows the game, and ends up deciding games.

- The whole London thing makes me sick. To many logisticsl hurdles for travel and what free agents want to go there?

- Flirting with Mexico City is another joke of an idea for the same reasons above minus the travel-same hemisphere- but add some major corruption and crime and its no good for the league.

When do the owners say enough? Probably never because everyones pockets are getting bigger.

:flirt:

that was good.

f*ck the NFL.

Remember when the mods locked my thread yesterday:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181599-attn-bills-fans-log-off-for-the-night/

Because I wasnt contributing positively to the board.

Do any of you still think this sport is on the up and up?

Or are you ready to join me in the class action lawsuit of the century.

Just wait til they expose the "moderators" of this board.

Sorry beerball,better get the ban hammer out, I didn't mean to offend you oh great ruler, unbiased lord of football knowledge, and impartial judge of what conversations are appropriate for the information super highway :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Beerball should at least have the balls to explain why he closes those threads, instead of using automatic messages that don't apply. I think we were contributing more positively than 90% of threads on here.

The only place we weren't contributing positively was the NFL's (and Buffalo Bill's) bottom line.

Beerball should at least have the balls to explain why he closes those threads, instead of using automatic messages that don't apply. I think we were contributing more positively than 90% of threads on here.

The only place we weren't contributing positively was the NFL's (and Buffalo Bill's) bottom line.

He's a league employee I'm sure.

I'm sure some moderator privileges are given to NFL social media employees.

3 people could take 10 teams a piece and control the message on fanboards while they have their coffee in the morning and have their local news open in an 11th tab--they would be done before lunch time.

But I guess that's just way too far fetched, and way too much work for a multi multi multi billion dollar organization that has plans to expand globally to do. Why would they go to such BACKBREAKING :thumbdown: lengths to try to control the image of their product. It's not like this is an image conscious league that parades their players around in pink for 25% of the season because "cancer".

Edited by JohnnyGold

Well I finally used the search function and didnt start a repeat thread! Im learning folks. I have been thinking for over a year now that Goodel has run his course in the NFL. Its time for the owners to vote him oit and heres my top reasons feel free to add yours.

- Making the league into a flag fest---the players cant do their jobs, slows the game, and ends up deciding games.

- The whole London thing makes me sick. To many logisticsl hurdles for travel and what free agents want to go there?

- Flirting with Mexico City is another joke of an idea for the same reasons above minus the travel-same hemisphere- but add some major corruption and crime and its no good for the league.

When do the owners say enough? Probably never because everyones pockets are getting bigger.

Or probably because Goodell has nothing to do with any of the things you have cited. The owners are the ones who decided on international games. The competition committee and the owners themselves decide the rules of the game and how to enforce them. Then the tell Goodell to go out and tell the public so we won't go screaming to our owner who is complicit with these decisions.

It's always stunning to realize people (some) still don't know how this works re: owners/Goodell. This is direct proof that Goodell is worth every penny and is doing his job exactly as his bosses want, with a few massive free publicity gaffes along the way. But those work out to the owners' benefit always anyway.

:flirt:

that was good.

You just buffed your own stale thread! Awesome.

He's a league employee I'm sure.

I'm sure some moderator privileges are given to NFL social media employees.

3 people could take 10 teams a piece and control the message on fanboards while they have their coffee in the morning and have their local news open in an 11th tab--they would be done before lunch time.

But I guess that's just way too far fetched, and way too much work for a multi multi multi billion dollar organization that has plans to expand globally to do. Why would they go to such BACKBREAKING :thumbdown: lengths to try to control the image of their product. It's not like this is an image conscious league that parades their players around in pink for 25% of the season because "cancer".

This stuff is simply off the charts great! I am just hoping a league employee does not close this thread too. it all is coming together now around 11'"people" give or take a couple, control the NFL fan message boards drinking their morning coffee. Of course! i bet they are paid well to boot. The evidence is so convincing.

This is right up there with the obvious fake moon landings in the Mohave desert.

This stuff is simply off the charts great! I am just hoping a league employee does not close this thread too. it all is coming together now around 11'"people" give or take a couple, control the NFL fan message boards drinking their morning coffee. Of course! i bet they are paid well to boot. The evidence is so convincing.

This is right up there with the obvious fake moon landings in the Mohave desert.

I pointed this out in the locked thread. Any conspiracy whatsoever, no matter how small, is grouped in with UFOs/lizard people/etc. It's been turned into a slur. The bolded above is a great example.

They never argue the point, they just ad hominem attack you.