Ohio State vs. Everyone Game & other NCAA games

boyst

I know there are a lot of tOSU haters here, and lovers.

But, this game on ESPN is amazing. Three turnovers for the Bucks in the 1Q. 2 INT's and 1 fumble. Huskies winning 7-3.

Bucks likely putting #2 Barrett in at QB.

edit: yes, moderators, I know there is a college thread, but last year we often had a NCAA thread for the days football games...

Edited by Boyst62

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN2 isn't showing any graphics with score, time, etc. WTF? As they cut for commercial they said THEosu is down 7, I think. I need to confirm before I start taunting my OSU buddies. Even if they come back and win by 40, this should not be!

EDIT: There's a score and my reason to reach out to some folks.....

Edited by Augie

ESPN2 isn't showing any graphics with score, time, etc. WTF? As they cut for commercial they said THEosu is down 7, I think. I need to confirm before I start taunting my OSU buddies. Even if they come back and win by 40, this should not be!

EDIT: There's a score and my reason to reach out to some folks.....

It's 10-10 now, tOSU going for it after a bad punt attempt. 4th down OSU missed it.

sleeping-smiley-face-clip-art-785809.jpg

these 4th downs are exciting. what you talkin bout willis?

Just curious where are all those people that said I was nuts when I said Cardale Jones was overrated coming into this season, that when you really looked at the games last year he wasn't really that good as of yet, and that he was as "sure fire" first round pick? Except for a few flash in the pan throws, he has not looked good at all this season. But, I'm sure no one will admit they were wrong and perhaps jumped the gun a bit. (See looking forward to 2016 draft thread)

Edited by Mark80

Just curious where are all those people that said I was nuts when I said Cardale Jones was overrated coming into this season, that when you really looked at the games last year he wasn't really that good as of yet, and that he was as "sure fire" first round pick? Except for a few flash in the pan throws, he has not looked good at all this season. But, I'm sure no one will admit they were wrong and perhaps jumped the gun a bit. (See looking forward to 2016 draft thread)

I am not jumping off the bandwagon and he has looked bad this year (better than Hackenberg though). Jamies was bad last year and went 1st overall. NFL QBs are drafted based on their skill sets and Cardale's tools are insane. He is still raw and was certainly not going to maintain the level of late last year. Even if he doesn't play better the rest of the year he will still have a good shot to go in the 1st because he is 6'5 260 lbs. with a cannon.

There were people proclaiming him to be a sure-fire 1st round pick and possibly 1st pick overall. It was madness. One guy based it on his measurables alone. I think it was the same thread you're talking about.

I will say that he's probably in an adjustment period right now early in the season. Being the full-time starter. He may hit his stride later in the season if OSU sticks with him. In the end, I think he's a good college QB, but still doesn't project well to the NFL. As of right now, mid-late round pick to develop for a few years.

Like Tyrod!

I am not jumping off the bandwagon and he has looked bad this year (better than Hackenberg though). Jamies was bad last year and went 1st overall. NFL QBs are drafted based on their skill sets and Cardale's tools are insane. He is still raw and was certainly not going to maintain the level of late last year. Even if he doesn't play better the rest of the year he will still have a good shot to go in the 1st because he is 6'5 260 lbs. with a cannon.

Yeah. Some scouts will still be enamored with him. We see these mistakes made every year.

There were people proclaiming him to be a sure-fire 1st round pick and possibly 1st pick overall. It was madness. One guy based it on his measurables alone. I think it was the same thread you're talking about.

I will say that he's probably in an adjustment period right now early in the season. Being the full-time starter. He may hit his stride later in the season if OSU sticks with him. In the end, I think he's a good college QB, but still doesn't project well to the NFL. As of right now, mid-late round pick to develop for a few years.

Like Tyrod!

Yeah. Some scouts will still be enamored with him. We see these mistakes made every year.

I'm not saying that he is a lock to be an NFL star but you are right that scouts will fall in love. At the moment he has a high ceiling and a low floor.

Like Tyrod!

Agree 100%. I never said that he couldn't become a 1st round pick, I only said that to say that at this point (or before this season) was way too premature.

In the same post I also said that Hackenberg was overrated too, for what it's worth. They were my two most overrated QBs coming into this season and you may, or may not, remember me praising Kessler as the guy to watch...he's been dominant so far and it will be interesting to see what he does against Stanford today.

Edited by Mark80

3 INT's

I think YOLO is getting a razorblade and heading to the bathroom.

Wow, ok nevermind.

I thought that one was particularly funny, it directly relates to my profession.

backup quarterback for the new olean saints?

hi luke!

Edited by Boyst62

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.